**the Official "toronto Maple Leafs Suck" Thread**

"These days" can be taken in two different ways:1 - Given the thread we're in, a joke at the Leafs expense, that they in fact give "haters' PLENTY to mock them for, since they're awful2 - Pointing out that, since it is the playoffs, the Leafs have not done anything of note in weeks, so there isn't much Leaf-related to talk about.Serge's interpretation, though commendable, was not intended. This isn't the thread for talking about any strides the organization may or may not have made :club:
or 3:These prosperous days at MLSE, and they have nothing to make fun of.THe glory days are coming my eastern coastinian friend.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got my hopes up, jerk.

Some good news from Leaf land....Carlyle has figured out how to work the toaster.

Can Kypreos be a bigger douche? just a voice for every player in negotiations.   "Dion wants 50million+ over 7yrs, and Newport Sports has the stats to prove why he deserves it" STFU

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Didn't want to post this in the regular Leafs thread, because I don't want to come off as a troll.If I'm a Leafs fan, I'm starting to grow pretty concerned over the leadership in management that this team has.Why is there always an excuse for these guys? Today Burke literally blamed the trade deadline for distracting the players and says he's going to have his own fake deadline next year 10 days earlier or something.And the other day, the coaches are calling out the goaltending.I don't know, but I don't like it. They just always seem to have an excuse for everything when they do poorly.You'll never hear stuff like that from the Pens coaches or management. It creates a culture of losing and unaccountability, and that's awful for a hockey team, especially one in a desperate playoff hunt.Hope they turn it around, but it's going to have to start from the top.

Didn't want to post this in the regular Leafs thread, because I don't want to come off as a troll.If I'm a Leafs fan, I'm starting to grow pretty concerned over the leadership in management that this team has.Why is there always an excuse for these guys? Today Burke literally blamed the trade deadline for distracting the players and says he's going to have his own fake deadline next year 10 days earlier or something.And the other day, the coaches are calling out the goaltending.I don't know, but I don't like it. They just always seem to have an excuse for everything when they do poorly.You'll never hear stuff like that from the Pens coaches or management. It creates a culture of losing and unaccountability, and that's awful for a hockey team, especially one in a desperate playoff hunt.Hope they turn it around, but it's going to have to start from the top.
Its a legitimate excuse..There is literally 10 times more media in Toronto than most cities.. ..Burke has his no trade freeze before everyone else at xmas time.The players all love and respect the GM.
You clearly don't get my point.Making excuses is what losers do.
Sure I get your point, Im not blaming the losing streak on solely the trade deadline, however its a huge factor..Coincidence that Luke Schenn's game went into the toilet, right after his name was mentioned in 6992 trade rumours?Same as Grabovski? and the goaltending?

Maybe not, but that's not my point either. The point is that it's completely terrible for the guys who are supposed to be leading this team, the coaches, the managers, etc to go out in the media and make excuses. Just my opinion, and obviously a differing point between us. You'll never hear Ray Shero or Dan Bylsma whine about how bad their injuries have been in the last two seasons, not once. Yet it's true, and it's certainly an excuse for why the Penguins lost in the first round last year. But they're not going to publicly acknowledge that, and I think that's the strongest thing to do.But you, and Burke, and Wilson, you can go on making excuses, and you'll probably have to stop watching hockey in April for the 7th straight season.

Sure I get your point, Im not blaming the losing streak on solely the trade deadline, however its a huge factor..Coincidence that Luke Schenn's game went into the toilet, right after his name was mentioned in 6992 trade rumours?Same as Grabovski? and the goaltending?
If Schenn being mentioned in trade rumours makes him play terribly, then he is a second-rate professional athlete. Yes, Leafs players get more attention than in most (any?) other cities. They don't get ALL the attention though. And in other sports, there are teams and cities and players bigger than Toronto. Does any player who ever played for the Yankees get to excuse poor play based on media attention?They're humans but also professional athletes. People talking about how they may be playing hockey in another city the next day should not significantly affect their play, unless they are overly sensitive or their coaches are poor. That's it. To use that as an excuse is nothing but a distraction technique from management and not even to be taken seriously. Though he did it ingenuinely, I applaud Burke for using it, since it seems to actually have people wondering if it is true, rather than looking at the real issues of the team, because the excuse itself is obviously a load of crap.
Maybe not, but that's not my point either. The point is that it's completely terrible for the guys who are supposed to be leading this team, the coaches, the managers, etc to go out in the media and make excuses. Just my opinion, and obviously a differing point between us. You'll never hear Ray Shero or Dan Bylsma whine about how bad their injuries have been in the last two seasons, not once. Yet it's true, and it's certainly an excuse for why the Penguins lost in the first round last year. But they're not going to publicly acknowledge that, and I think that's the strongest thing to do.But you, and Burke, and Wilson, you can go on making excuses, and you'll probably have to stop watching hockey in April for the 7th straight season.
Its a good point I didnt think about, that having leadership throw up excuses makes for a team more willing to lose, if you will. (ready made excuses)I guess some would call it Burke defending his players. I dont know what to think, other then this team keeps losing, and they keep saying its everyone's fault but the players+coaches.Just wondering, aren't the Yankees the most over covered team in baseball?Who is it in the NBA? Lakers I would guess.How about football? NY Giants maybe? Packers? hmmm. Wonder why the "media" isnt to blame there. Oh right, you dont blame anyone for winning.
Its a good point I didnt think about, that having leadership throw up excuses makes for a team more willing to lose, if you will. (ready made excuses)I guess some would call it Burke defending his players. I dont know what to think, other then this team keeps losing, and they keep saying its everyone's fault but the players+coaches.Just wondering, aren't the Yankees the most over covered team in baseball?Who is it in the NBA? Lakers I would guess.How about football? NY Giants maybe? Packers? hmmm. Wonder why the "media" isnt to blame there. Oh right, you dont blame anyone for winning.
Yes, Yankees. Red Sox second. NBA would be the Knicks probably (they suck), followed by the Lakers. Football you'd have Giants and the Cowboys (both of whom have often been accused of underperforming their skill) and the Packers.
Yes, Yankees. Red Sox second. NBA would be the Knicks probably (they suck), followed by the Lakers. Football you'd have Giants and the Cowboys (both of whom have often been accused of underperforming their skill) and the Packers.
I think Id disagree with you on the Lakers/Knicks, but agree on the rest.All except the Giants+Cowboys underperforming. I think 2 Super Bowl in the last 5 years is not too bad for the NYG, and Dallas won 3 in mid 90's. Thats 5 out the last 18 winners, they cant win it every year. And Packers have 2 SB in last 15yrs.The only team in all of that list that hasnt won a championship recently are the Knicks, and they have just been mismanaged to the bottom IMO.

