Wpt Bellagio Day 3

ya, i agree with you.. i never said play like a pussy.i'm looking at this from a point of view that is vague on the descriptive information of the hand.. and with that said, I think its possible that the way the hand played out, this guy got a little scared and opted to stay in the tourney when he holds the 5th nuts.I cant say i blame him when its this Deeeep this late.if its 2k/4k with 80k average stack. i say shipples. but it was like 200+ average stack
I can definetely see the reasoning and I just think its really bad. Just because he's being really tight does'nt mean he's not playing really bad, I just don't think you should be playing a 15k or better yet set mining with 66 if that is your thought process. Everyone has different motivations and goals though, so maybe his lifelong goal was to cash in the Doyle Brunson classic.
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got another line!!its gotta be one of the two.. I'm gifted.2nd line i opt that it played out is.1 limp, amak raise to 12k. button call. limper call.flop - limper bet 22k - amak call, button foldturn - J limper bet 38k. amak raise. limper call. river check, bet call. limper says (phew, thought you had JJ. limper is J.Tilly)

hmm.. You realize this isnt a sunday million right? The whole "I'm playing for first" get the chips in the middle mentality is different when you're so deep even this late in the tourney.it doesnt say any bet sizing preflop or post. but i imagine 80k is value.. I like to believe the hand played out like so....2k,4k. 500 ante. 1 limp, amak raise to 10k, folds to limper. limper calls. pot (30,500) limper check, amak check. (J turn) (pot 30,500)limper check, amak bet 18k. limper check raise to 40k. amak re-raise to 86k. limpercall.river 8. pot (202,500). limper check, amak bet 80ktotal hypothetical for my own amusement....
Problems:1) Limper in EP in a 15k tournament...I suppose possible but not likely, however still the by far the most likely of any of the remaining problems2) Iso-raise in EP w/ 22 by strong player. No.3) Said raise is 2.5x BB. No.4) No cont. bet by world class iso-raiser after flopping set. No.5) Limper does not lead a second straight street on the turn after flopping top set. No.6) The back and forth min-raises. No.7) Your statement that he should consider that he has 5-3 at some point. No.Like silky said if he wants to mincash that's his business, but don't justify it as some elaborate smallball tactic, because it wasn't.

Amak's opponent probably played the hand really passively for the wrong reasons. He is probably not a strong player and just played his set poorly. I am going to go check out the tourney in the next 30 mins. Gl Looshle! :5c:ts:3h:4h:club:

Problems:1) Limper in EP in a 15k tournament...I suppose possible but not likely, however still the by far the most likely of any of the remaining problems2) Iso-raise in EP w/ 22 by strong player. No.3) Said raise is 2.5x BB. No.4) No cont. bet by world class iso-raiser after flopping set. No.5) Limper does not lead a second straight street on the turn after flopping top set. No.6) The back and forth min-raises. No.7) Your statement that he should consider that he has 5-3 at some point. No.Like silky said if he wants to mincash that's his business, but don't justify it as some elaborate smallball tactic, because it wasn't.
the strike outs are parts that are not true because they are simply not true.. like the min raise.. a bet of 18 raise to 40 then to 86 is not min raising by amak. original raise was 22. meaning amaks min raise is to 62.so said raise is 2.5 is a said raise of 3xbb become acceptable?
On a board of 642J8 a player checks to Amit Makhija who bets 80,000. His opponent quickly calls. Makhija says "set of deuces", but is trumped by the set of sixes from his opponent.Amit drops to 100,000 but is still alive just two spots from the money. nice check/call, lol
Ok, not really sure how hand went down, but is there any possibility that the players were trying to trap each other and both checked the turn? And then the river came and Amit fires what he thinks is a value bet and the opponent only calls because he thinks it's possible that Amit has 5x7x which would give him the nuts on the river. I mean I don't think the line that RT is presenting sounds plausible. But is it possible that Amit raised PF and opponent calls. On the flop Amit fires a CB and opponent r/r and Amit calls slowplaying his set. Then on turn Amit checks hoping that his opponent bets so they can get it in, but instead the opponent checks. Then on river is the 8 that could give Amit a straight, Amit fires a value bet and opponent just calls in case Amit did have 57.But if board pairs I would assume that both players get it in.I mean that's a possibility, isn't it?

