What Would It Take For You To Bet Your Life?

I was thinking of outlandish situations in poker and I came up with this one.You are playing heads up with a millionaire donk. You are only playing with fake money because you are broke as always.You have AsAcYou raise the big blind and are called.Flop comes AdAh6cThe donk flips over his cards and shows KhQh. He then pulls out a million dollars out of his deep cargo pants pockets and bets it. He offers you this deal: You can either match the bet with real money (which you don't have and can't get) or he will accept your life as collateral.So what do you do? Do you risk your life for a million dollars? Or do you walk away from the game broke as before?I've spent way too long thinking about it and I've decided I wouldn't risk it.After you answer that question, discuss how much odds you would need to risk your life for money. We risk our lives every time we go out the door unwillingly. And sometimes we risk our lives willing like in skydiving.So how much money and/or odds will it take?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of outlandish situations in poker and I came up with this one.You are playing heads up with a millionaire donk. You are only playing with fake money because you are broke as always.You have AsAcYou raise the big blind and are called.Flop comes AdAh6cThe donk flips over his cards and shows KhQh. He then pulls out a million dollars out of his deep cargo pants pockets and bets it. He offers you this deal: You can either match the bet with real money (which you don't have and can't get) or he will accept your life as collateral.So what do you do? Do you risk your life for a million dollars? Or do you walk away from the game broke as before?I've spent way too long thinking about it and I've decided I wouldn't risk it.After you answer that question, discuss how much odds you would need to risk your life for money. We risk our lives every time we go out the door unwillingly. And sometimes we risk our lives willing like in skydiving.So how much money and/or odds will it take?
Really?
I would accept that deal in a heartbeat, but why would the guy want to kill me?
No, I just wish I knew what he was like before I started playing poker with him. But hey if I'm dead and that's what he's into, then by all means go for it!
loooooooooool

$10 mill I'd go formy chances of dying in the next decade are probably 1k-1, anyway, between fluke diseases and gruesome accidents. And I certainly don't get put on easy street when life does hit me with the runner royal. edit: Actually 1k-1 is way too high. I'm probably like 70-1 to die in the next year alone. I take the mil bet.

I'd probably do it for $10 million, not $1 million.$10 million you'd never have to work again, these days $ 1 mill is mehThe deck is pprobably rigged anyway
LOL funny responses everyone.But yah, you thought of something I didn't. If that situation ever came up, the deck is surely rigged. You are right.
I'd probably do it for $10 million, not $1 million.$10 million you'd never have to work again, these days $ 1 mill is mehThe deck is pprobably rigged anyway
10 million is not enough nowadays. I'd be spending 5-8 mill on my beach house in malibu alone. I think you'd need several hundred million.
You people are too greedy. I mean I was thinking how little I'd actually do it for. I think I'd go as low as 200k, or even let him talk me down to 150k. Life's too short to not risk your life for small amounts of money.
if u're making 100k a year, there's no way u'd take that bet

i'd think of a way to negotiate it higher. then, just as i figure out how i can get it to at least $5mil, teal would shout out, 'DONE!" and i'd be left looking somewhat horrified as they started dealing.

Say he's the Joker or something.He says he's going to kill a hundred kids if you do nothing. If you win, he'll set them free and jump off a building himself. If you lose, he kills you and the hundred kids. Do you take the bet as posed? How about a 50:50?You could easily save a 100 hundred lives with immunizations and clean water and whatnot for $1 million. Maybe you'd really just buy a lot of shoes, but it's something to consider.

if u're making 100k a year, there's no way u'd take that bet
I think if I had a lot (family, a house, and a steady source of income) then for sure I don't risk it for any amount. But as it is, I'm single, with no house, and not a ton of money, and 200k would go a long ways in my life. And if I happen to get crushed on a 2000-1 shot and lose my life, no big deal.
I think if I had a lot (family, a house, and a steady source of income) then for sure I don't risk it for any amount. But as it is, I'm single, with no house, and not a ton of money, and 200k would go a long ways in my life. And if I happen to get crushed on a 2000-1 shot and lose my life, no big deal.
I think you're worth more, tbh. I mean, I'd pay at least half a mil to have sex with your dead body.