Post Here If You're A Winner With Pvt

Ok guys, this is for those of us that have been successful with PVT.Ignore the bashers because more than likely they would lose with or without PVT. lol You might not have had my success but I know there are guys out there winning because you stop and tell me when you see me. From those that are winning in micro or whatever. This is your chance to tell the guys thanks. If the other post beats us out, it might not be good so sound out.As for my success, most of you know it. I give PVT 100% of live tournament success. I can't count the Sats. Around 20 MTT wins, 30 or so cashes (I need to keep better records I know but my computer crashed). Two top spots in two WSOP Main Event Sats with over 100 players in each. They were rebuys and I only had one rebuy in one of them and then the addons. All my cashes have been in tournaments ranging from 30-120 players. I did place in the top 10% in the largest $1000 tournament Vegas has ever had. It was at Caesars during the WSOP. I think there was like 1200 players and I won the seat to that on a $100 sat. (Didn't make it that far in the ME though. Flopped a boat but the guy next to me thought 24 hearts was a great hand and turned and riverd a strt flush. That was in the first hour and I was out the last hour of the first day) I give the Strat forum 50% and PVT the other half of my online tournament success. Online hasn't been close to the success I've found live but I can't complain. 4 wins and as of tonight, 18 cashed since middle of October. Zero online wins or cashes before PVT or the Strat forum. Have to thank BigD for sending me to the strat forum.Can't talk about Cash games yet guys but tournaments have been great.Ring out guys. There's no way that I'm the only one that's done well with it.Make sure to give your usernameUsername: Landman

Paul I also have had tourney success since poker vt and some cash game success as well. My cash profits have gone way up since deucescracked but its only a cashgame site for the most part. But I think I have played only 2 MTTs in the last month and I final tabled one and took 34th or something like that out of 700+. I am going to get get back to MTT's once my roll is deeper but because of PVT, Daniel, and Adams knowledge of the game I truly feel I am a threat in any MTT I sit down in. My overall success, 1 win 4 final tables and numerous deep cashes out of probably like 25 multi table tourneys tourneys.My pvt username is volcomstone1107.

I would say im a winning sitngo player and recently has been finding out how to crush the micro cashgames ... as for mtt ive had mixed results ... have made finaltable in a 1200 player tourny where I came in third with 860$ ( around 3 dollar buyin) and have had many 50-200 cashes and a TON of deep runs while busting out right before cash :)Been very good at going busto though ... generally building it up then get little tilted and start playing omaha and regular cashgames when I didnt know how to beat them.One thing that helped my cashgames is to generally play very smallball, superaggressive minraising all hands with decent-great potential and when you get KK QQ or AA (not AK since its just a drawing hand) you raise it 10-15 times bigblind preflop ... and to my big suprise people will still call you with KQ A10 AJ type of hands.My theory is that since you usually never make any big profit postflop with those hands you should invest alot of money with them preflop when they still are big favourite. What will happend is that your profit with those hands will be much greater and will cover more than enough when you do make a bad call against f.ex 2 pair postflop or a set. My problem in the past with those hands has been that ive collected like 0,01% of my stacksize when I raise regular ... but when I make it 10-15 times the bigblind it will represent 10% of my stack usually which means that I only need to pick up the call/calls preflop 5-10 times before I have doubled my stack, sometimes even less if you count the times they will call your all in postflop with top pair like AJ hitting the J on flop(Of course on scary board textures I will not play my hand agressive). Though I wouldnt assume it will be very effective when you start reaching the 1-2 2-4 games, it surely helps against all those people at micro who never seem to respect your raises :club:

Rayen not to be to rude but your thinking about playing NL cash is not going to win in the long run. AK pf for 100 BB's Online is essentially the nuts. For a bunch of factors. And min raising is just not a good strategy. I would say I use some small ball concepts in my cash game but cash is just different. Watch boosted J's vids.I would really study some cash game theory before risking money. Small ball is mainly for tourneys. Also I would say that your strategy of min raising would be better if you were playing @ a deep stacked table but there are some good online players that will just exploit that style. You need to understand that people are understanding what bets mean like c bets and 2 barrelling and people are understanding the game on higher levels. Maybe not @ the micros but I would definetly study some NL cash before playing.

