Wpt Bellagio Day 3

I clicked on this today being 5 pages thinking there was going to be some good news about Loosh making FT or something. But unfortunately it was 3 pages of RT being a douche bag.sigh
lol. hilarious. was it douchebag of me to stimulate conversation on something i thought deserved more talk than what the handful of posters were replying with?i accept your apology.I didnt think my first post was that big of a deal until i saw some people get vehemently upset over a difference in opinion from their own. Since i thrive off that, i roll with it.then bob comes in and has to explain in detail. then respect is garnished.thank you.
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I clicked on this today being 5 pages thinking there was going to be some good news about Loosh making FT or something. But unfortunately it was 3 pages of RT being a douche bag.sigh
This.He's severely deluded.
Lol; invoking Sklansky's name doesn't really add to your case. :)GG Loosh. :club:
I was not trying to make a case, just pointing out one well respected person's thoughts on the subjects. Dis Sklansky all ya want, but did you ever read the theory of poker? One of the first books I ever read.
I was not trying to make a case, just pointing out one well respected person's thoughts on the subjects. Dis Sklansky all ya want, but did you ever read the theory of poker? One of the first books I ever read.
Your definition of respected differs from mine.
Don't confuse poker and math skills with the ability to get a free date :club:
Honestly, I'd be surprised if you could find any relevant/'worth their salt' tourney pro that would say they respect his tourney game. His tourney books were valuable way back when no one knew too much about the math of the game, but that is not the case now. His greatest contribution to poker in the last 20 years has probably been 2+2, and that has nothing to do with his participation (other than his role in different drama).
Honestly, I'd be surprised if you could find any relevant/'worth their salt' tourney pro that would say they respect his tourney game. His tourney books were valuable way back when no one knew too much about the math of the game, but that is not the case now. His greatest contribution to poker in the last 20 years has probably been 2+2, and that has nothing to do with his participation (other than his role in different drama).
I know you're primarily a tourney player, but just curious if you're saying that books like Theory of Poker were not an important contribution by Sklansky? I would include books like SSHE, but who knows how much input Sklansky actually had in that.
how are you a dodgers fan when you are from san jose, ca?
How could I not be when forced to watch a losing franchise like the SF Giants? I suppose I could have been an A's fan, but alas, I am not an AL guy.
I'm pretty sure the Giants have been much more successful in the last decade or two, but the tide is turning I must say. I think things started going downhil around the time BALCO went under. Must be a coincidence.
Well I guess his record speaks for himself. I think he is up 3 WSOP bracelets on you though.http://www.pokerpages.com/players/profiles...id-sklansky.htm
I know you're primarily a tourney player, but just curious if you're saying that books like Theory of Poker were not an important contribution by Sklansky? I would include books like SSHE, but who knows how much input Sklansky actually had in that.
I added the 20 years comment for Theory of Poker, but I was off by a few years (published in 1994 I guess? At least that's what Amazon shows).
how are you a dodgers fan when you are from san jose, ca?
I think it means that he's one of few people from Northern California that's actually OK.*I was born in L.A. and grew up a Dodger fan.* *Oh yeah, my Dad's from SF, so I don't hate all Northern Californians, just most of them.*
I added the 20 years comment for Theory of Poker, but I was off by a few years (published in 1994 I guess? At least that's what Amazon shows).
Gotcha. So, basically we're calling TOP the only respected Sklansky work and I'm pretty much okay with that. Personally, I didn't get much out of HPFAP and I'm pretty sure SSHE was mostly Ed Miller anyway.
Well I guess his record speaks for himself. I think he is up 3 WSOP bracelets on you though.http://www.pokerpages.com/players/profiles...id-sklansky.htm
Lol in '82 and '83, weren't they? That kind of falls outside of the 20 year window I gave, and I don't think I have to point out the difference in difficulty of winning a bracelet now in comparison to then.But you must be right; anyone with a bracelet is really good at tournament poker, and DS is well respected on the tournament circuit.
I think it means that he's one of few people from Northern California that's actually OK.*I was born in L.A. and grew up a Dodger fan.* *Oh yeah, my Dad's from SF, so I don't hate all Northern Californians, just most of them.*
Ah, smart man then. :club:
Lol in '82 and '83, weren't they? That kind of falls outside of the 20 year window I gave, and I don't think I have to point out the difference in difficulty of winning a bracelet now in comparison to then.But you must be right; anyone with a bracelet is really good at tournament poker, and DS is well respected on the tournament circuit.
^^^ This. And...Sklanksky's bracelet's didn't come in NL Tournaments. I'd venture to guess that there are literally scores of online players who are better (and more respected) at NL Tournaments than Sklansky.
^^^ This. And...Sklanksky's bracelet's didn't come in NL Tournaments. I'd venture to guess that there are literally scores of online players who are better (and more respected) at NL Tournaments than Sklansky.
I wouldn't be upset seeing him at my table, especially a tv final table. From what I've seen, his main goal at those is to blind off and stay on tv for as long as possible, probably for 2+2 exposure as well as feeding his ego.I respect DS's ability to make money off the game away from the poker table though.
I wouldn't be upset seeing him at my table, especially a tv final table. From what I've seen, his main goal at those is to blind off and stay on tv for as long as possible, probably for 2+2 exposure as well as feeding his ego.I respect DS's ability to make money off the game away from the poker table though.
Well if you ever make it to one, I hope he is there too. Would be fun to watch. :club:
I'm pretty sure the Giants have been much more successful in the last decade or two, but the tide is turning I must say. I think things started going downhil around the time BALCO went under. Must be a coincidence.
Very debatable considering their last few years, as well as the last two decades including a WS title in LA. Until the Giants win a title in SF, they will always be a losing franchise to me. :club: