Pro Bowl Snubs

As usual, the Pro Bowl is a jopke.Brett Favre? Really? Putting him in over Chad Pennington is complete horseshit. Pennington has more yards and a passer rating ten points higher. He also has the fewest INTs in the league....whereas Favre LEADS THE ****ING LEAGUE in INTs. They might as well not have this game anymore. (Not to mention Favre is working with Cotchery and Coles....Chad is working with, um, Ted Ginn and Greg Camarillo and Davone Bess. I like those guys but still.)In the interest of fairness, I will say Ronnie Brown did not deserve to make the Pro Bowl. He just doesnt carry the ball enough; Ricky gets too many carries. Slaton should have gone.

Slaton should have gone.
Slaton only started from like the 6th game of the season on, hard to justify isn't it? Even though he split carries I'd say Chris Johnson was a far bigger snub than Slaton.Some people on ESPN were saying Romo got snubbed but missing 3 games kind of kills his chances unless he played perfectly in his other games and he hasn't.
As usual, the Pro Bowl is a jopke.Brett Favre? Really? Putting him in over Chad Pennington is complete horseshit. Pennington has more yards and a passer rating ten points higher. He also has the fewest INTs in the league....whereas Favre LEADS THE ****ING LEAGUE in INTs. They might as well not have this game anymore. (Not to mention Favre is working with Cotchery and Coles....Chad is working with, um, Ted Ginn and Greg Camarillo and Davone Bess. I like those guys but still.)In the interest of fairness, I will say Ronnie Brown did not deserve to make the Pro Bowl. He just doesnt carry the ball enough; Ricky gets too many carries. Slaton should have gone.
I agree with pretty much all of that, but your first statement is the truest. Obviously we're a bit biased toward Miami, but I agree that you can make a pretty good argument for Pennington over Favre (and you can make a really good argument for Rivers over both of them). Unfortunately it's a popularity contest and Favre plays in the biggest city in the country. And Pennington doesn't even have his most reliable receiver (Camarillo) anymore. The Pro Bowl is worth about 5 minutes of debate, because really it's just stupid.
Rivers and Deangelo Williams are the two biggest snubs that I saw.
Definitely Rivers was snubbed, with Brett Favre getting a popularity vote OBV. Fan voting is a joke, coaches and players should be doing the voting. But what fun would that be for the fans? It's def. a double-edged sword.
Definitely Rivers was snubbed
I'm just curious why you guys think the guy who QB'd a team to so many close 4th quarter losses should be voted in. Granted I haven't followed them that close this year but I don't remember him playing remarkably well when I did.
I'm just curious why you guys think the guy who QB'd a team to so many close 4th quarter losses should be voted in. Granted I haven't followed them that close this year but I don't remember him playing remarkably well when I did.
Rivers has the best QB rating in the NFL, more touchdowns and yards, and less INTs. Obviously Favre's team has more wins, but that's all he leads in.
Weren't those 4th quarter losses due to the defense not being able to protect a lead?Those first two games where they lost on last second TD's, he threw for almost 600 yards, 6 TD's and 1 interception.His season totals are 3,500 yards, 28 TD's, and a 101 QB rating. That QB rating is tops in the NFL.He had a bad game against an historically good Pittsburgh defense; was that the one game you saw?edit: Dammit, rocketpoker.
Pro Bowl doesn't mean MVP, it doesn't matter how bad the team has played if you put up the numbers you should be in.
Slaton only started from like the 6th game of the season on, hard to justify isn't it? Even though he split carries I'd say Chris Johnson was a far bigger snub than Slaton.Some people on ESPN were saying Romo got snubbed but missing 3 games kind of kills his chances unless he played perfectly in his other games and he hasn't.
CJ3 is in the pro bowl. Rivers biggest snub. De'Angelo was a big one also along with Forte, but look who is there. Not really anyone that didn't deserve it there. Turner, Portis, ADP. Portis could be the one you take out, but De'Angelo made his case a little late.I'll look into this more tomorrow.
Pro Bowl doesn't mean MVP, it doesn't matter how bad the team has played if you put up the numbers you should be in.
Not everyone agrees with that, especially when it comes to QB's. They are ultimately judged on how how many wins their teams get, and Rivers team isn't even going to end up with a 500 record. And those loses are not all on the defense.
Not everyone agrees with that, especially when it comes to QB's. They are ultimately judged on how how many wins their teams get, and Rivers team isn't even going to end up with a 500 record. And those loses are not all on the defense.
OBV and all those Jets win are not on Favre. I mean by the numbers put up at the position I would have taken Pennington over Favre also as well, I mean 17 INT is just not a good year regardless of TD pass totals. I think he has like 21 TD's to 17 INT's which is not good. Pro Bowl should be for players who have good years regardless of the team's success, the team success will come into play with the POY and MVP talks.
OBV and all those Jets win are not on Favre. I mean by the numbers put up at the position I would have taken Pennington over Favre also as well, I mean 17 INT is just not a good year regardless of TD pass totals. I think he has like 21 TD's to 17 INT's which is not good. Pro Bowl should be for players who have good years regardless of the team's success, the team success will come into play with the POY and MVP talks.
I'm not making a case for Farve. But there can only be one MVP, so the pro-bowl is the next best thing. Exspecially since a lot of players have incentives tied into their contracts.Also if you look at what the Jets have done compared to the Chargers... you can see why Favre is getting the love. You can make similar cases for Kerry Collins and Matt Cassel actually. The AFC is kind of weird for QB's this year.
I'm not making a case for Farve. But there can only be one MVP, so the pro-bowl is the next best thing. Exspecially since a lot of players have incentives tied into their contracts.Also if you look at what the Jets have done compared to the Chargers... you can see why Favre is getting the love. You can make similar cases for Kerry Collins and Matt Cassel actually. The AFC is kind of weird for QB's this year.
I completely understand why Favre is getting the love over Rivers, but that doesn't mean it is correct. 3,500 YDS 28 TD 11 INT is better than 3,000 21 TD 17 INT, agreed?

