The Most Recognizable Man On The Planet?

I think everybody is underestimating how popular Jackie Chan is in Asia.Also, Yao Ming has to be more recognizable across the globe than MJ or Kobe.
Non basketball fans in even North America I bet dont know who Yao Ming is...He shouldnt be even considered in this "poll"...
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hard to recognize a 7 foot tall asian dude
I just go by what I hear from my family..For example my mom has no idea of sports..However I guarantee you she knows who Tiger woods is...And I am positive that she has no idea who Yao Ming is...
So I guess I am the first person to tell you this, but you aren't the definitive source on all information. You are just some guy in Toronto. Princess Diana was hugely famous before she died - all through her engagement and wedding, her divorce, her subsequent relationship with Dodi Al Fayed, her fashion sense, her work removing landmines in Cambodia, etc. She travelled all over the world as part of her charity work and royal duties, and these appearances were publicised in those countries.
How are we still not getting the "Most recognizable man" list cannot include a woman. If it were most recognizable person then the queen would be on the list. However Princess Di would not be. I couldn't have picked her out of a crowd before, during, or after the whole paparazzi death ordeal.
However Princess Di would not be. I couldn't have picked her out of a crowd before, during, or after the whole paparazzi death ordeal.
OK this is just crazy talk. She was on the cover of every magazine in the world for about 10 - 15 years in the 80's and 90's.If she changed her hair slightly, the world noticed.

This thread epitomizes the reason why we Americans are universally disliked among the rest of the world. Not only can we not see past our own borders, but we scoff at the mere notion of anything existing beyond them. We're a closed-minded culture who continue to regress as a people every single day.And this is coming from a Republican who loves this country - but a lot of you dumb fucks scare the shit out of me.Michael Jordan.

This thread epitomizes the reason why we Americans are universally disliked among the rest of the world. Not only can we not see past our own borders, but we scoff at the mere notion of anything existing beyond them. We're a closed-minded culture who continue to regress as a people every single day.And this is coming from a Republican who loves this country - but a lot of you dumb fucks scare the shit out of me.Matt Damon.
FYP
I just go by what I hear from my family..For example my mom has no idea of sports..However I guarantee you she knows who Tiger woods is...And I am positive that she has no idea who Yao Ming is...
your mother is not even close to representing the ability of the WORLD to recognize a person. You have to be at least significantly recognizable in Asia to crack this list.
OK this is just crazy talk. She was on the cover of every magazine in the world for about 10 - 15 years in the 80's and 90's.If she changed her hair slightly, the world noticed.
Well guess what? No clue. Saw her on TV a few times and was still a bit confused at who they were referring to. Then again I was pretty young.
Then again I was pretty young.
I assume it was because of this.I assume you are in your early 20's(despite what everyone says) so you would have been 8-12 when she died. So I would not expect you to know that much about her. But if you took this poll in say 1992, she would have been at the top of every list. For some unknown reason the world was obsessed with her, so much so, that her fame got her killed.
I assume it was because of this.I assume you are in your early 20's(despite what everyone says) so you would have been 8-12 when she died. So I would not expect you to know that much about her. But if you took this poll in say 1992, she would have been at the top of every list. For some unknown reason the world was obsessed with her, so much so, that Prince Charles got her killed.
FYP
I assume it was because of this.I assume you are in your early 20's(despite what everyone says)
Can I assume this means the general assumption on the site is that I am in fact 12? Who is "everyone" that you are referring to?
I assume it was because of this.I assume you are in your early 20's(despite what everyone says) so you would have been 8-12 when she died. So I would not expect you to know that much about her. But if you took this poll in say 1992, she would have been at the top of every list. For some unknown reason the world was obsessed with her, so much so, that Prince Charles got her killed.
FYP
Who the fuck is Prince Charles?
This thread epitomizes the reason why we Americans are universally disliked among the rest of the world. Not only can we not see past our own borders, but we scoff at the mere notion of anything existing beyond them. We're a closed-minded culture who continue to regress as a people every single day.And this is coming from a Republican who loves this country - but a lot of you dumb fucks scare the shit out of me.Michael Jordan.
im assuming this is mainly aimed at me. i agree with evrything you say. It still doesn't change my mind call me close minded. I never said the damn guy was #1 or anything. ps.. im not american. or canadian if you want to get technical.pps. im really liking the jackie chan pick.