Biatch's Betting Thread

I don't want to clog up the Sports Gambling 101 Thread with my bets but I thought I'd be nice to see what I can turn my $40 into. I don't really understand the whole unit thing still, so I'll just post how much I bet on each one. I'm using the contrarian idea, which I don't really want to explain, it's in the Sports Gambling 101 Thread, it's not my idea. It's Wangs. I just think it makes all the sense in the world. My favourite sport is basketball. Although I'm a huge fantasy hockey nut. I'm willing to just bet on whatever is on TV so I can watch it. Anyways I got off to a tremendous start. First I saw the Laker's were -2 against the Celtics, and that 77% of the public were backing the Celtics. So I went with Lakers. Also of the 5 NBA games today, the over was being pounded on this game, so I took the under. My bets were$15 on Lakers (-2) at 1.935 [WIN]$5 on Over (200.5) Lakers/Celtics at 1.943 [WIN]Pays out $14.02 and $4.72.I know I shouldn't be betting half my bankroll, I'm stupid. I'll smarten up in the future, but I just thought the Lakers were such a good spot. The Cavs were getting a lot of action from what I saw, so I'm taking the Wiz. $5 on Wizards (+15.5) at 1.952 Let's go Wizards!!! Boooo Lebron, lol.

Ugh, I'm never making a bet that early again. The consensus now seems to be for Nuggets, not feeling good about that now, lol. Game starts at 9.I'm betting on the Boston Celtics game vs the Golden State Warriors. The spread started at 10.5 (Boston), and the consensus is 87% right now! The line hasn't moved all day though, it moved to 10.0 on a few sites, but for a majority it stayed at 10.5. So the bookies must have a lot of faithin GS. I'm going to put my faith in them and put it on GS Warriors. $10 on Golden State (+10.5) at 2.000I might be betting on one of the 10 o clock NHL Starts too, stay tuned.

Ahhh Andre Miller almost screwed me with the technical at the end. But Denver only won by 4, so I win!$10 bet on Phi (+6.5) pays $9.71I know it's not a lot of money, but it's better then losing, lol.Golden State down by 11 at half time though. Need them to start trying more. Ugh, betting against Boston, lol.

I win again, ah this is the craziest thing ever. Steven Jackson and Marinelli are insane. $10 Golden State (+10.5) at 2.000 to win $10. I wish I bet the money line, ahhh it was like 5.988. I'm going to start maybe doing half a unit on the ML, does anybody have any opinions on betting the money line and the spread together? Is it a bad idea? Early looks on tommorow are the NBA games at night of course, going to have to do a little research on that. But I may the Florida St./Wisconsin College Football game. The public is getting very heavy on Florida St. I'm going to wait to see how the line moves though. Stay tuned. Stats after Day 2Starting Bankroll: $40.00Current Bankroll: $83.21Net for the Day: +$19.71MoneyLine: 0-0Point Spread: 4-0Over/Under: 1-0Overall Betting Record: 5-0

Trying my luck on some college football today. Maybe some NBA and NHL later tonight. The public is pounding the over in the West Virginia/North Carolina game. The line seems to be moving in a direction to encourage the under though, so although the over is being pounded, I don't really want to touch that line. It seems like it's still about 50/50 on the over/under, and the bookies are just trying to get even action to get money on the juice. I wasn't going to touch the point spread on the game originally, because the line was moving in favour of West Virginia. The public was heavy on West Virginia, my main thinking is just because Pat White is getting a lot of media attention due to his last college game. The public is 66% in favour of West Viriginia right now over NC, not huge but enough. Any the line just moved from -2.5 to -2.0. Not really liking it, so I'm making a very small bet on it. I'm deciding to bet the money line too, since it's a spread of 2.5 points. If it was 3.5, I likely would have bet on the spread. Not a huge bet though, crossed fingers. $5 bet on North Carolina on MoneyLine (2.180) to win $5.90. The Wisconsin/Florida St. Game too has the public absolutely pounding the Seminoles (77% to 23%). The line seems to be moving to encourage betting on the Badgers, so not huge on this bet. Although it did move a little bit to favour the Seminoles. Not huge on it, to see how it'll last. Not really huge on parlays, because they're usually sucker bets, but I'll ride my hot streak. A small bet, but betting on the money line. 2 team-parlay. $5 bet on:NC MoneyLine (2.150)Wisconsin MoneyLine (2.930)pays: $26.50Good Luck Everyone on your bets today!

LOL, first loss. I should have stuck to the spread instead of betting the money line, lol. They lost by 1. Lost both bets. Only lost $10 on the two bets though, so not a huge deal, although it does suck. I still feel strongly that Wisconsin will cover the spread against Florida St. Not going to bet the money line, lol. The public is still hitting the Seminoles hard, so I have a feeling Wisconsin will pull it out. $10 Wisconsin (+7.0) over Florida St. at 1.935.There are no NBA Games I see that the bookies are really choosing a side. There are a bunch the public are hitting, but the bookies seem to be moving the line to get 50/50 action. I'm going to start hitting the NHL Games tonight too. One I feel so/so about, the other I feel really strongly about. $5 NYI to beat Buffalo (ML) at 3.150$15 CLS to beat Philadelphia (ML) at 2.040The public is leaning hard towards Philadelphia, 72% I last checked, the the bookies are giving better odds to encourage more bets on Philly. So I feel like Columbus must be a lock. Here's to hoping I can turn around from my first losses. Going to take a look at a bunch of the NFL games later tonight.

Ugh on tilt after the Wisconsin game. Still have my NHL bets pending. $5 NYI to beat Buffalo (ML) at 3.150$15 CLS to beat Philadelphia (ML) at 2.040$5 parlayNYI to win (moneyline)CLS to win (moneyline)pays $25.50I know I really shouldn't do it. But the public is favouring Portland a lot, and the spread is decreasing to encourage action on the Trail Blazers. So I'm betting the rest of my roll. NBA, BasketballToronto Raptors 27-December-2008 7:05 PM PSTSpread +8 for Game 1.935Risking 18.00 to Win 16.82 CADSelection 2:NBA, BasketballToronto Raptors 27-December-2008 7:05 PM PSTMoney Line for Game 4.350Risking 10.21 to Win 34.20 CAD

Almost pulled it out in the NYI game. Down 2 goals and they come back late in the third. But then lose in shoot-out :(Oh well, I bet $15 on the Columbus upset and it happened! So total in the account is $30.60.I also forgot I put a $10 wager on the Browns tommorow on the spread (+10.5) against the Steelers. It's the only football bet I'll be placing as I likely won't be near a computer tommorow.