Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($1.90)BB ($11.70)UTG ($2.80)UTG+1 ($3.60)MP1 ($8.70)MP2 ($4.90)CO ($9.95)Hero (Button) ($14.05)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.55, CO calls $0.55Flop: ($2.40) 9spade.gif, 4spade.gif, 2spade.gif(3 players)UTG+1 bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40, Hero foldsTurn: ($7.20) 8spade.gif(2 players)UTG+1 bets $0.45 (All-In), CO calls $0.45River: ($8.10) 3heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $8.10 | Rake: $0.80UTG+1 is 77/31 over 25, CO is 34/8 over 65 and i have a note that says I've seen him 3bet kk preflop.Flop fold seems easy, but I want to be sure; I still lack greatly in experience. Is the pfr size okay, or should it be a bit bigger? If one of my aces is spade, how does that change my play?

utg p 1's a short stack who minned then flatted your raise oop and stop and go'ed the flop, CO's a typical dime player who's screen only has three call buttons, no raise or fold. I think you could easily be ahead and just need to dodge a spade.I think it's stack size that makes me widen utgp1's range, but I ship it and race a spade.

I probably raise more than that pre flop. I pretty much just hit the raise pot button most of the time unless I have some reason not to, especially when playing multiple tables. One of the main weaknesses of players at this level is they call with trash so much, esecially pre flop. With Aces, you want to exploit this and make the pot as big as possible before the flop.I'm not at all worried about UTG, CO is more likely to have us in trouble I think. I don't like it much but I think you have to shove it in, cross your fingers, and be prepared to rebuy.UTG probably has a 9, an overpair, or some retarded hand like AK, all of which you crush. 80% of .05/.10 players love to slow play, so he would probably have checked with two spades. CO will have two spades, one big spade, a nine, maybe an overpair. You are also way ahead of this range.

Like your last post, you're raising way too small preflop. Juice it up - they're going to call you. I'm fine with a flop call in position, but no way do I shove all in since we could be drawing dead (or close to it in the case of a set) to the CO. Do we really want to invest our entire stack on THIS board when we don't have to? If we really put CO on a lone spade, then let's get him all in on the turn when his equity plummets. Folding is a small mistake at worst, so that's fine too.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($1.90)BB ($11.70)UTG ($2.80)UTG+1 ($3.60)MP1 ($8.70)MP2 ($4.90)CO ($9.95)Hero (Button) ($14.05)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.55, CO calls $0.55Flop: ($2.40) 9spade.gif, 4spade.gif, 2spade.gif(3 players)UTG+1 bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40, Hero foldsTurn: ($7.20) 8spade.gif(2 players)UTG+1 bets $0.45 (All-In), CO calls $0.45River: ($8.10) 3heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $8.10 | Rake: $0.80UTG+1 is 77/31 over 25, CO is 34/8 over 65 and i have a note that says I've seen him 3bet kk preflop.Flop fold seems easy, but I want to be sure; I still lack greatly in experience. Is the pfr size okay, or should it be a bit bigger? If one of my aces is spade, how does that change my play?
Would have made the PF raise more but after the flop... a definite lay down.IF your A was a S... I may have still laid down after the bid-call action in front of me. I'm not a big 4 flush chaser.
Would have made the PF raise more but after the flop... a definite lay down.IF your A was a S... I may have still laid down after the bid-call action in front of me. I'm not a big 4 flush chaser.
W/ the ace of spades this isn't even close to a laydown. You're giving way too much respect to a very donky line from both opponents.
W/ the ace of spades this isn't even close to a laydown. You're giving way too much respect to a very donky line from both opponents.
LOL, laying this hand down with the Ace of Spades is downright terrible. Laying it down without it is still borderline nittish imo.
LOL, laying this hand down with the Ace of Spades is downright terrible. Laying it down without it is still borderline nittish imo.
Of course, better to be loose and lose money than a nit and win money, right? Keep calling everyone nits. Surest sign of someone that thinks they are much better than they are but will be too busy getting in pissing contests with other regs for the rest of his life to focus on what really matters.
Of course, better to be loose and lose money than a nit and win money, right? Keep calling everyone nits. Surest sign of someone that thinks they are much better than they are but will be too busy getting in pissing contests with other regs for the rest of his life to focus on what really matters.
just so we don't become exploitable either way
hate the double postament
Dude, seriously. Pissing contest? You're the one stalking my posts word-by-word to fine something to call me out on on every post, and I'm looking to get in a pissing contest? You're such a hypocrite. You're being a bitch because I question your playing style (which, sorry, is very blatantly wrong if you go around looking for better spots) and then telling me I'm getting into pissing contests? ASDJGLIASHDFKSDF.If you SERIOUSLY think that folding in this situation with Aces and the ace of spades is NOT nitty, than I really could care less about your opinion, because you're just plain wrong. Even just getting it in with the naked Ace of spades in this situation is basically never wrong threeway given that you would always have 33% equity to triple your money. Do you understand that? Given that I'm talking about having the nut overpair also, well, it's just terrible to ever fold in that situation. Do you understand? It has absolutely nothing to do with being loose and losing, or tight and winning or whatever you're trying to make it out to be. It is just downright TERRIBLE. I'm sorry you don't like the term 'nit,' but that's exactly what you are if you think folding in said situation is even remotely correct. I'm sorry you got pissed off because you think looking for better spots is the correct, most +EV way, to play NLHE and I disagreed. I guess next time I won't disagree with the almighty R-Dog on an internet forum centered around poker debate, for I shalt risk his vengence on all of my posts!
Dude, seriously. Pissing contest? You're the one stalking my posts word-by-word to fine something to call me out on on every post, and I'm looking to get in a pissing contest? You're such a hypocrite. You're being a bitch because I question your playing style (which, sorry, is very blatantly wrong if you go around looking for better spots) and then telling me I'm getting into pissing contests? ASDJGLIASHDFKSDF.If you SERIOUSLY think that folding in this situation with Aces and the ace of spades is NOT nitty, than I really could care less about your opinion, because you're just plain wrong. Even just getting it in with the naked Ace of spades in this situation is basically never wrong threeway given that you would always have 33% equity to triple your money. Do you understand that? Given that I'm talking about having the nut overpair also, well, it's just terrible to ever fold in that situation. Do you understand? It has absolutely nothing to do with being loose and losing, or tight and winning or whatever you're trying to make it out to be. It is just downright TERRIBLE. I'm sorry you don't like the term 'nit,' but that's exactly what you are if you think folding in said situation is even remotely correct. I'm sorry you got pissed off because you think looking for better spots is the correct, most +EV way, to play NLHE and I disagreed. I guess next time I won't disagree with the almighty R-Dog on an internet forum centered around poker debate, for I shalt risk his vengence on all of my posts!
Haha @ me stalking you because I responded to 2 posts where you called people nits. There are good folds and there are bad folds. Using the term nit as derogatory is going to give people the wrong impression.LOL @ my playing style being wrong and that I look for better spots. Just LOL. Did you read my one post that I made regarding the hand? Shouldn't be hard to find. Where exactly did I say we should be folding with AsAx?LOL @ "do I understand".Once again LOL @ me looking for better spots.Funny thing is, I don't even need to respond to most of this. Most people realize why and are pissing their pants laughing their asses off at you. Hey guys, so you tell me, is it really the Challenge Threads that are killing strat? I try to come over here because everyone says we don't post enough and this is the stuff I end up having to respond to? Just LOL.

I want everyone to be friends :'(Seriously, I think "nit" is just being taken as weak, rather than selective. Different perceived connotations, whatever. The important thing is that we all hug and get along and continue to respond to my threads so I suck less :-)