Gen Poker's Goals For '09

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poker Goals for 2009:1) 100k hands/month2) $75,000 profit (Online/Live/Bonuses/etc)3) At least 1 day off/week4) Consistently play Sunday Stars Majors when I crack 75 buyins5) Be honest w/ myself about leaks and not be afraid to ask for helpLife Goals for 2009:1) Keep >3.0 GPA for scholarship2) Decide if I want to double major3) Explore assistant coaching football or soccer4) Make it out to WSOP for cash games/FCP meetups5) Keep up w/ my blog at least 2x/weekedit: im 20

no time to post goals for the new year. Gonna get very drunk really soon, and will think about good goals tomorrow when I'm hungover and recovering.

Poker:Move up to 100nl for the first half of the year and potentially move up to 200nl by the end of the year.Book a half million hands by the year.Evaluate my game throughout, talk to more people about poker.Life:Get more involved in clubs, volunteering, etc.Get a higher GPA then last semester (3.76)Find something useful to do for summer.Age 18

poker:-100k profit mtts-atleast one 5figure score-Supernova-cash in a live event besides a daily (only 20yo till sep.)life:-complete a triathalon-be able to run a 4minute mile again-travel more-drink less
good to get that out of the way on day 1 :club:

poker goalsno depositing this yearbuild bankroll to $1000 onlinefirst 4 figure score get to turning stone once a monthlife goalskeep working on advancing at new job ( switched last year)be better father/husbandplay more than 3 rounds of golfI am 43 years old and a very recreational player

Goals:Life Related- Graduate in May 2009 w/ a B.S. in Applied Math. Obtain Teacher's License in December 2009.- Be less lazy.Poker-Related- Work on improving my MTT/SnG game. For the past few years I've played casually, but have gotten lucky with big scores.This year I want to put a lot more time into studying tournament theory and improving my game a ton. Instead of playing casually on the weekends, I'm going to start putting in at least 25 hours a week playing a mixture of MTTs and SNGs. I'll probably come up with a monetary/more specific goal once I figure out the details/stakes I'll be playing.Happy new year FCP, without you guys I'd still be depositing $50 on stars and playing $15 SNGs for a night!

• 11 months later...

Apparently I didn't post anything when this thread was originally going, but I still feel like I accomplished less than I wanted. So, less than zero? Yeah...that'd be about right.

Poker Goals-Dedicate 24 hours a week to cash games, and all of Sunday to tourneys.Take a mandatory 2 days off per week no matter what. Win a Sunday MajorMake 200k in cash games + 150k in other business Life goalsTrain for a half ironman or some other type of competitionStart mountain biking on the regularMandatory 5000 calories a week burned via cardio until I reach 10% body fatAvoid carbs before i go to bedContinue to build muscleOwn at least 3 income producing properties by the end of 2009
Def took off more then 2 days offDidnt win a Sunday major, yetFail at making either of those amountsLife goals-havent trained -didnt touch my bike once this yeargot pretty close to doing this much cardiodef avoid carbs but learned alot more about nutritiondef lifted more consistentlydidnt buy any income producing properties:(
Def took off more then 2 days offDidnt win a Sunday major, yetFail at making either of those amountsLife goals-havent trained -didnt touch my bike once this yeargot pretty close to doing this much cardiodef avoid carbs but learned alot more about nutritiondef lifted more consistentlydidnt buy any income producing properties:(
That's why they always say to aim high. You obv have a lot of room to not meet these goals but still have a very successful year. I'd rather aim here and miss than hit a simple set of goals.That said get on your damn bike. It's such a fun, simple way to exercise and your legs will thank you for it in 40 years. lol.