5 Days In Vegas - Trip Report

So, I got up at 3:30 on Thursday Dec 4th to head out to the airport for Vegas. This would be my first trip out in 2 years. I got RT air & 5 nights at the Imperial Palace for $484 w/ taxes & fees. Not a bad deal and I liked the IP location. Center of strip is always good!!! Wather was clear & cold here in FL (36 when I left, was warmer in Philadelphia where I got the 2nd flight!!), but smooth flight anyway. I refused to pay $7 for a beer, so I was definitely sober when I hit Vegas. Had a woman in the row suffered a Grand Mal seizure during the flight. Luckily there were 2 doctors on board, but I was there helping as best I could. Got to Vegas about 2pm there time, so I grabbed my luggage, jumped in the shuttle and off we went. LOTS of Vegas virgins on the bus & flight, but still the numbers seemed down.Smooth check in, dropped the bags in the room and off to eat before my venture to the poker room. Got seated on a 2-4 limit table and played mostly limit for my stay (more on that later). Grabbed a rack and played about 4 hours and was up a whole $20. Won some small pots but between rake and beer tips, eats up profits quick!! Decided to head down the strip and played at Sahara 7pm $45 NLHE tourney. LOTS of clueless players here. I had nothing major, just played ABC poker till the final 2 tables. Blinds escalate pretty quick, so I shoved my last 5K in tthe BB with AJ. Of course SB had AK. Flop was KQ7, so I had outs, but couldn't get the T to live. I jumped on teh monorail and crashed hard about 2am. FRIDAY: Got back up at 8, grabbed some breakfast and headed back to IP. the offer a promotion if you get AA or KK cracked, you win $100 for Aces & $50 for Kings. I managed to win 4 nice pots and got Aces cracked once (guy had 89ss and rivered the flush on me) so I won $100 instead of a $38 pot. Played until 6 with a profit of $150 and headed out to grab some dinner. Saw Panda Express, but decided to go to the Rio buffett. headed back to the IP and they had a 1/2 NLHE table open. Bought in for 100 and mostly watched for a couple hours. Lots of rocks and movers. Had KK In the BB and held over the shove of AJ from the SB when he was short and eventually built up to $225. Get A9os in teh BB and called #4 seat for $15. Flop is A9J. Check to raiser who makes it $30, I raised to $75, he shoved $300 and I call. He has AQ. Turn was a 7 and I can see a nice pot coming my way, until the nasty ass J on the river. I got pissed and walked over to Bellagio to blow off steam. There was some PRIME meat on the hoof Fri night and I should have been snapping pics like a Japanese tourist at Pearl Harbor, but tried some restraint. Did get 1 good pic when I was there!!!DSCN0003.jpgHeaded back to the room and crashed about 3. Saturday: (aka My 44th Birthday) Woke up around 10 and went to Mandalay to eat (good buffett) and watch the FL-Alabama game. Everyone had the spread at 11, and $100 straight on FL to win got me $15, so no bets. Mandalay, Luxor, Excalibur, NYNY, MGM and a couple other places were PACKED for the game, so I ended up WALKING back to my room to watch the Gators make the comeback and secure their rightful place in the National Championship game on Jan 8th. After that, I headed down to Sahara for another shot at the 7pm tourney. Played a little looser this tome, made the final table. Gave it my best Scotty impression. I got $20 in gray chips for tippint the waitress and had 5 left at the FT. We chopped 6 ways for $650 each (I initiated the chop as a big stack) so I could play the 11pm as well. I got 7th in that one for another $150 and was completely on autopilot as I was too drunk to see the cards!!! It was after 4am, the monorail was closed, so I took a cab back. Fun drunk ride with the Dell tech support guy on his side job. Sunday: Woke up about 1:30 with a nice hangover that was whetted after a Gatorade and a couple advil. Looking at my cash from the night before helped as well!!! Went and found some food (sorely needed) and played at the IP again. waited until 7and played the $3/$6 mixed game. OMFG it is the best!!!! If you are in Vegas on a Sunday night and tired of hold 'em, this is the place!!!!! 3/6 Limit Mixed game with 10%/$3 Max Rake (no jackpot drop).Call ahead to get on the list: 702-794-3225 . If you want to get in on the game at the beginning (recommended, as seats turnover is usually only about one every 3.5 hours or so). Call by 4:00PM to be safe. Be sure to be there no later then 7, and possibly earlier (6:45 or so).The game has been spreading on TWO tables lately. Spread the word!Anyone and Everyone is ALWAYS Welcome! No prior knowledge of any of these poker games is required or even expected.Games include (and are played in the following order):Omaha 8Razz2-7 Triple DrawDouble Flop OmahaStud 8Badugi3-2-1 OmahaA-5 Triple Draw High Low 8 or better4 Card Ocean Crazy PineappleBaduciLost $300 in these, but had more fun than anything else for my trip. Crashed HARD at 4am (Vegas has a way of catching up with you. ) and spent Monday shopping, eating some more and playing some more 2-4 limit. I walked from IP to Sahara and won about $50 before I went back to IP to packe and nap before the 3:30am wake up to come back. Great time, great fun, lost $300 for the trip, but worth it. Sorry so long, but I like reading the detailed trip reports and decided to write one for a change.Cliff Notes:5 days in VegasDrank lots of beer, ate good food, played loads of pokerIP is not the Bellagio, but great tables and the dealertainers are a hootSahara 7PM tourney is fun to chopSunday 7pm mixed games at the IP is the best!!!!Got to meet Johnny fucking Chan

Did you immediately Stone Cold Stunner Johnny Chan after this picture?
LOL....I was gonna say something very close to this.
LOL
LOL....I was gonna say something very close to this.
Damn, you read my mind!! looooooool
Chan was so scared his hair is standin up so he was like, "Oh man, I better shake his hand so I don't get a Stone Cold Stunner." Poor guy.
Chan was so scared his hair is standin up so he was like, "Oh man, I better shake his hand so I don't get a Stone Cold Stunner." Poor guy.
Sigh. Should've stopped at your first one. :club:
Why does Johnny Chan look like he is giving you his hand to kiss it.
Because he's Johnny "FUCKING" Chan, that's why.Nice report. I would be interested in learning to play some of those mixed games so I can introduce them to my Wednesday night poker game (we mostly play stud/8 and variations of it, looking for something new).
Gave it my best Scotty impression. I got $20 in gray chips for tippint the waitress and had 5 left at the FT.
This is the only way to play those goofy tourneys. Checkymcfold and I perfected this at the 2am PH tourney for a week straight.Nice trip report.[x] pink shirt
Too much pleasure from doing it myself. You better hope I get behind on hands for some reason.
Hell, I'll put in hands FOR you if you want! Sure they might not be winning ones, but we all remember yesterday :club:
Hell, I'll put in hands FOR you if you want! Sure they might not be winning ones, but we all remember yesterday :club:
Ummmmmm.........yeah.......everyone.........there is going to be a beatdown in Vegas at some point.