What Happened To Steve's Thread?

I'm choosing not to respond to any of the negative posts. But your voices have been heard.As far as being a mod goes, I will personally ask Bob to remove me from mod status.
lol @ your voices have been heard...do you try to come off like a douchebag in every post?
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you can still harmlessly flirt with me! I am so sorry I was a bitch for a while. It really was due the physical pain I was in and I really had no idea how the pain messed with my head until after the fact. But I have been all better for about a year. I know what I was going through is really no excuse but I am truly sorry for treating you or anyone else poorly.
Hey Girl! How you doin?
lol @ your voices have been heard...do you try to come off like a douchebag in every post?
I don't think that post was particularly 'douchebaggy', it may be that your animosity towards steve is now affecting your perception of his recent comments.
I have no clue what a mod can do vs what a normal person on here can do. I know that I get tons of e-mails asking to change things, delete, etc.
A normal person can edit his own posts (only) but not delete them.A normal person can't move threads or delete them or rename them.So, for instance, when you posted the hu4rolz challenge and then changed your mind, you could, as a normal user, have edited the post to say, "Nevermind. I don't want this to get out of hand." or "Hi" or whatever. I don't personally think that's all that much different. Removing the whole thread, though, is clearly a unique mod power.

The moderation options are:• Set Invisible (Unapproved Topic) - Mainly Used for Spam Threads• Move This Topic – For when someone puts and Off Topic Thread in General Poker, etc.• Close this Topic- When enough is enough, may need to be used here :ts• Delete this Topic- I usually use this when you guys get really drunk and post something that should never ever appear on the forum… I think I used it once or twice a long time ago.• Edit Topic Title- Usually done by request or If I notice a blatant spelling error• Pin This Topic- I leave this one up to Bob or Gov now.• Merge Topic- Oh my gosh, this is the toughest one to do because 50% of the time I merge them backwards of what my intent was• Unsubscribe All from topic- Never usedNow while a mod post they can also do:• Nothing• Pin this topic• Close this topic• Pin and close this topic (this is good for when you are posting rules or what the section should be used for)• Move this topic (I guess for when we accidently selected the wrong area? I don’t know, I have never used it.)When it comes to modding this forum, it is extremely easy now because of the Report function. You all seem to self moderate pretty well. 98% of all of my mod activity is setting Spam threads to invisible and preventing the spammer from posting again. I get an email when you all report the spam; I go in and take care of it. Yes, even when I go through my long periods of being quiet, I take care of the spam threads. That is why when I get PMs stating where are you my replies are that I haven’t really left, I am just incognito. ;)Oh, and I am posting all of this because if you want something done in the forum you now know what can be done. One last thing, I rarely delete ongoing threads anymore. I learned my lesson in the past (and I think the existences of this thread proves it.) When you all want to discuss something, there really is no stopping you and deleting a thread does not prevent the continuation of a discussion. :club:

