Decent Draw , A Bit Deepish

Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $200.50UTG+1: $395.75CO: $247.70Hero: $229.45SB: $116.60BB: $95.40Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T :D 9 :D J :3h 6 :D UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $3.5, CO calls, Hero raises to $15.5, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.Flop: J :4h 8 :5c 5 :club: ($48, 3 players)UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $48, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.Turn: A :ts ($192, 3 players)UTG+1 bets $192, CO folds, HeroUTG+1 is 39/7/0.74 over 250 hands.I 3-betted preflop thinking he has aces. If he 4-bets me , i was still gonna be in a good spot in position with a good hand knowing what my opponent has and still with plenty of money behind. But since he flatted pf , i am not sure if he hasd aces or not. Feel free to comment on any street.

Huge 3-bet with middle cards in Omaha looks like a spew to me, regardless of whether he has aces or not. I would think you would want pot control early so you have odds to draw. Turn bet by villain screams three aces with weak or no draws behind. You may have the odds to call turn bet.

I don't see the villain with a set here, but I'd be concerned about A :club: X :ts {big card} {big card}.

Huge 3-bet with middle cards in Omaha looks like a spew to me, regardless of whether he has aces or not. I would think you would want pot control early so you have odds to draw. Turn bet by villain screams three aces with weak or no draws behind. You may have the odds to call turn bet.
3-betting preflop with big cards are the real spew imo because you can never call a 4-bet profitablely and you will probably be way behind against any aces. However by 3-betting with this kind of middle cards i have a lot of ways for winning the pot ,1)Taking down majority of Ace high flops with a c-bet.2) Hitting a lot of middle flops where opponents will stack off a lot lighter cus they will put us on aces or big cards3)Checking behind on flop and getting a free card , delayed c-bet or any other trick in the book.When you 3-bet preflop with middle cards often , people will start playing back at you at ace high flops too. Your aces will get paid off a lot more times.
3-betting preflop with big cards are the real spew imo because you can never call a 4-bet profitablely and you will probably be way behind against any aces. However by 3-betting with this kind of middle cards i have a lot of ways for winning the pot ,1)Taking down majority of Ace high flops with a c-bet.2) Hitting a lot of middle flops where opponents will stack off a lot lighter cus they will put us on aces or big cards3)Checking behind on flop and getting a free card , delayed c-bet or any other trick in the book.When you 3-bet preflop with middle cards often , people will start playing back at you at ace high flops too. Your aces will get paid off a lot more times.
That makes sense thanks. I play more tournies than cash so that may have gotten in the way, or I'm just a bigger noob at Omaha than I thought, lol
That makes sense thanks. I play more tournies than cash so that may have gotten in the way, or I'm just a bigger noob at Omaha than I thought, lol
I don't play any tournies but i believe preflop decisions are bit different than cash games because obviously you can't rebuy and move on.*****************************I am pretty surprised noone said "check flop behind" tho. It wasn't an easy bet for me.

Really, you 3-bet thinking he has Aces. Are you that comfortable if he 4-bets? Doesn't that put too much money in PF?

Really, you 3-bet thinking he has Aces. Are you that comfortable if he 4-bets? Doesn't that put too much money in PF?
Well i am not saying its mathematically the best decision. But it definitely forces him to make a mistake for a lot of money postflop. My hand plays very good against aces and I will be very rarely stacking off as a dog on any flop but he will be stacking off as a dog pretty often.

Actually, now you mention it, I think checking behind on the flop is probably better. I was thinking about preflop and turn more than anything else.Means you win the pot less often, but the range that plays back at you on this flop will probably have you in a bit of trouble. I think you'll probably end up playing a $500 pot as a dog.

Actually, now you mention it, I think checking behind on the flop is probably better. I was thinking about preflop and turn more than anything else.Means you win the pot less often, but the range that plays back at you on this flop will probably have you in a bit of trouble. I think you'll probably end up playing a $500 pot as a dog.
Yeah looking at it again , if someone repots me on flop i am very rarely way ahead but flipping most of the time if not already behind.

Simo saw you say you might be flipping - he'd now like to change his reply. Gamboool.Seriously though, I'd typed out a blurb about checking back the flop, but I erased it. I like betting there.

I think if your putting him on AAxx preflop, it is an automatic c-bet on that kind of board. I think thats the easiest part of the hand. I generally don't 3bet that kind of hand in that spot. AA will have a hard time calling there unless he has hearts to go along.I think turn is a fold.How do you play it if you are repotted flop?

Against AAxx w/hearts:http://twodimes.net/h/?z=5490034

pokenum  -o jc tc 9h 6h  - ah as 2h 4s  -- jh 8h 5d Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 5d Jh 8hcards		  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie	 EVJc Tc 9h 6h	345  42.07   475  57.93	0  0.00  0.421As 4s Ah 2h	475  57.93   345  42.07	0  0.00  0.579

Against naked nut flush draw:http://twodimes.net/h/?z=5490036

pokenum  -o jc tc 9h 6h  - ah ks 2h 4s  -- jh 8h 5d Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 5d Jh 8hcards		  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie	 EVJc Tc 9h 6h	448  54.63   372  45.37	0  0.00  0.546Ks 4s Ah 2h	372  45.37   448  54.63	0  0.00  0.454

TPTK+NFD:http://twodimes.net/h/?z=5490040

pokenum  -o jc tc 9h 6h  - ah js 2h 4s  -- jh 8h 5d Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 5d Jh 8hcards		  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie	 EVJc Tc 9h 6h	334  40.73   486  59.27	0  0.00  0.407Js 4s Ah 2h	486  59.27   334  40.73	0  0.00  0.593

Naked set:http://twodimes.net/h/?z=5490047

pokenum  -o jc tc 9h 6h  - 8s 8c 2h 4s  -- jh 8h 5d Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 5d Jh 8hcards		  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie	 EVJc Tc 9h 6h	365  44.51   455  55.49	0  0.00  0.4458s 4s 8c 2h	455  55.49   365  44.51	0  0.00  0.555

We just don't have great equity against anything that really likes that flop. Even against a naked flush draw we are only 55%.I don't hate betting because we aren't often crushed, but I just think that taking/giving a free card here is probably better.