What Happened To Steve's Thread?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess everyones conversation wasn't worth enough to keep it. I think it's funny how he tries to look likes he's intestested in everyone else but when it comes down to it, his posts/decisions on here are almost always for self satisfaction

He is a mod so I'm sure he deleted it himself.He had already tried to delete his HU4ROLLZ post but since a few people quoted it that was a futile effort.
That is funny, I ws trying to find where he posted that HU4ROLLZ post within the thread and then in other posts as well.Where do you get these mod powers that you all speak of?
Fell asleep last night when it was getting good...so I got up this morning, popped some corn, fired up the Internet and was sorely disappointed.
That is funny, I ws trying to find where he posted that HU4ROLLZ post within the thread and then in other posts as well.Where do you get these mod powers that you all speak of?
Did these exact two things. I wish I wasn't as tired as I was

I was sleeping last night and didn't see all the drama and didn't notice that the thread had been deleted.I've moved the thread back to Gen Poker so that people can read it but closed it since keeping it open won't really serve any purpose.

I guess everyones conversation wasn't worth enough to keep it. I think it's funny how he tries to look likes he's intestested in everyone else but when it comes down to it, his posts/decisions on here are almost always for self satisfaction
He 100% comes off this way on here in my opinion. However, there are tons of people that I respect a TON that constantly say differently so I think that has to be taken into consideration.

Just read it all. A+ drama-fest at 3-4am. I will hold my comments to myself since I know nothing of Steve and his antics, and have nothing to add to the discussion whatsoever. Well, I will say one thing. Looshle owns.

Its not reasonable that the thread was closed but fair play to Bob for at least putting it back up to see.I'm glad Loosh said it up, he is in the small minority of people who could voice this opinion about Steve without half the forum going crazy flaming him. His coherent opinion anyway, everyone should flame poto.I'd say 90% of the people noticed the "my s7s guys" comment, even though it might not have been the main problem, just the final straw. And loosh was one of the only people whos rant would be listened to and not blindly attacked.Cliff Notes: I approve.Except for JC leaving, I thought he was becoming a regular challenge head.

I'm so happy that a respected member like you trashed the crap out of steve. That post you made in his thread was so true and epic. I'm sure you are not in the minority.

Just read through all of that. I kinda understand where Looshle is coming from. Don't totally agree with him, but I get it. Poto strikes me as just nuts and I don't understand his hatred for Steve at all. Sucks that JC is leaving now too. This place has lost too many good players/posters.

Yeah, I wasn't around when this stuff was happening live, but reading through it, I really understand why people got pissed off over Steve's comment to mbreon's post.By saying "All you S7S students seem to be playing higher, why is that???" is basically patting himself on the back and giving himself a reach around for his teaching program. From my perspective, he sets up the thread as a "way to get in touch with the FCP Community". Then he knows that inevitably his students that are now playing higher stakes will post in the thread, and he can show off his success as a teacher by pointing out examples of guys that are now playing higher stakes.There are still some S7S students that for one reason or another are still basically playing the same games that they played before they went through his training. I said it probably a year ago in one of Steve's threads, that my problem with the way he carries himself here is that everything he does seems like the work of a used car salesman. It's all done in this kind of shifty manner, from not being very up front with the cost of training (especially in the early days when some of us hadn't really heard of poker training through forums, and assumed it was free because it was quoted as "a service to the FCP Community, and my way to give something back", to his attempts at advertising his program without necessarily just being up front and saying that it works, you can see the success of some of my students.I've never met Steve, and there is only so much you can tell about somebody from these forums. He may be a great guy, and I know a lot of his students have said this about him, I simply don't much care for the way he handles business on these forums. I don't really want to get swept up in a bunch of e-drama, so I'm going to try to keep it to a minimum, but I felt like I needed to backup Looshle as somebody who shares similar thoughts on this matter.

tbh, I really dont think Steve is intentionally trying to come off as a cocky or arrogant. Sure some of his posts come off that way but even though I've never met him, I absolutely believe him to be a genuine person just trying to "fit into" fcp a little bit more.Looshle's post, although it has some merit i guess, seems to be way off in some other areas especially steve's recent "Day in the life of" threads. He asked fcp if we would like to see a couple of those threads and everyone of all limits jumped at it and said "YAY please post stories of pros!!". So he did, and 99% of people who posted in those threads said "OMG TY that was awesomeeeee please do more of this Steve you're awesomee!!"Im gonna go ahead and say most of the comments left like that were lower limit players who really enjoyed hearing little tid bits about some of the good live players that Steve has become acquanited with. That same group of low limit players (which is alot of fcp) also seem to be some of the angriest when it comes to steve's training programs. I dont know if its because they are jealous that they cant ever afford it... or if they're angry because they're just angry people.Here's where I actually say something thats worth reading I guess...Everyone who hates Steve because he tends to promote his training program quite a bit is overlooking the fact that as a direct result of Steve's training program, those who have come out of it are here every day posting great pieces of strat advice, mental aspects of the game, and contributing a Huge amt. to the forum. You may not be learning from Steve directly, but I guarantee you that 100% of you have seen AND benefited from Mark's posts or Snamuh's or Checky's or a dozen other guy's that Im just blanking on right now. I know fcp is mostly low limit players and everything... but it reallly doesnt give you guys the right to try and drive off players who play "BIGGER" just because they might sound a little arrogant at times. Get over it, 50% of poker players are douchebags.. at least online.. and thats not gonna change... just deal with it and try and learn something from them so you start winning moneys.