As I said I only think its good at lower levels where people dont "punish" you ... as for minraising I actually raise half the pot not bigblind so its a little bigger usually. On flop and turn I bet half the pot if depending on several things...though not when I got the nuts. As for AK what I ment is that when I raise 10-15x bb I am prepared to call a shove ... though AK is a strong hand I dont like playing it like I do with the big pairs, more often than not people will pay me off when a lone ace come or even with second pair like king on the flop with a KQ.I know I have to change my strategy when I get higher up ... but what I have learned is that you cannot apply same strategy alone to microgames where people generally will call your QQ KK AA raises with just about anything ... its very hard to put someone on a hand if they call a big raise with 10 5 and they flop 2 pair.Against people tbat you know will raise you light you simply more often not cannot give them credit of a set or 2 pair in most cases. I earned like 3 buyin's yesterday alone from people calling my 10-15 bb raises with AJ KQ or pocket pairs. I do understand that when I get higher up I need to switch to a more deceptive strategy... but against a table almost full of calling stations the best way in my opinion is to see as many flops as possible with as many people as possible and value the heck out of them when you got the nuts.

Also wanted to add that I do valuebet alot more if I think they will pay of ... its not like I am a machine and say half the pot flop , half the pot turn and half the pot river ...I do change my size if I feel my opponent has a good enough hand to call my size :club:

Also wanted to add that I do valuebet alot more if I think they will pay of ... its not like I am a machine and say half the pot flop , half the pot turn and half the pot river ...I do change my size if I feel my opponent has a good enough hand to call my size :club:
i am just saying there is alot too it

As for me, I made final table (out of about 42 people) 2 for 2 after watching PokerVT for just 24 hours. My stats are starting to rise...at least until a bad run last night. Maybe Daniel can put in some pointers on how to play against newbies who call too often on crud hands, don't know when to fold, and end up lucky on the river! LOLI play WPT APL tourneys 2-3 times a week live and it's just for points.Another comment though--I played on a Cruise line on a computerized table. No limit cash games. I found it very difficult since the usual tells were not there and it was very difficult to get a read on people--especially when you have to press 5 buttons to make a bet! I gave up trying to play and instead returned home and took my wrath out on the tourneys :)MaryBeth

Put me in the winner's circle!!!!! Just won my first tourney!! $2.20 NL Quintuple shootout. That is a fun tourney- 4-person tables. 1024 ppl max.Nice cash of $327 That feels good!Not really a small ball game, but I did feel I was playing aggressively & ran all of the tables. Raising with top pr & firing 2 & 3 bullets with weak players (which there were a lot of! Lots of limping)I did use DN heads up style... Min raise in position & bet half pot on flop. Didn't play any bigs hands out of position unless I had it. Works like a charm!!!!Haven't won a tourney since one of the protege contests. That was only 60 ppl.Wheeeeee

Put me in the winner's circle!!!!! Just won my first tourney!! $2.20 NL Quintuple shootout. That is a fun tourney- 4-person tables. 1024 ppl max.Nice cash of $327 That feels good!Not really a small ball game, but I did feel I was playing aggressively & ran all of the tables. Raising with top pr & firing 2 & 3 bullets with weak players (which there were a lot of! Lots of limping)I did use DN heads up style... Min raise in position & bet half pot on flop. Didn't play any bigs hands out of position unless I had it. Works like a charm!!!!Haven't won a tourney since one of the protege contests. That was only 60 ppl.Wheeeeee
Fantastic!!!Nothing like that MTT large field win is there?! Congrats!

Last night I placed 2nd and won myself a seat to the Regionals. Since watching Poker VT, I've consistently been rising in the ranks. Except for one week where I was on Tilt, I finished up the month strong and this is my first Regional placement :club: It's weird...I'm usually a bit intimidated by the people who always make final table, but they all groan whenever I enter a hand...and I tend to be in a lot of them! They think I'm a bully even though I offer modest bets or raises and don't usually overbet the pot. I'm realizing that DN is right. They're all going to think I'm playing Loose and Aggressive even though I'm really playing Tight. Now I'm the one putting others on tilt...just by the way I'm always playing solid hands.

Im still missing the 3 footers but Im killin it in my recent NLH tourneys.
I hear ya. Online, the three footers are touching the edges constantly! Live tournaments rock. Keep working at it is all I can tell ya.Is it deep in the tourney that you're having problems too?