This Is What Poker Has Come To

PokerStars Game #23020153907: Tournament #126526009, $300+$20 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2008/12/17 23:39:37 ETTable '126526009 104' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: jalman69 (7325 in chips) Seat 2: ASPoker8 (6750 in chips) Seat 3: Numie2 (10435 in chips) Seat 4: 0ccamzRaz3r (15927 in chips) Seat 5: michsandjr (20264 in chips) Seat 6: Thorbarden (10682 in chips) Seat 7: texasblake (14489 in chips) Seat 8: hookembaby83 (4512 in chips) Seat 9: WhatArunAA (5290 in chips) jalman69: posts the ante 25ASPoker8: posts the ante 25Numie2: posts the ante 250ccamzRaz3r: posts the ante 25michsandjr: posts the ante 25Thorbarden: posts the ante 25texasblake: posts the ante 25hookembaby83: posts the ante 25WhatArunAA: posts the ante 25WhatArunAA: posts small blind 150jalman69: posts big blind 300*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to WhatArunAA [Ad 7h]ASPoker8: folds Numie2: folds 0ccamzRaz3r: folds michsandjr: folds Thorbarden: folds texasblake: folds hookembaby83: raises 4187 to 4487 and is all-inWhatArunAA: raises 778 to 5265 and is all-injalman69: folds Uncalled bet (778) returned to WhatArunAA*** FLOP *** [7d Kc 3d]*** TURN *** [7d Kc 3d] [2h]*** RIVER *** [7d Kc 3d 2h] [Ts]WhatArunAA said, "binky binksworth"*** SHOW DOWN ***WhatArunAA: shows [Ad 7h] (a pair of Sevens)hookembaby83: shows [Ah 6h] (high card Ace)WhatArunAA collected 9499 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 9499 | Rake 0 Board [7d Kc 3d 2h Ts]Seat 1: jalman69 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: ASPoker8 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: Numie2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: 0ccamzRaz3r folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: michsandjr folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Thorbarden folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: texasblake folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: hookembaby83 (button) showed [Ah 6h] and lost with high card AceSeat 9: WhatArunAA (small blind) showed [Ad 7h] and won (9499) with a pair of SevensIt scares me how fast I insta reshipped A7o to a 15 bb shove, but thats seriously how it is now.. hes shoving J10+ A2+.

Gallo did that in the Neg-O tonight with A6s. Not 15bbs though, but still. He was up against 97s i think.
I guess that means that I've made some progress.All thanks to GMJ. :club:

yeh I talked to you about it... but yeh its sick how the game changes pretty drastically over the course of just a couple months... and if you are not aware of whats going on.. you're going to be exploited over and over again until you catch up with it. Belowabove's post in the pokerroad forums about how online has becomme even more of a guessing game/game of marginal edges is so incredibly true. Such a sick game we play.

So I'm too nitty? Cause every time I speculate, I get broke off with a monster.
It's not about being nitty, it's about what range of hands a shorstack is shoving with and unless you have a good read on a player, the player will be shoving a wide range that you are possibly ahead of with A7. In this case, the player is shoving from the CO (I believe), so he is shoving a wide range where WhatA has him dominated.In my hand, the shortstack shoved from an earlier position and had a much shorter stack, so my hand is usually ahead of what the player was shoving.Edit: These are only my thoughts, I could be wrong in my thought process.
anyone else makes this thread it is a failure, but since its you, great thread :club:
ya this thread is pretty obv...shouldnt be anything new TJ :)def sucks tho how much the game has changed and how much harder it has become and its just about pushing every tiny edge. gawd if i played like i do now like 2 years ago, even like 1 year ago gawdd beeeee soooo rich
ya this thread is pretty obv...shouldnt be anything new TJ :)def sucks tho how much the game has changed and how much harder it has become and its just about pushing every tiny edge. gawd if i played like i do now like 2 years ago, even like 1 year ago gawdd beeeee soooo rich
Like I mentioned in another thread....I freaking played the WPT Championship like 4 years ago!
I agree, I remember playing with Gigabet in the Main event and I was thinking to myself " why does everyone think this guy is soooo good".. him, brsavage, kwob20 are people that come to mind that beat poker when players werent very good.. I wish that I woulda started playing in 2000 and had a bankroll in 2003-2005 to play the bigger party games.. coulda retired:(
It's not about being nitty, it's about what range of hands a shorstack is shoving with and unless you have a good read on a player, the player will be shoving a wide range that you are possibly ahead of with A7. In this case, the player is shoving from the CO (I believe), so he is shoving a wide range where WhatA has him dominated.In my hand, the shortstack shoved from an earlier position and had a much shorter stack, so my hand is usually ahead of what the player was shoving.Edit: These are only my thoughts, I could be wrong in my thought process.
it was button, and he tanked for a while before he shoved... A7 plays redic well vs J10o+ A2-A10.. hes never shoving premiums like that, even though he should be.
I agree, I remember playing with Gigabet in the Main event and I was thinking to myself " why does everyone think this guy is soooo good".. him, brsavage, kwob20 are people that come to mind that beat poker when players werent very good.. I wish that I woulda started playing in 2000 and had a bankroll in 2003-2005 to play the bigger party games.. coulda retired:(
WACHOVVVVVVVVVVVVIAPETE THE BEAT!
PokerStars should change their name to AnyAceWillShoveStars.
along the same line as this, does anyone ever lay down a flush draw? regardless of the price they're getting it seems nobody ever lays down a 4 flush