Multi-way, Missed Flush Draw

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP2) ($10.30)MP3 ($0.80)Button ($1.85)SB ($2.90)BB ($6.40)UTG ($3.90)UTG+1 ($7.50)MP1 ($10.20)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7heart.gif, 5heart.gifUTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15, UTG raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, SB calls $0.15, 1 foldFlop: ($1.95) Qheart.gif, 9spade.gif, 5club.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10Turn: ($2.25) Aheart.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $1.35, MP3 calls $0.30 (All-In), UTG calls $1.35River: ($5.25) 2spade.gif(3 players, 1 all-in)UTG checks, Hero bets $2.05, 1 foldTotal pot: $5.25 | Rake: $0.50Little in the way of reads, I'm playing my general aggressive style. I've been playing with the 2.5xbb pfr (reading power hold 'em strategy). I know it's focused towards tournaments, but it seems like it could be applied to cash games. How wrong is this? Even more so at these limits? I'm just experimenting, I guess. Tell me if I should stop. The river bet was made purely because UTG seemed really weak.

Before we raise we have to work out why we are raising. Why are we? We're not doing it for value with a hand like 7-5, especially in FR where an UTG limp often means a super strong hand. We have two limps in front, why not limp behind and encourage other players behind us to limp? That gives us the odds to hit a nice hand on the flop with our suited one-gapper and extract some money from a mediocre hand that may have hit the flop. If we are going to raise, I think you need to raise much much more than 2.5x with two limpers already in the pot. The UTG limper (if everybody else folds) is getting 4-1 to call and UTG+1 will be getting 5-1. It's just lucky that the UTG decided to CiB for some reason and we could all call and have a party.I don't hate the flop or the turn really, although with the guy betting 10 cents with only 30 cents left it's ehhh as you'll almost certainly need to improve to beat him. The river bet I really dunno. I mean, if and only if UTG folds you're almost certainly only making back the $1.05 that UTG called and MP3 doesn't cover. But it's better than winning nothing, so if you think he folds often enough to make it profitable, sounds good.

But it's better than winning nothing, so if you think he folds often enough to make it profitable, sounds good.
It's break-even if he folds 2 out 3 times that he holds a hand that beats us. (We're betting $2 in the hopes of bluffing out the $1 sidepot.) I think the river bet is a mistake.
not a fan of this hand at all.
So just do the opposite of everything?Baby, you're completely right on the preflop commentary. I suppose I am just still working on when to limp, what with the importance of aggression being talked about all the time. You've helped, though, I guess it just takes another person to say something you already know one more time. Say it was folded to me. What do you think, then?I agree, the .30 guy is scary, but I figure I at least have odds with him. I find that the minbet is sometimes on a draw, so maybe I even get lucky there. Again, I just felt that UTG didn't have a hand. I acknowledge that this might be a bit risky, I really haven't seen that much of him.The only thing I really disagree with, is that you say that an UTG limp is often very strong. At this limit, I see plenty of UTG limps being K4s and the like.

another thing to consider w/ two limps in front and a smallish raise is you're begging a short stack to just shovel and go after the dead money pre, and you're ill equipped to call a shove pre from anyone. At 10c nl FR you'll see that move a lot in a swollen pot w/ no true aggression shown pre.and yes, just do the opposite on each street :club:

another thing to consider w/ two limps in front and a smallish raise is you're begging a short stack to just shovel and go after the dead money pre, and you're ill equipped to call a shove pre from anyone. At 10c nl FR you'll see that move a lot in a swollen pot w/ no true aggression shown pre.and yes, just do the opposite on each street :club:
I actually did realize this a bit too late. I'm gonna work on paying attention to things... Good call

I also dislike this in so many ways. For starters I wouldn't be raising this hand at .05/.1 . People call way to often at this level, and you make your money through value bets not bluffs. If you are going to play it you definately need to raise more. If in doubt just raise pot.On the turn I think you are best just to try and see the river by calling another tiny bet.I hate the river bet more than everything. Once again, money comes from value betting strong hands not bluffing.