Pope Benedict Xvi

Yeah, cuz nothing says heterosexuality like wearing flowing robes, frilly hats, incredibly elaborate and fully coordinated costumes, and practicing celibacy. Those Catholics sure have their heads on straight!

This pope is easily the best of my lifetime. He is extremely conservative and from where I'm sitting, as a non-Catholic, I love him.

When I was younger, 11 or 12 maybe, I cant remember exactly, the Pope was in St. Louis and my Mom pulled me out of school to go and see him. We waited in pretty cold weather for 3 or 4 hours and that motherfucker drove by at 45 miles an hour. He was a god damn blur. Everyone yelled and waved liked sheep. It was a fucking joke.

So, it sounds like the Pope believes that if everyone thinks its "ok", then everybody would just be gay (i.e. if god told him it was ok then he could come out of the closet).

• 1 month later...
This pope is easily the best of my lifetime. He is extremely conservative and from where I'm sitting, as a non-Catholic, I love him.
Dude, John Paul II was awesome. I know you aren't Caholic, but if you can get your hands on anything he has written, I think you will agree with me. "Theology of the body" would be a good thing to readto start. This new one is good too, but JPII will be hard to beat. If you are blaming him for the child molestation scandal you shouldn't be. The Church in the USA was very dysfuncitonal and JP was not kept informed. He wasn't given information and was at times given misinformation. He made changes in channels of communication and updated the vatican. The Church in the USA is on the verge of an upswing which should be continued by Benedict. Just my 2 cents.
Dude, John Paul II was awesome. I know you aren't Caholic, but if you can get your hands on anything he has written, I think you will agree with me. "Theology of the body" would be a good thing to readto start. This new one is good too, but JPII will be hard to beat. If you are blaming him for the child molestation scandal you shouldn't be. The Church in the USA was very dysfuncitonal and JP was not kept informed. He wasn't given information and was at times given misinformation. He made changes in channels of communication and updated the vatican. The Church in the USA is on the verge of an upswing which should be continued by Benedict. Just my 2 cents.
I won't agree with you. John Paul II was way too liberal for my tastes, and I never said John Paul II had anything to do with kid rape.
I won't agree with you. John Paul II was way too liberal for my tastes, and I never said John Paul II had anything to do with kid rape.
I know you didn't say he had anything to do with kid rape, but I didn't understand how you can call JPII liberal. How do you mean? Certainly not in the sense of how the anglican church, and some protastant denominations have become liberal. Would be interested to hear your reasoning.