Get Daniel's Power Hold'em For Only $4.

Okay, so I got an extra copy of the book (my friend gave me an early Christmas gift knowing I was a big Daniel fan) and I decided instead of putting it on eBay or Amazon or whatever, I would have some fun and make a contest out of it.Now, because I live in California, it is illegal for me to hold a random lottery. So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to have nine people give me $4 and one of them will get the book. I'm going to make a private online poker NLHE tournament on PokerStars ($5.50 since that's the minimum) and whoever gets first place will get the book. I will even pay for the shipping (via Media Mail) since the list price of the book is $34.95.Here's how to qualify. Be one of the first nine people to send me $4 on PokerStars (patho) and make sure you include your FCP username under the additional instruction field. When I get the money, I will give you the password for the tournament. Please do not give out the password to others. If I see a name registered for the tournament and it is not one that is supposed to be there this contest will be null and void. So, please do not ruin it for others. I won't be able to cancel the tournament but I will give back a refund of the $4 paid to me.I will stop accepting people once it has filled up or if it has passed 23:59PST on 12-8-08. If it does not fill up by midnight tonight, I will give back the money to those that paid me.Here are the restrictions:1) Must have a valid account on FCP (so I can PM you the password)2) Must have an account on PokerStars (since that's where I will make the private tourney)3) Must live in the US because I'm only going to ship in the States.4) Make sure you can play at the time of the tournament. It is set for December 9, 2008. 13:00PST/16:00EST. Tournament ID is 125802239.5) No refunds unless it does not fill up or the contest becomes void in the way stated above.After you win please PM me with your address so I can send you the book. I will also try to be observing the game, so I can see you win, as well as cheer you guys on as the game is in progress.There's just one request I hope for. When you do receive your prize if you can write a testimonial so people can see I have a good reputation. I hope this is a success and if people like it, I can try it again in the future.PS. This is not a scam, so if you don't have anything positive to say...well, you know. I just wanted to try something different and hopefully fun.

This sounds kinda sketchy
I swear to you this is on the up and up. It's a shame that people are so cynical nowadays. But, I understand, since people seem to get scammed a lot. However, I'm am being serious with this.
I swear to you this is on the up and up. It's a shame that people are so cynical nowadays. But, I understand, since people seem to get scammed a lot. However, I'm am being serious with this.
My way is still easier
Okay, so I got an extra copy of the book (my friend gave me an early Christmas gift knowing I was a big Daniel fan) and I decided instead of putting it on eBay or Amazon or whatever, I would have some fun and make a contest out of it.Now, because I live in California, it is illegal for me to hold a random lottery. So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to have nine people give me $4 and one of them will get the book. I'm going to make a private online poker NLHE tournament on PokerStars ($5.50 since that's the minimum) and whoever gets first place will get the book. I will even pay for the shipping (via Media Mail) since the list price of the book is $34.95.Here's how to qualify. Be one of the first nine people to send me $4 on PokerStars (patho) and make sure you include your FCP username under the additional instruction field. When I get the money, I will give you the password for the tournament. Please do not give out the password to others. If I see a name registered for the tournament and it is not one that is supposed to be there this contest will be null and void. So, please do not ruin it for others. I won't be able to cancel the tournament but I will give back a refund of the $4 paid to me.I will stop accepting people once it has filled up or if it has passed 23:59PST on 12-8-08. If it does not fill up by midnight tonight, I will give back the money to those that paid me.Here are the restrictions:1) Must have a valid account on FCP (so I can PM you the password)2) Must have an account on PokerStars (since that's where I will make the private tourney)3) Must live in the US because I'm only going to ship in the States.4) Make sure you can play at the time of the tournament. It is set for December 9, 2008. 13:00PST/16:00EST. Tournament ID is 125802239.5) No refunds unless it does not fill up or the contest becomes void in the way stated above.After you win please PM me with your address so I can send you the book. I will also try to be observing the game, so I can see you win, as well as cheer you guys on as the game is in progress.There's just one request I hope for. When you do receive your prize if you can write a testimonial so people can see I have a good reputation. I hope this is a success and if people like it, I can try it again in the future.PS. This is not a scam, so if you don't have anything positive to say...well, you know. I just wanted to try something different and hopefully fun.
I would have SO busted you on this...

So its $4 plus the $5.50 to enter the tourney. $9.50 for a one and nine chance of winning a book?I just started up my fireplace and threw $9.50 in it. So I can't afford this.

So its $4 plus the $5.50 to enter the tourney. $9.50 for a one and nine chance of winning a book?I just started up my fireplace and threw $9.50 in it. So I can't afford this.
Well, I would rather have a free tournament as well, but I'm not able to when using the Create Private Tournament option. $5.50 is the lowest I can set it at.

I'm game, but I have a modification to suggest.Since PokerStars only allows private tourneys to have a minimum buyin of $5.50, but you want to have it be a $4 contest with first prize being a winner-take-all book, here is what I propose:1) You set up a private $5.50 NLHE tournament on Stars2) Everyone who wants to join, post a reply here with their Stars username3) You transfer each person $1.50 (this is the net result of you transferring each player $5.50 to allow them to enter the tournament for free and them transferring $4 back to you for the cost of the book prize pool)4) Each player then enters the tournament and all people who finish in the money transfer their prize pool back to you5) You ship the book to the winner

I'm game, but I have a modification to suggest.Since PokerStars only allows private tourneys to have a minimum buyin of $5.50, but you want to have it be a $4 contest with first prize being a winner-take-all book, here is what I propose:1) You set up a private $5.50 NLHE tournament on Stars2) Everyone who wants to join, post a reply here with their Stars username3) You transfer each person $1.50 (this is the net result of you transferring each player $5.50 to allow them to enter the tournament for free and them transferring $4 back to you for the cost of the book prize pool)4) Each player then enters the tournament and all people who finish in the money transfer their prize pool back to you5) You ship the book to the winner
Yes, but then I run the risk of people not holding up their end of the bargain. I'd rather just be the only one responsible, rather than making sure everyone that cashed do their part. I also run the risk of a lot of people just taking the $1.50.I like the idea of trying to get it lower, but I need a more trustworthy system. I'm open to suggestions.
Yes, but then I run the risk of people not holding up their end of the bargain. I'd rather just be the only one responsible, rather than making sure everyone that cashed do their part.I like the idea of trying to get it lower, but I need a more trustworthy system. I'm open to suggestions.
This way, you can set the stipulations as to who joins the tournament (only reliable FCP posters with proven track records) rather than -for example- an unknown poster with 100 posts per se, who starts a rather dubious thread which tries to get people to ship him money for a book which he has no proof that he even owns...
How is this any different than a random lottery?
In a random lottery, one has no ability to control the outcome of an event whatsoever. In a game of poker, some people may be better than others and can have an advantage.
This way, you can set the stipulations as to who joins the tournament (only reliable FCP posters with proven track records) rather than -for example- an unknown poster with 100 posts per se, who starts a rather dubious thread which tries to get people to ship him money for a book which he has no proof that he even owns...
Why are people so quick to not believe anyone? Yes, I understand this is based on an honor system but I swear to you, I'm being extremely honest here.
umm. I think you're forgetting the fact that the winners will win money from the tournament.so basically the guy who wins the 5.50 sng will win a book and money.the OP has been here since 2005. i think if he wanted to scam for 30 bucks, he would have tried it already.