The Most Recognizable Man On The Planet?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt one of the facts from "supersize me" that the three most recoginsed western figures were Elvis, Jesus Christ and Ronald mcdonald.To the people who are saying sports stars I think the biggest one is david beckham. Most of europe follows soccer much closer then they do basketball. Mixed with the fact he married a spice girl. Tiger woods, Roger federer are up there. I think bill gates and oprah would be near the top of the list. Jay leno and most A list movie stars. I think leaders portrayed as villains are wider known then other leaders. Saddam Hussein, osama bin laden, hitler, Putin.

Even people in little villages in 3rd world countries know who Michael Jordan is.
I wouldn't recognise him.Maybe I would recognise Koby or shaq but without their uniforms probably not
Everywhere I've been it's all about the Basketball players. Kobe, Lebron, Yao, Shaq.
This is what I'm trying to say!!
I wouldn't recognise him.Maybe I would recognise Koby or shaq but without their uniforms probably not
You're in the vast minority.
numa.jpgIt used to be, according to actual surveys and data and stuff, not just guesses, Muhammed Ali, but that was 20 years ago. But based on that I'm thinking it's not a politician, but probably an entertainer or sports figure. Our culture spreads faster than our politics.
ok so a large part of europe and Ireland is a vast minority. Anyway a vast minority that is part of the western world means he isn't the most recognisable man.Its like me expecting you to recognise Johnny Wilkinson.

No way Michael Jordan would be the most recognized person in the WORLD... If any sports entertainer is most known, it would definitely be Tiger Woods worldwide. He's made an impact across the planet like no other (Also why he's by far the wealthiest athlete in the world).However, the face of America is known EVERWHERE. I'd have to say George Bush is probably the most recognized person on the planet (who is still alive).If it's not George Bush, I'd have to think it's a famous Asian although I couldn't tell you who. Their population make up the majority of the planet so I'd have to think it'd come from there.

I don't think he is. The specific topic here is how 'recognizable' they are, globally. I wouldn't recognize him if he walked past me either.He is more 'well known' than he is recognizable.
We are only dealing with people who are alive. Homer simpson does not count.
I think the courts are going to disagree with you on this part.
Wasnt one of the facts from "supersize me" that the three most recoginsed western figures were Elvis, Jesus Christ and Ronald mcdonald.To the people who are saying sports stars I think the biggest one is david beckham. Most of europe follows soccer much closer then they do basketball. Mixed with the fact he married a spice girl. Tiger woods, Roger federer are up there. I think bill gates and oprah would be near the top of the list. Jay leno and most A list movie stars. I think leaders portrayed as villains are wider known then other leaders. Saddam Hussein, osama bin laden, hitler, Putin.
LOL
I don't think he is. The specific topic here is how 'recognizable' they are, globally. I wouldn't recognize him if he walked past me either.He is more 'well known' than he is recognizable.
Fair enough, but then Tiger Woods isn't up there either.