Hey all and most importantly Daniel. I apologize for my tone in my original post. I am sorry. Christmas is not a happy time for me due to some recent tragadies in my life. DN, there is a reason that I have followed your blog for all these years, and that is because I have looked up to you not only because of your game, but also for your personal growth. Thanks very much for sharing all of this. My life has paralelled yours in so many ways on the personal level, and I guess I just got a little lost in all of that. And, believe it or not when my friends and family ask me who I believe is the best player in the world is, I always tell them that DN is. I took out my own frustrations on you and again I apologize. Anyhow, I will work on getting a life and will still read your blog.Sincerely,Griffish

Why thank you lol.
I do agree with the original poster. However, while Daniel might not care, each and every day during work, or in the evening, we all look for something new posted. We do this because we enjoy an insight into a life many of us will never experience. It is his choice to stop writing and blogging as much, and it is our choice to delete the favorite link we all have in our browsers. I didn't like the tone as well, and after many years of checking dailey, it's time to delete that favorite. Take care and god bless. If I could, I would delete my account as there is no point to have it any more.
Why thank you lol.
The other day a poker friend of mine gave me a copy of the Xbox version of Stacked. There are some things I can NEVER forgive, and to be honest, that is one of them. How much integrity can a person have who constantly chatted up this game coming out. How it was the next big thing, and it was so great. I didn't do a search, but I certainly didn't hear many apologies for it, and I don't remember seeing it in the main blog. Maybe I am wrong, but for as much open insight into his life as he gave, it just seemed at times he was "selling" some things. I know financially it isn't a big deal to him, it is just disappointing. In no way do I want to disrespect anything he has done because BY FAR he has been the best to everyone in all that he has done for everyone. I guess... its just very disappointing as his last blog post at least for me, made me turn to my girlfriend and say, "well so much for following him"Respectfully, and I do wish you the best
Hey all and most importantly Daniel. I apologize for my tone in my original post. I am sorry. Christmas is not a happy time for me due to some recent tragadies in my life. DN, there is a reason that I have followed your blog for all these years, and that is because I have looked up to you not only because of your game, but also for your personal growth. Thanks very much for sharing all of this. My life has paralelled yours in so many ways on the personal level, and I guess I just got a little lost in all of that. And, believe it or not when my friends and family ask me who I believe is the best player in the world is, I always tell them that DN is. I took out my own frustrations on you and again I apologize. Anyhow, I will work on getting a life and will still read your blog.Sincerely,Griffish
DITTO

Took me a while to respond to this thread because we've had extended family here all week and I wanted a chance to really mull over all that had been said previously. I think it has probably taken everyone here a while to get over having a kind of crush on Daniel (even a man-crush,lol) and realize that he's a human being with faults and imperfections just like the rest of us. It's like dating and then you get married and suddenly discover the love of your life leaves the toilet seat up, refuses to empty the garbage and eats in bed leaving crumbs in the sheets. It's a revelation that has to come as a disappointment and it's a necessity to actually building a relationship based on reality. And being as how there are so many assholes in this game when a nice guy comes along it's natural for his fans to put him up on a pedestal and create a persona for him that he can't possibly live up to. And there are always going to be those fans who when they discover a human being under that idol they've built up in their imaginations will leave and go on to someone else they can idolize. The ones that matter are the ones that stick around afterwards. They're the same ones that stick around after the party for the clean up. I came here as a fan of Daniel's because I liked watching him on TV etc. I stayed because of not only him but also because of the other interesting characters I've met here along the way. While I may not agree with them politically, I consider them good acquaintances if not friends (just because we're never likely to meet). It's a great community, kind of like a family with all the relatives that you argue with every holiday,lol. And I accept them and Daniel as they are even when they're wrong (in LMD's & Cop's case most of the time :club:).