As stated by Fryer earlier. Pro Bowlers regularly get the nod the year after they first deserve it (rookies and younger players), but also receive it in a year too long (Favre'ish players).

I completely understand why Favre is getting the love over Rivers, but that doesn't mean it is correct. 3,500 YDS 28 TD 11 INT is better than 3,000 21 TD 17 INT, agreed?
Statistically yes, but the QB's are the teams leaders and their fortunes rise and fall with the team more than any other position. Chargers were supposed to be title contenders, the Jets average, one exceeded expectations and one fell way flat.
Statistically yes, but the QB's are the teams leaders and their fortunes rise and fall with the team more than any other position. Chargers were supposed to be title contenders, the Jets average, one exceeded expectations and one fell way flat.
Agreed, but swap in the Dolphins instead of the Chargers into your argument.
IS the pro bowl completely decided by just fan votes or are their other factors?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_bowl
Currently, players are voted into the Pro Bowl by the coaches, the players themselves, and the fans. Each group's ballots count for one third of the votes. The fans vote online at the NFL's official site. There are also replacements that go to the game should any selected player be unable to play due to injuries. Prior to 1995, only the coaches and the players made Pro Bowl selections.

I bet you are all going to be shocked by me saying this but, JOSH CRIBBS.Not only is he one of the leagues best kick returner, punt returner, and special teams tackler, but he is also a QB, WR, and HB. AND, the Browns punter is hurt and might not play on Sunday and Josh will be the backup because he's the third string punter.So this year, Cribbs might play kick returner, punt returner, special teams tackler, QB, WR, HB, and punter. Talk about a utility man that deserves to be in Hawaii. Even you people who hate me cannot deny that Josh is an outstanding football player that deserves to be in Hawaii.

I bet you are all going to be shocked by me saying this but, JOSH CRIBBS.Not only is he one of the leagues best kick returner, punt returner, and special teams tackler, but he is also a QB, WR, and HB. AND, the Browns punter is hurt and might not play on Sunday and Josh will be the backup because he's the third string punter.So this year, Cribbs might play kick returner, punt returner, special teams tackler, QB, WR, HB, and punter. Talk about a utility man that deserves to be in Hawaii. Even you people who hate me cannot deny that Josh is an outstanding football player that deserves to be in Hawaii.
A QB? He is 0 for 2. A WR? 2 catches for 18 yardsA RB? 124 yrds total rushing 2.2 yrds/carryLets look at what he does do well.Kick Returns6th in return avg in the AFC6th in total return yards in the AFCPunt Returns9th in the AFC in avg6th in the AFC for total yardsYeah he is for sure a lock for the PB.
A QB? He is 0 for 2. A WR? 2 catches for 18 yardsA RB? 124 yrds total rushing 2.2 yrds/carryLets look at what he does do well.Kick Returns6th in return avg in the AFC6th in total return yards in the AFCPunt Returns9th in the AFC in avg6th in the AFC for total yardsYeah he is for sure a lock for the PB.
Yeah, but you totally glossed over special teams tackler and 3rd string punter.