**the Official "toronto Maple Leafs Suck" Thread**

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got my hopes up, jerk.

Some good news from Leaf land....Carlyle has figured out how to work the toaster.

Can Kypreos be a bigger douche? just a voice for every player in negotiations.   "Dion wants 50million+ over 7yrs, and Newport Sports has the stats to prove why he deserves it" STFU

Posted Images

"fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)n.A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause."
This is correct..i never said i want one of these fanatics..I dont apologize for it.
  • 2 weeks later...
Angry NHL clubs ganging up on HNIC, CBC Look, I don't like Cherry and I think most of his points are poorly thought out and make no sense, and most are just plain wrong, but this is silly.Burke saying he's sick of being questioned? What do you expect when you run what is probably the most popular sports team in Canada and you haven't made the playoffs since you got here, in what will be your 4th season. Of course you're going to be questioned! That's part of the job.
Angry NHL clubs ganging up on HNIC, CBC Look, I don't like Cherry and I think most of his points are poorly thought out and make no sense, and most are just plain wrong, but this is silly.Burke saying he's sick of being questioned? What do you expect when you run what is probably the most popular sports team in Canada and you haven't made the playoffs since you got here, in what will be your 4th season. Of course you're going to be questioned! That's part of the job.
I think it's also Bettman which is the enemy with power.Cherry takes general shots at the NHL as a whole and Napolean Bettman doesn't like anybody that doesn't think everything he does is great.

Yeah, that's fine. Cherry is an idiot, and he does more to hurt hockey than help it, IMHO. He's a dinosaur when we need someone far more progressive to deal with head injuries and whatnot.

A pretty interesting read:Why the Toronto Maple Leafs are Bordering on Greek Tragedy...There are similarities between this Ballardian intractability and the current General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Brian Burke, who finds his team on the cusp of missing the playoffs for an incredible seventh straight season and 45 years from their last championship. Put a more diplomatic way, the differences between Ballard and Burke are differences of degrees. Both men adhere to binding principles that override all objective measures of hockey development. Both men cast themselves as defenders of the hockey faith against the inevitable dilution of the sport’s essence. And both men are responsible for some terrible hockey teams....The unique tragedy of the Toronto Maple Leafs is not that they are a mediocre team. They are not, like Columbus, Long Island, or Edmonton, in a perpetual state of rebuild, needing only to refine their development of top prospects and pair it with smart contracts given to key veterans. Watching the Leafs’ frequent pre-game ceremonies, which are arduously long and self-congratulatory, it becomes apparent that the Toronto Maple Leafs are on an island of their own making, adhering to values all their own, winning their own game but no one else’s. They are in purgatory.

A pretty interesting read:Why the Toronto Maple Leafs are Bordering on Greek Tragedy...There are similarities between this Ballardian intractability and the current General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Brian Burke, who finds his team on the cusp of missing the playoffs for an incredible seventh straight season and 45 years from their last championship. Put a more diplomatic way, the differences between Ballard and Burke are differences of degrees. Both men adhere to binding principles that override all objective measures of hockey development. Both men cast themselves as defenders of the hockey faith against the inevitable dilution of the sport’s essence. And both men are responsible for some terrible hockey teams....The unique tragedy of the Toronto Maple Leafs is not that they are a mediocre team. They are not, like Columbus, Long Island, or Edmonton, in a perpetual state of rebuild, needing only to refine their development of top prospects and pair it with smart contracts given to key veterans. Watching the Leafs’ frequent pre-game ceremonies, which are arduously long and self-congratulatory, it becomes apparent that the Toronto Maple Leafs are on an island of their own making, adhering to values all their own, winning their own game but no one else’s. They are in purgatory.
Interesting read?Its interesting if you are a 5 year old monkey

...It's probably a bit biased (given the author) and there's a few inconsistencies BUT it did give kudoes where they are owed and provides some good food for thought. And probably misses some points; like media scrutiny... and was a bit revisionist on the Kessel trade (the safe money would have been on the team improving after that trade instead of tanking -- Boston should have had some random plug instead of Seguin).Toronto in recent years has always had a very hard time attracting UFAs -- is the market, is the team culture, is team management?Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is, per Einstein, insanity. Only by identifying what's wrong can you fix it -- and I don't think they're past step 1.