Yeah, I wasn't around when this stuff was happening live, but reading through it, I really understand why people got pissed off over Steve's comment to mbreon's post.By saying "All you S7S students seem to be playing higher, why is that???" is basically patting himself on the back and giving himself a reach around for his teaching program. From my perspective, he sets up the thread as a "way to get in touch with the FCP Community". Then he knows that inevitably his students that are now playing higher stakes will post in the thread, and he can show off his success as a teacher by pointing out examples of guys that are now playing higher stakes.There are still some S7S students that for one reason or another are still basically playing the same games that they played before they went through his training. I said it probably a year ago in one of Steve's threads, that my problem with the way he carries himself here is that everything he does seems like the work of a used car salesman. It's all done in this kind of shifty manner, from not being very up front with the cost of training (especially in the early days when some of us hadn't really heard of poker training through forums, and assumed it was free because it was quoted as "a service to the FCP Community, and my way to give something back", to his attempts at advertising his program without necessarily just being up front and saying that it works, you can see the success of some of my students.I've never met Steve, and there is only so much you can tell about somebody from these forums. He may be a great guy, and I know a lot of his students have said this about him, I simply don't much care for the way he handles business on these forums. I don't really want to get swept up in a bunch of e-drama, so I'm going to try to keep it to a minimum, but I felt like I needed to backup Looshle as somebody who shares similar thoughts on this matter.
QFTakaI can't put my thoughts into words as accurately as I wish, but your post pretty much sums up my thoughts.
tbh, I really dont think Steve is intentionally trying to come off as a cocky or arrogant. Sure some of his posts come off that way but even though I've never met him, I absolutely believe him to be a genuine person just trying to "fit into" fcp a little bit more.Looshle's post, although it has some merit i guess, seems to be way off in some other areas especially steve's recent "Day in the life of" threads. He asked fcp if we would like to see a couple of those threads and everyone of all limits jumped at it and said "YAY please post stories of pros!!". So he did, and 99% of people who posted in those threads said "OMG TY that was awesomeeeee please do more of this Steve you're awesomee!!"Im gonna go ahead and say most of the comments left like that were lower limit players who really enjoyed hearing little tid bits about some of the good live players that Steve has become acquanited with. That same group of low limit players (which is alot of fcp) also seem to be some of the angriest when it comes to steve's training programs. I dont know if its because they are jealous that they cant ever afford it... or if they're angry because they're just angry people.Here's where I actually say something thats worth reading I guess...Everyone who hates Steve because he tends to promote his training program quite a bit is overlooking the fact that as a direct result of Steve's training program, those who have come out of it are here every day posting great pieces of strat advice, mental aspects of the game, and contributing a Huge amt. to the forum. You may not be learning from Steve directly, but I guarantee you that 100% of you have seen AND benefited from Mark's posts or Snamuh's or Checky's or a dozen other guy's that Im just blanking on right now. I know fcp is mostly low limit players and everything... but it reallly doesnt give you guys the right to try and drive off players who play "BIGGER" just because they might sound a little arrogant at times. Get over it, 50% of poker players are douchebags.. at least online.. and thats not gonna change... just deal with it and try and learn something from them so you start winning moneys.
I think that your post makes the huge logical error of assuming that Going through Steve's program >>>>>> Quality posting. There are also plenty of people who have been moving up through limits on here, making quality posts and being good members of the community without going through the program. I understand that there are visible members of this community that went through the program, but not all members of the program do, and the two may be correlated, but I think to say that there is an absolute cause & effect relationship is wrong.

I think most people who are going to go through a course that costs a decent amount of money are people who are dedicated to making themselves a winning player so most will end up succeeding anyways.Also vlaxter you honestly think he genuinely cares what most of the small stakes players are currently playing? "What's with all these s7s people playing so big?"

Vtlax I think you missed the point. And no idea what the constant referal to "low stake players" who can't afford it was about.That part was pretty funny Loosh zimm and plenty other know successful players are saying it, apparently his friends said it to loosh.Anyway back to the point that you missed, wasn't that he blags his training site. Noone really minds it too much, its the alleged phony comments like "i do it to give back to the community" and the "money isn't important", the not being up front and honest, etc etc read the other postsNot sure why you think small stake players are going crazy about him posting his training threads.edit: for the record I wrote this right after you posted it, but im playing monopoly and poker