Wpt Bellagio Day 3

That last sentence isn't true, and like me, silky, and others have said, if he WANTS to play that way fine. The issue I have is with someone justifying it as a small ball tactic or a correct play. It is neither.
Maybe what I said is a little strong, but I still think that in a $15K buy-in, there aren't many players who would be comfortable with the possibility of bubbling. That said, I'm not saying it's the correct way to play, I'm just saying that I doubt everybody would be quite so sure about going broke in that spot if they were actually in the hand. Maybe I'm wrong, hell I guess I'd probably go broke with a set of 6's in that spot.
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to The Real Deal show tonight at 10pm I went 2 weeks ago when Daniel did a show and it was pretty fun.My friend talked to Joe Sebok in the Fontana room tonight and he said he's going too. Gavin Smith and Scotty N. are the 2 players for the show.It costs $50 to go. If any other fcp'ers are in Vegas and want to meet us there it sounds like a fun time!

Going to The Real Deal show tonight at 10pm I went 2 weeks ago when Daniel did a show and it was pretty fun.My friend talked to Joe Sebok in the Fontana room tonight and he said he's going too. Gavin Smith and Scotty N. are the 2 players for the show.It costs $50 to go. If any other fcp'ers are in Vegas and want to meet us there it sounds like a fun time!
lol classic Fluff,dude, we'll read your posts now.. you made it. you're big time. your posts are worth reading. u dont need to bold them anymore.p.s. have fun.

what's the update on looshle?

Maybe what I said is a little strong, but I still think that in a $15K buy-in, there aren't many players who would be comfortable with the possibility of bubbling. That said, I'm not saying it's the correct way to play, I'm just saying that I doubt everybody would be quite so sure about going broke in that spot if they were actually in the hand. Maybe I'm wrong, hell I guess I'd probably go broke with a set of 6's in that spot.
Heh
i thought you just said i was right, even though i post no strategy?
Yeah I'm lost
i had no idea what the difference was either so ty for clearing up the confusion. Take a chill pill, the celtics look fine.
Lol. That game the other night had me a little freaked out. Pierce on the ground clutching his knee is an awful site.
what's the update on looshle?
Stop trying to hijack this thread. It's about the Amit/Amak set hand. No one cares how Looshle is doing anymore. obv sw :club:

Ok, I'm lost again. Sorry guys. It seems that some are possibly arguing 2 points. Are people arguing why the money wasn't all in on the flop or why the kid didn't go all in on the river?-As far as why he didn't go all in on the river I think it has been stated that the kid was scared of being beat.-Why the money didn't go all in on the flop? I dunno. Kid was trying to slowplay and he didn't like the river. Either way I think he played it scared and wrong, imo.

Glad to have you back Mitch. Or Royal? Or RT? Who am I talking to?
lol. i'm officially allowed back in the US now!.. well been that way for 2 months, but i've been insane busy with designing that i'm launching my own firm.so not sure when i'll make it back to Vegamexico.. i'd like to come for a week visit in like feb,
obv. you couldnt even begin to imagine the complexity. so we'll just say, chalk 1 up for RT. and maybe next time for chgocubs
Shit, that was one of those Off-Topic esque multi-level thinking jokes?I ****ing hate those.God dammit.
lol. i'm officially allowed back in the US now!.. well been that way for 2 months, but i've been insane busy with designing that i'm launching my own firm.so not sure when i'll make it back to Vegamexico.. i'd like to come for a week visit in like feb,
You're welcome any time. And I don't mean my home. You are dirty and Canadian. We don't allow that here.
Anyone have any updates on looshle or bkice? I checked the worldpokertour website and neither of them are listed.
I believe BKice is out, iirc his real name is Andy Seth and he busted shortly after the bubble. I haven't seen anything on Loosh on there, so it looks like he's still in at the end of the day. We'll likely get an update soon.
I hope this isn't a serious question. You just sound foolish trying to be a douche about it. He can technically be referred to by either. Just like Loosh is Justin or J.C. is PrtyPSux. Oh noez screen names!
Wow WTF? Pot%20Kettle.jpg

Don't know how many have read DN's smallball book but he says the right way to play is what other's consider to be weak passive - he calls it that himself in his latest blog. And rarely or never get it all in without the absolute nuts (unless short of course, but neither player was in this case).Same thing on the update link about Hellmuth, only time he had it allin was the last hand when he busted.I don't know, it seems the only time DN does not make a deep run is when he plays a big hand pf with ak, or gets it allin with 2 pair, like this time around. It's like when he makes a play like everyone endorses (including my old lord and savior Dan Harrington - in talking about the boogeyman under the bed i.e. laying down a set cuz you fear a larger set makes you an idiot) he gets busted or crippled, but if he keeps it small, like he discussed in his Day 1 blog, he goes deep.So the theme seems to be that the bubble fearing kid was the definition of weak passive, which is why all the successful tourney players are calling his play weak, and saying he does not have the stones for a 15k buyin, and the play was horrible.So I am thinking he was weak, but a true small baller would not have got it all in there either. Would be great to see what DN or Gus Hansen or Hellmuth would do. Kind of reminds me of the other thread about "The worst laydown ever" when 2 pair was laid down.Anyways, great fun reading all the to and fro on this from top players. Best part of FCP.