• 2 weeks later...

1st Round Traded Draft Picks# 13 - Washington receives Colorado's 2012 1st round pick and a 2012 or 2013 2nd round pick (Capitals choice) for Semyon Varlamov.# 16 - Columbus receives Los Angeles' 2012 1st round pick (lottery protected in 2012. If the Kings miss the playoffs, Columbus decides if they want to use the pick 2012 or 2013 ) and Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter.# 24 - Tampa Bay receives Detroit's 2012 1st round pick for D Kyle Quincey. Tampa had just acquired Quincey from the Avalanche in a trade for Steve Downie.# 26 - Buffalo receives Nashville's 2012 1st round pick for Paul Gaustad and 2012 4th round pick.(selection numbers are approximate and not final, obviously)

1st Round Traded Draft Picks# 13 - Washington receives Colorado's 2012 1st round pick and a 2012 or 2013 2nd round pick (Capitals choice) for Semyon Varlamov.
I dont know why I kept thinking that Was+Col actually swapped picks for the first, instead of Washington just getting Colorado's.I loved the irony in that based on the standings too much I guess.
  • 5 weeks later...

Apparently the Sens loosing in a tight series "getting dumped" is enough to cheer up a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 7 season...CAN_TSUN.jpgSo petty... but the Sun's (Ottawa & Toronto) sports sections are only suitable for toilet paper anyways.

Apparently the Sens loosing in a tight series "getting dumped" is enough to cheer up a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 7 season...So petty... but the Sun's (Ottawa & Toronto) sports sections are only suitable for toilet paper anyways.
does the Ottawa media speak for all Sens fans? Probably not, right?Its just dumb journalism, I use that term loosely, to incite reaction.
Wow you can get an Equinox for 0% over 72 months.
HMMM Equinox..With two kids now we are probably going to bite the bullet and get a minivan..Its so not for young people but its convenient I think.With a 9 month old and his strollers, Adrian and his hockey, soccer stuff and my golf stuff..It makes sense.Really does
Get an Acadia...it's a very acceptable minivan. I love those things...can't really nail down why.
Yes they definitely are nice but a killer on gas.

Funny, I was looking for car purchases too last night. Might be going with Sonata, if I cant get a great deal on an Acura my wife likes. I want her to get the Sonata, cause its more affordable, and had a 0% financing for 84months. My friend has the Hyundai minivan, its nice, and may also have similar financing, though with the new month means new/different offers. I find Im really liking the Hyundais the last couple of years. I think the Genesis Coupe is a nice sports car thats fairly affordable.

I rented a Sonata last year when a buddy and I drove to Boston for St. Patrick's Day weekend. Could NOT have been more impressed with the vehicle, I really fell in love with it. I'm a big dude and I fit in the car extremely comfortably, I would have no trouble packing 4-5 full size adults into it with plenty of elbow room to go around. Performance-wise it actually surprised me...Hyundai discontinued their 6-cyl engines and added more power to their 4-cyl engines, and you really can't tell the difference, the car will just get up and go whenever you want and give you 35-40MPG while it's doing it. Let me put it this way, I'm a big truck and muscle car guy, and I still to this day (14 months later) strongly consider the idea of buying a Sonata because I liked it so much.

Remember the Hyundai Pony? I actually survived a major rear end collision on a street. The Pony was totalled and I walked away.

Remember the Hyundai Pony? I actually survived a major rear end collision on a street. The Pony was totalled and I walked away.
For some reason you say Hyundai Pony and I think Subaru Brat:subaru-brat-01.jpg