Sb In Live Cash Games

Ok guys. Most of you know that I have said since day one that I have had no success in SB for cash games. Well, I have to take it back now.After watching Daniel in the Sunday Millions, I started hitting the cash tables and using the same system. It might be all the things I am doing before I sit down, I don't know, but it's working for me. I can't communicate it the way it needs to be explained but it works.I know this. There is not much invested and it's easy to get off a hand. When I have a hand I get more investors in the pot. If I hit the flop big, I usually get more for my money since a couple of them usually raise it up. When I was betting 3x-5x, it just seems too hard to let go of top pair when someone fires after the flop and crushes me with trips. I do study the tables a ton though. I will pass my seat to another guy and wait it out if I don't like the table they're moving me to. I don't play right after a tournament. I find that I am way too aggressive for SB after the tournament. I have to take a nice break. I go to the Diamond lounge and relax or have a nice meal and then go to the tables with a patient mindset. I take my time. If they push me out preflop, that's alright. If I don't hit a couple of flops, that's ok. When I do, I get paid off. It's great!I know that I will never be a Daniel, Barry, or Ivey but just to be able to find some success at something I really love is great! By the way! Have you guys heard that we won't be able to get our Diamond cards at Harrahs by playing poker next year? SUCKS!!!!

Paul glad to hear about your success in NL cash as you can see it can be highly profitable. But I think you will develop more as you play and will recognize spots that you want to get money in the pots fast. Like you said in tourneys you are way too aggro to sit @ the cash tables, but I am sure the first time you played a tourney you werent too aggro. So I think you probably developed into a more aggro player that regognizes good spots for aggression. Once your roll is deep enough @ NL cash and as you gain experience playing the cash tables. Like spots where your opponents hand is obvious and you can fire barrels @ him. Eventually you will have the intuition @ the cash games like you have developed in tourneys.

Im a little with Paul on this, though I believe you can have several successfull methods for cashgames serving different purposes. For me I like to keep the pots small which allows me to take more stabs at flops for a cheap price, also allows me to play draws aggressive. The problem I have with playing big pots preflop is that when the flop hits ...you cannot play flops without investing large % of your overall stack...though you arent allways going to get to see flops cheaply ... you surely have many spots where you can. With a very aggressive style that constantly is involved in pots ..people generally either "give up" and start waiting for a good hand or they start paying you of with second best hands. My view is that it really doesn't matter what kind of style you play ... the important thing is to get a sence of how your opponents are adjusting to your play and start adjusting yourself staying 1 step ahead.