I think Burke's comments on the 'deadline pressure' are interesting in a couple of ways. Lets go with the reality that it's BS, and players shouldn't be affected by it. After all, I know one leaf who doesn't read the papers, doesn't watch sportsdesk, and wouldn't have a clue if his name was being mentioned. That's a simple solution to eradicate any pressure. But putting that aside, Burke's comment can be read one of two ways:1) He's airbagging: that is, he's putting the blame elsewhere, rather than on his coach and by extension, himself.2) This is a very smart move to re-motivate his players. Not the nonsense about believing they have the right group, but perhaps a well thought out statement to give his players a chance to mentally wipe the slate clean from the last two weeks, and start playing hockey again without any stigma of the losing streak hanging over them. If this was the motivation, bravo... love the play.

2) This is a very smart move to re-motivate his players. Not the nonsense about believing they have the right group, but perhaps a well thought out statement to give his players a chance to mentally wipe the slate clean from the last two weeks, and start playing hockey again without any stigma of the losing streak hanging over them. If this was the motivation, bravo... love the play.
So I was wondering about this too, and thought....is it a way to give them a chance to start anew, or will it actually put more pressure on them to win, now that the deadline is over and the excuses were for last week.I dont know, but I see your point. I guess if they win, he's a genius, and if they lose, he's an idiot the players are still bothered by the media pressure.I think they win tonight.

Obviously you guys are all smarter hockey minds than Wilson and Burke..This is why all of you are running NHL teams..Ya thats right...

Obviously you guys are all smarter hockey minds than Wilson and Burke..This is why all of you are running NHL teams..Ya thats right...
Boy, this sure seems like the trolling kind of comment I am asked not to make in the TML thread. :)Im not just running NHL teams, I run the world my friend. All of it with the push of a button.
LolYou're crack me up. You remind me of crazy political people from either side. No mind of your own, you just follow the party line no matter what. Whoever your party puts up that is your guy no matter if he sucks or not. You would never be caught saying anything negative about your party or it's candidate because again you can't think for yourself. The other night while taking a poop I started reading the TML thread from post one. You just latch on to whomever the Gm or coach is and the awesome players you had that season and spew the same old crap you do now how this current team, coach, and GM cando no wrong and you are all headed to your annual Stanley cup. I know your a great guy, great dad, good friend and all of that. But your online character you play is old. Seriously and go back and read the fellatious comments you had for pigged, Blake, bell, ferguson, etc. it's all the same posts year after year, day after day, coach after coach, gm after gm. No matter what this organization does you will support it blindly 100% and anyone who even just slightly disagrees with the organization or your support of it is stupid. Thats annoying to put it plain and simple and it is why people give you a hard time. Sorry, just bored of it all.
LolYou're crack me up. You remind me of crazy political people from either side. No mind of your own, you just follow the party line no matter what. Whoever your party puts up that is your guy no matter if he sucks or not. You would never be caught saying anything negative about your party or it's candidate because again you can't think for yourself. The other night while taking a poop I started reading the TML thread from post one. You just latch on to whomever the Gm or coach is and the awesome players you had that season and spew the same old crap you do now how this current team, coach, and GM cando no wrong and you are all headed to your annual Stanley cup. I know your a great guy, great dad, good friend and all of that. But your online character you play is old. Seriously and go back and read the fellatious comments you had for pigged, Blake, bell, ferguson, etc. it's all the same posts year after year, day after day, coach after coach, gm after gm. No matter what this organization does you will support it blindly 100% and anyone who even just slightly disagrees with the organization or your support of it is stupid. Thats annoying to put it plain and simple and it is why people give you a hard time. Sorry, just bored of it all.
Your comments are wrong...but good luck..