I agree, we should have shoved and not flatcalled. I thought you were saying we should have folded.

I agree, we should have shoved and not flatcalled. I thought you were saying we should have folded.
I can see it both ways. We are ahead of the shover's range, but if one of the big stacks behind us has a premium hand do we not want to give ourselves a chance to decide whether it's worth all of our chips? I think if we had a bit less it would be a clear shove, and a bit more would be a better situation to just smooth call. I am torn with these stacks.
plz iso shove
I can see it both ways. We are ahead of the shover's range, but if one of the big stacks behind us has a premium hand do we not want to give ourselves a chance to decide whether it's worth all of our chips? I think if we had a bit less it would be a clear shove, and a bit more would be a better situation to just smooth call. I am torn with these stacks.
I don't think we can fold to another stack shoving here, we've committed waaaaaaay too much to fold. Best play here is to shove. If a player behind us wakes up with AA or KK, oh well, nothing you can do about it.
I'm going to agree with Slacker here. I think the call gives us opportunity to fold should we get re-raised all in. But then again i've always been quite keen on Phil Hellmuth's strategy of trying to get as much chips behind you as possible to give you a chance to come back.It is stuck right in the middle of sure-fire decisions so I'm torn also. I think that the call worked out exactly how I'd want it to though. A re-raiser all in, fold. Everyone folds and the best PF hand holds up we still have chips even though we've lost 33% of our stack. Not a disaster, quick double up and were right back in it with some of the bigger stacks. Keep in mind that our remaining stack still represents quite a large proportion of others stack so if we push with our remaining 9000 or so it's still a tough decision and we have Fold Equity.
I don't think we can fold to another stack shoving here, we've committed waaaaaaay too much to fold. Best play here is to shove. If a player behind us wakes up with AA or KK, oh well, nothing you can do about it.
Don't forget AK, which is a much more common hand and also has us crushed.