Is it bad that I seem to lack confidence with this hand? Just never seem to know if I'm playing it right. S'pose that'll happen a lot as a novice.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 ($5.70)CO ($6.85)Button ($14.35)SB ($1.90)Hero (BB) ($13.60)UTG ($1.60)UTG+1 ($6.35)MP1 ($5.40)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kspade.gif, Aspade.gif2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, MP1 calls $0.35Flop: ($0.95) Aclub.gif, 10club.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75Turn: ($2.45) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.60, MP1 calls $1.60River: ($5.65) Qheart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $2.60, MP1 calls $2.60 (All-In)Total pot: $10.85 | Rake: $1.05Villain is 45/2/1.2 over 50, I have notes :limp/fold in ep to 4bb pfr from bb; minraise JJ pf, bets pot on 82Q flop IP, bets river 6I was most unsure of the turn. I think I was too scared that he was on the flush draw, so the bet was a bit small. However, I don't think I was getting his stack in on the turn, and I was allowed to do that pretty easily on the river because he was short.

I would have bet pot on the flop to scare off the flush draw, other than that what could he have A with a lower kicker and lucked out with 2 pair? Someone that loose could have anything, more reason to bet the flop more to define the hand.

I check the turn and go from there, if he bets i would probably call and then fold the river, i 100% wouldn't put him in on the river, I mean the one hand you are beating is AJ.
Just wondering why you would call a turn bet and fold the river. What river card are we hoping for? Or are you hoping villian checks the river down?

Do you have any notes on how liberally he calls post flop? I think that is a relatively large deciding factor on turn and river play. Against opponents who will float the flop liberally (with hands like 8x, Tx, Ax, gutters, flush draws and pocket pairs) I fire the turn and river for value since their ranges are weighted more towards weaker hands that we can get value from. This is especially true if you know they will stack off with any pair. Against villains whose ranges are weighted more towards stronger hands it's better to check the turn and attempt to keep the pot more manageable on the river.

Is it bad that I seem to lack confidence with this hand? Just never seem to know if I'm playing it right. S'pose that'll happen a lot as a novice.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 ($5.70)CO ($6.85)Button ($14.35)SB ($1.90)Hero (BB) ($13.60)UTG ($1.60)UTG+1 ($6.35)MP1 ($5.40)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kspade.gif, Aspade.gif2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, MP1 calls $0.35Flop: ($0.95) Aclub.gif, 10club.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75
NM