I have 277k heading into last level, so digusted right nowfyi i forgot preflop action on that hand but check to amak on button, call, 66 c/r he calls.bet call turnriver check, amak almost checks behind, kid didnt want to bubble.

I have 277k heading into last level, so digusted right nowfyi i forgot preflop action on that hand but check to amak on button, call, 66 c/r he calls.bet call turnriver check, amak almost checks behind, kid didnt want to bubble.
I KNEW IT!!!
thanks dude.GL
the strike outs are parts that are not true because they are simply not true.. like the min raise.. a bet of 18 raise to 40 then to 86 is not min raising by amak. original raise was 22. meaning amaks min raise is to 62.so said raise is 2.5 is a said raise of 3xbb become acceptable?
I'm not going to turn this into a debate or nitpick details like minraise sizes and 2.5x or 3x. There are seven or eight very succesful players saying one thing (and all agreeing very completely), and you are saying another.
I'm not going to turn this into a debate or nitpick details like minraise sizes and 2.5x or 3x. There are seven or eight very succesful players saying one thing (and all agreeing very completely), and you are saying another.
In the spirit of debate, I continued with an argument, and then became entertained with the idea. But it was not and is not what my original posts were which was, I suggested that this is a huge tourney, on the bubble, very deep stacks for this stage and I dont blame the kid depending on how the hand played out.then a couple people were merely saying.. "ship it here, how can you not"..My original post... common people. discussion is funwell, call me crazy, but when you're that deep and an obvious "no-body" you're probably nervous, and since it was set over set, i assume there was some delicious betting going on prior to the riverIf you wanna boil it some more, we can assume that getting all your chips in here on this board with 6,6 is the 100% end all correct thing to do regardless of situation.which then makes me wonder why you're all in here posting

Oh, and now since we have a recap by Loosh, i'll dig further into my notions and make a strong argument for not shipping.kid c/r amak on flop. amak calls.kid leads turn, amak calls.river brings 2 possibilities that trump him. another straight or another higher set.kid realizes he wont extract much from a big PP here, but will get raised by hands that beat him.. also thinks How the hell can he lay down a set if he does get raised.so he checks. amak bets.. kid now thinks. OMG.. if i raise, what hands that i beat will call a river c/r? 4,4 and 2,2..then he hears. 1 left until te bubble.. kid says. ok 5th nuts.. 80k.. i have 100 left after the call. ill call.aaand. scene.

Are you guys debating why Amit didn't get it all in or why the opponent didn't get it all in? Because now I'm a bit confused.
the same case can kinda be made for amit not to get all teh chips in too though... so i dono.

I think everyone and their mom understands this dude does'nt want to bubble, you were obviously defending his play saying we are 100bb deeps etc. and you were eluding that most people would play this hand like they were a huge vagina and I don't disagree that many would, but I would'nt and I'm fairly certain anyone in this thread that plays tournament poker at a high level would'nt either.

the same case can kinda be made for amit not to get all teh chips in too though... so i dono.
Well I posted on how I thought the hand played out, but that was with Amit being OOP.
I think everyone and their mom understands this dude does'nt want to bubble, you were obviously defending his play saying we are 100bb deeps etc. and you were eluding that most people would play this hand like they were a huge vagina and I don't disagree that many would, but I would'nt and I'm fairly certain anyone in this thread that plays tournament poker at a high level would'nt either.
would be cool to get some input on some pro's as to whether they lead the river with 6,6, c/r or c/c
I think amaks case is a lot different, obviously if its apparent this kid does'nt want to bubble and he wants to try and extract value from one pair hands then that is a pretty good bet.
I think amaks case is a lot different, obviously if its apparent this kid does'nt want to bubble and he wants to try and extract value from one pair hands then that is a pretty good bet.
yeh and that he's most likely very strong.... bottom set is alot differnt than top set in this spot i agree.
would be cool to get some input on some pro's as to whether they lead the river with 6,6, c/r or c/c
I hope you understand that half the people you are arguing with are professional poker players who make absurd amounts of money.

Ok, I agree that the kid was scared and he probably tried to slowplay it. But I think he was real scared when the 8 hit because Amt could've had 57.