The moderation options are:• Set Invisible (Unapproved Topic) - Mainly Used for Spam Threads• Move This Topic – For when someone puts and Off Topic Thread in General Poker, etc.• Close this Topic- When enough is enough, may need to be used here :ts• Delete this Topic- I usually use this when you guys get really drunk and post something that should never ever appear on the forum… I think I used it once or twice a long time ago.• Edit Topic Title- Usually done by request or If I notice a blatant spelling error• Pin This Topic- I leave this one up to Bob or Gov now.• Merge Topic- Oh my gosh, this is the toughest one to do because 50% of the time I merge them backwards of what my intent was• Unsubscribe All from topic- Never usedNow while a mod post they can also do:• Nothing• Pin this topic• Close this topic• Pin and close this topic (this is good for when you are posting rules or what the section should be used for)• Move this topic (I guess for when we accidently selected the wrong area? I don’t know, I have never used it.)When it comes to modding this forum, it is extremely easy now because of the Report function. You all seem to self moderate pretty well. 98% of all of my mod activity is setting Spam threads to invisible and preventing the spammer from posting again. I get an email when you all report the spam; I go in and take care of it. Yes, even when I go through my long periods of being quiet, I take care of the spam threads. That is why when I get PMs stating where are you my replies are that I haven’t really left, I am just incognito. ;)Oh, and I am posting all of this because if you want something done in the forum you now know what can be done. One last thing, I rarely delete ongoing threads anymore. I learned my lesson in the past (and I think the existences of this thread proves it.) When you all want to discuss something, there really is no stopping you and deleting a thread does not prevent the continuation of a discussion. :club:
you forgot the secret mod forum where you post nudes for everyone
Lol steve. You really are amusing.We'd have to meet somewhere between my small stakes and the really high i've got alot of money stakes though, because I don't like walking that much.Or maybe you could have Ted Forrest beat me up while you watch.
This is amazingly clever.I sorta feel sorry for Steve at this point. He is clearly unable or unwilling to defend himself...and instead says things like "Good Luck" which only make him come off as more arrogant, ala smasharoo. Oh well, I guess he got himself into this mess.One last thing I'd like to add. People leave this forum for more reasons than being chased away. People have different personalites and goals in life, and just like Steve, I know Hoosier wasn't all about the community thing. Pretty sure Chucksty just got bored. No idea what happened to some of the others but it's how the world works. It sucks when you lose good people at anything, but new talent rose up here. Lose a Hoosier, gain a Snamuh. We shouldn't go out of our way to kiss everyone's ass that plays above a certain limit just to coddle their sensitive feelings and pray they continue posting here. Anyone with a lot of posts, regardless of the stakes they play, has gotten sick of this place at one point or another. Some choose never to keep posting here, others keep coming back.Look at how many times RDog has gotten into it with someone. What if, one of those times, he said "Ya know what, I don't need to deal with this, later". Or just pulled a Hoosier and left without saying a word. Who would be to blame for that? The person that got into it with him? The whole community? But then Rdog's name would be in here as one of the people that left. It's the internet...these things are going to happen. Look at the ex_matt's of the world, he posts things solely to try to get them to happen for his own amusement. Others are too ignorant to realize what they are doing. Others notice but don't care because they don't even really play cards.Sorry that rambled and I don't really have a point, so I'm just gonna stop.
This is amazingly clever.I sorta feel sorry for Steve at this point. He is clearly unable or unwilling to defend himself...and instead says things like "Good Luck" which only make him come off as more arrogant, ala smasharoo. Oh well, I guess he got himself into this mess.One last thing I'd like to add. People leave this forum for more reasons than being chased away. People have different personalites and goals in life, and just like Steve, I know Hoosier wasn't all about the community thing. Pretty sure Chucksty just got bored. No idea what happened to some of the others but it's how the world works. It sucks when you lose good people at anything, but new talent rose up here. Lose a Hoosier, gain a Snamuh. We shouldn't go out of our way to kiss everyone's ass that plays above a certain limit just to coddle their sensitive feelings and pray they continue posting here. Anyone with a lot of posts, regardless of the stakes they play, has gotten sick of this place at one point or another. Some choose never to keep posting here, others keep coming back.Look at how many times RDog has gotten into it with someone. What if, one of those times, he said "Ya know what, I don't need to deal with this, later". Or just pulled a Hoosier and left without saying a word. Who would be to blame for that? The person that got into it with him? The whole community? But then Rdog's name would be in here as one of the people that left. It's the internet...these things are going to happen. Look at the ex_matt's of the world, he posts things solely to try to get them to happen for his own amusement. Others are too ignorant to realize what they are doing. Others notice but don't care because they don't even really play cards.Sorry that rambled and I don't really have a point, so I'm just gonna stop.
Well, duh. :club:
A normal person can edit his own posts (only) but not delete them.A normal person can't move threads or delete them or rename them.So, for instance, when you posted the hu4rolz challenge and then changed your mind, you could, as a normal user, have edited the post to say, "Nevermind. I don't want this to get out of hand." or "Hi" or whatever. I don't personally think that's all that much different. Removing the whole thread, though, is clearly a unique mod power.
Does this mean that all those Chrozzo posts are edited and I am missing some super secret content from him?

"I’ve got high standards when it comes to boys. As my dad says, all girls should! I’m from the South–Tennessee, to be exact–and down there, we’re all about southern hospitality. I know that if I like a guy, he better be nice, and above all, my dad has to approve of him!" — Miley Cyrus

Or maybe you could have Ted Forrest beat me up while you watch.
What about Oppenheim? He's kinda scary.
Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot.I really think that in light of these events we need to take away Steve's mod privileges. Anybody who says things on here, then uses mod privileges to try to delete or hide those shouldn't be allowed those privileges anymore. Not sure how many agree with me, but that's my feeling on it.
I'd nominate me to fill the position.
"I’ve got high standards when it comes to boys. As my dad says, all girls should! I’m from the South–Tennessee, to be exact–and down there, we’re all about southern hospitality. I know that if I like a guy, he better be nice, and above all, my dad has to approve of him! and oh yeah, check out my ass!!! my dad says it's the best!— Miley Cyrus
fyp

This whole thing is a bit ridiculous to me. I saw Poto's post right before I went to bed thinking this was just some nutbag who decided to fly off the handle on Steve. (And in the original thread, I saw no reason for people to jump all over him)I don't know why Steve causes so much drama, it's really remarkable or Rylandesque, if you will. That being said, I don't know Steve very well at all but I'm not going to attack him or defend him. GL to both sides!

This.Are you trying to "give back to FCP" or are you opening a business?Are you posting a video about the Larry game because you think we are going to be interested or because you are in it?Are you trying to tell stories of Ted Forrest for our satisfaction or your own?Are you telling past students they are doing well puclically because you are being encouraging or because you are trying to sell more schooling?Say what you mean, that's all. It's pretty insulting to our intelligence and gets old fairly quickly.
yep.
Thanks for all the suggestions.Good Luck.
typical steve response. Obv. saying the opposite of what he means smasharoo style.
Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot.I really think that in light of these events we need to take away Steve's mod privileges. Anybody who says things on here, then uses mod privileges to try to delete or hide those shouldn't be allowed those privileges anymore. Not sure how many agree with me, but that's my feeling on it.
agreed. Steve basically has had a licence to spam.
I think that as well, especially after the HU challenge and "lets talk about it outside" bs. I have no opinion on his program or it's value, but I've wondered about a mod being able to peddle their wares here. Just seemed to me like a mod should be above that. But what do I know?
i concur.