i would have to watch it again to be much more specific, as it's been a couple years. i own it, though, so i'll do that and get back to you. it's worth it in my book, since i do think that movie gets an unfairly bad rap :club:.
I thought it got a bad rap too. Everyone was expecting some shocking twist like his first movie but all it was meant to be is a fairy tale for his kid.TDTESS was okay, nothing spectacular. A couple elements where I feel they fell short:

Let's go through extraordinary lengths to get all these scientists here away from the point of impact but we'll fly them right back there at the moment of impact so they can potentially be vaporized.The ending sucked. No message delivered. There's no way that humanity or it's leaders will change on a global scale because a few states in the U.S. got gobbled up. Furthermore, by sending us back to the level of 17th century technology it increases the chances that man will become more predatory, vicious, and abusive of the planet and frankly the die off will be massive. So instead of a nice quick death at the hands of the bugs, billions will die a slow, lingering death of deprivation or predation. Thanks Keanu, don't do us any ****ing favors.Did they include the most famous line? They might have but I didn't hear it.

What a terrible ending, seriously. The movie itself wasn't awful (wasn't anything to write home about either), but the ending was just incredibly bland.I'd say the only really cool moment in the film was the multiplying bugs.

What a terrible ending, seriously. The movie itself wasn't awful (wasn't anything to write home about either), but the ending was just incredibly bland.I'd say the only really cool moment in the film was the multiplying bugs.
I think they really dropped the ball with GORT. He should've been much more badass.
lady in the water was a study into how deep people will look to find meaning in something so they can tell other people why they enjoyed it. It's an abstract in will power, elitism and the undeserving hero worship of a one trick pony director. In that sense it succeeded. In the sense of being good...not so much.
Sounds like No Country For Old Men
You think the Coens Brothers are a one trick pony?

I refuse to see this, unless it's by mistake, some kind of horrible mistake.This is the type of movie that reminds me of how they force Malcolm McDowell's eyes to remain open during A Clockwork Orange in the rehab scenes.I do find it ironic that Reeves is playing a robot, seeing as that's what his acting ability personifies.

Interesting, Cohen brothers are kind of the anti-M Night IMO, people watch M Night waiting for a big twist ending, people who like Cohen brothers should know the one thing their movies never have is an ending. (I am a Cohen Bros fan)
Interesting, Cohen brothers are kind of the anti-M Night IMO, people watch M Night waiting for a big twist ending, people who like Cohen brothers should know the one thing their movies never have is an ending. (I am a Cohen Bros fan)
Who are these Cohen brothers you speak of? :club:
If anyone wants to watch movies that just come out to theaters and stuff you can go to...www.watch-movies.netI tend to watch movies here if I think it might not be worth the theater price. TDTESS was on this site the day it was released.This site has pretty much any movie you can think of, not all tho
ty!!!!