Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($13.75)UTG ($2.40)UTG+1 ($1.85)MP2 ($2)CO ($5.45)Button ($7)SB ($9.60)Preflop: Hero is BB with Aspade.gif, Kdiamond.gif3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.45, CO calls $0.35, Button calls $0.35, 1 foldFlop: ($1.45) 6diamond.gif, Aclub.gif, 8spade.gif(3 players)Hero bets $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1Turn: ($3.45) 10diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $2, Button calls $2River: ($7.45) Jheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3.55 (All-In), Hero calls $3.55Total pot: $14.55 | Rake: $1.45Don't have much of a read, but I had been fairly aggressive, about 20/20. Is that river check stupid? I was thinking he at least had a decent ace, and that if the ten didn't give him two pair (in retrospect, he probably would have raised the turn), there was a decent chance the jack did. I feel like I was thinking about it kind of poorly...

I feel like his range for calling a bet on the river is wider than his range for betting the river. He will probably call with any Ace but will check behind with his weaker aces. Usually the only reason I would bet flop and turn then c/c the river is if I thought his range was largely comprised of draws and he is likely to bluff river. There aren't many draws on this flop and the draws that did exist now beat you.Since you are going to call a bet on the river anyway I think betting the river is best.

66,88,AJ Thats his range IMO
I can't tell whether or not you're kidding...I guess I was checking the river as a means of pot control, but I suppose there was no way a better hand was checking, and as dictius said, I'm gonna call his bet.Everybody is saying I should have bet more along the way. I bet like this because this is how I normally c-bet, whether I have it or not. Does this mean that they should always be bigger? Maybe I'm treating turn bets too much like flop bets?
I can't tell whether or not you're kidding...I guess I was checking the river as a means of pot control, but I suppose there was no way a better hand was checking, and as dictius said, I'm gonna call his bet.Everybody is saying I should have bet more along the way. I bet like this because this is how I normally c-bet, whether I have it or not. Does this mean that they should always be bigger? Maybe I'm treating turn bets too much like flop bets?
We bet more for value. People at this level will call you down with a lot of hands, so we bet to get more money in the pot when we think we are ahead.As far as the river, betting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>c/f>c/c. The reason we'd check call is to allow villain to bet a missed draw or value bet a worse hand that he'd fold if we bet (turn a hand into a bluff). Since there is no real missed draw villain could have, and most villains at this level are very passive, if we check and villain bets, without a read, villain almost always has us beat. However, since villains at this level are very passive they are more likely to call a river bet.Cliff notes: villain's calling range>>>villain's betting range

I think the flop and turn bets are sized too small for one pair hands, especially TPTK like AK played this way on this board. It might also help us find the truth of the hand. As it turns out, we have an awkward action to consider on the river. Villain has given us the difficult decision when it should be the other way around.

We bet more for value. People at this level will call you down with a lot of hands, so we bet to get more money in the pot when we think we are ahead.As far as the river, betting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>c/f>c/c. The reason we'd check call is to allow villain to bet a missed draw or value bet a worse hand that he'd fold if we bet (turn a hand into a bluff). Since there is no real missed draw villain could have, and most villains at this level are very passive, if we check and villain bets, without a read, villain almost always has us beat. However, since villains at this level are very passive they are more likely to call a river bet.Cliff notes: villain's calling range>>>villain's betting range
So it's not transparent that I'll be betting less when it's just a c-bet/bluff? I've always thought that keeping things consistent like that might be a bit overrated at this limit, as people don't seem to be too attentive, but I haven't acted according to that yet.
So it's not transparent that I'll be betting less when it's just a c-bet/bluff? I've always thought that keeping things consistent like that might be a bit overrated at this limit, as people don't seem to be too attentive, but I haven't acted according to that yet.
Don't worry about playing your hand face up against an opponent who isn't even paying attention.
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($13.75)UTG ($2.40)UTG+1 ($1.85)MP2 ($2)CO ($5.45)Button ($7)SB ($9.60)Preflop: Hero is BB with Aspade.gif, Kdiamond.gif3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.45, CO calls $0.35, Button calls $0.35, 1 foldFlop: ($1.45) 6diamond.gif, Aclub.gif, 8spade.gif(3 players)Hero bets $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1Turn: ($3.45) 10diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $2, Button calls $2River: ($7.45) Jheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3.55 (All-In), Hero calls $3.55Total pot: $14.55 | Rake: $1.45Don't have much of a read, but I had been fairly aggressive, about 20/20. Is that river check stupid? I was thinking he at least had a decent ace, and that if the ten didn't give him two pair (in retrospect, he probably would have raised the turn), there was a decent chance the jack did. I feel like I was thinking about it kind of poorly...
I dont mind your flop bet size at all. The turn is a good spot to c/r imo. If villian checks behind turn you can v/b river and fold to a shove. You should just go ahead and bet the river here. Value betting is the key to low limits, not checking to induce bluffs As played i think you have to call his river bet though.

As already said, raise more pf and just keep betting. I think bet sizing on flop and turn is ok, certainly don't want to bet less though.