99 On The Button

Local tournament, 15 minute blinds, 5,000 starting chips, linds start 25/50 and double thereafter (not much play).Hand is folded round except for one limper to Cutoff-1 who is a TAG player and he raises to 250. I'm on the button and look down at 9s9c. I call, blinds fold and the limper calls. Flop is 7d 8s 10c. Limper checks, raiser bets 500 and I raise another 1500 on top. I'm pretty sure he has JJ or QQ. He pushes for about an extra 1600.What now?I did something but I don't know if I was right to do so. Your opinions?

As played, it's a snapcall IMO. If he has QQ-JJ, you have 8-10 outs to the best hand and you have the odds to call. If you're going to put that much in here, you've got to be willing to call off for another 1600 with an OESD and a PP. Even if he has 77, 88 or TT, you still have 8 outs to the best hand.

somebody in strat constantly points out 'why are you 3 betting if you don't know what you'll do to a 4 bet?' That's a very good thing to keep in your head.I think in this spot, given your opponent's stack size and the size of the raise you made there's absolutely no other option besides calling his shove. If you didn't want to play a huge pot on that flop, the 3 bet was ill advised.But hey, it's a semi-bluff and you have outs so it's not the end of the world.

I'm a little unclear on who had how much in terms of chips, whether it was still the first blind level, etc.; but from what I can figure, your flop raise (I'm not clear on why it would be called a 3-bet given that it's only the second action) kind of pot committed you, so you may as well have shoved there as a semi-bluff, where you buy yourself two streets to improve if you do in fact get called by a hand that is ahead of yours.As played, you call and hope for that same thing. The only difference being that if you shove first, you have some fold equity and don't have to worry about getting bluffed by villain's shove over the top of your raise. Though the more I think about it, you probably don't have a whole lot of fold equity anyway, so maybe this was the line to make your draw (if it hits) pay off the best.Assuming villain had an overpair and you didn't hit your draw, don't worry about it. In a turbo structure like this, you had a good shot to take down a big pot and stay ahead of the voracious blind structure, and you were right to take it. In a slower structure other ways to play the hand could be considered; but boy is this one tough to get away from.

somebody in strat constantly points out 'why are you 3 betting if you don't know what you'll do to a 4 bet?' That's a very good thing to keep in your head.I think in this spot, given your opponent's stack size and the size of the raise you made there's absolutely no other option besides calling his shove. If you didn't want to play a huge pot on that flop, the 3 bet was ill advised.But hey, it's a semi-bluff and you have outs so it's not the end of the world.
truthyou may not have liked the result, but you should know that you're going to call immediately because you have so much equity. Think before you act.
Yeah I had thought that when I made the bet and I did call his shove. He flipped over aces and the turn and river came 2h qc. So I lost alot of my stack and was down to around 500. I'm only 18 and still learning so thanks for the input guys (and confirming I made the right play eventually) was the semi-bluff raise right in the first place or should I have called to catch a card?