There may be a couple fewer seated ATMs at your average 2/5 table than there are at your average 1/2 table, but after thousands of hours of live play in both games, I really have not seen more than a marginal skill difference between 1/2 and 2/5. So as long as you could find good CAPPED buy in games, why play 1/2? Also, I think $40/hr is not totally unrealistic in a place like Vegas if you were a hit and run master and knew the floor in every room and got on tables without waiting, etc etc etc. The only bad part is the waiting lists, and distance between rooms.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that goes out to all u dumbasses that contribute ZERO POKER KNOWLEDGE. The dreamers the guys who dont have the balls to do what a lot of others do. Dont talk shit if u cant back it up. And for you shit talkers who have posted ur shit come play me pussiesI BEG YOUID LOVE TO OWN YOU IN FRONT OF ALL YOUR FAG FRIENDSPOST YOUR SN ONCE U GET AN ACCOUNT AT CAKE POKER

And that goes out to all u dumbasses that contribute ZERO POKER KNOWLEDGE. The dreamers the guys who dont have the balls to do what a lot of others do. Dont talk shit if u cant back it up. And for you shit talkers who have posted ur shit come play me pussiesI BEG YOUID LOVE TO OWN YOU IN FRONT OF ALL YOUR FAG FRIENDSPOST YOUR SN ONCE U GET AN ACCOUNT AT CAKE POKER
It's also important to your 1/2 win rate to not tilt.
sorry if i came off wrong earlier guys, just was irritated at some stupid posters who contribute zero to my questions. I see some of them still post (they must have no life)
I think in general (in General?) the kind of responses one gets to a thread tend to match the quality of the original post. There is likely something in the way you have posted that evoked this kind of response.
This is if i run good of course, if i run bad and hit a downswing then there is no chance in hell, but i do think its possible. I think if your a great player and can dominate that level youd be surprised at how much u can earn
I think this part shows some naivete and makes me skeptical that you actually played for a living for any considerable amount of time. If you are talking about the long run, you must assume that you will run very very badly for some amount of time at some point, and that probably it will be worse than you can imagine. There is no chance in hell that you won't hit a downswing at some point. That's just the way it works. That's why people don't believe that this winrate can be sustained.

GET SPRUNGAGAIN YOU PUSSYLOAD ON CAKE POST YOUR SNSTOP TRYING TO AVOID THE CHALLENGEYOU PROB A BROKE FAGTHERES ONLY A FEW MORONS THAT UNFORTUNATELY NEED TO BE PUT IN THEIR PLACEITS THE GUYS SITTING AT THEYRE 9-5 DESKJOBS MAKING 15$/HR BROWSING THROUGH POKER FORUMS BEING ASSES THAT THINK THEY KNOW POKERLOSERS

Ah! I see you have mastered "emotional control". That will be of great use to you at the tables. GL.
GET SPRUNGAGAIN YOU PUSSYLOAD ON CAKE POST YOUR SNSTOP TRYING TO AVOID THE CHALLENGEYOU PROB A BROKE FAGTHERES ONLY A FEW MORONS THAT UNFORTUNATELY NEED TO BE PUT IN THEIR PLACEITS THE GUYS SITTING AT THEYRE 9-5 DESKJOBS MAKING 75$/HR BROWSING THROUGH POKER FORUMS BEING ASSES THAT THINK THEY KNOW POKERLOSERS
FYP.

VBNAUTILUS thank you for the response. Yes I completely agree with what your saying downswings are inevevitable. Me and a buddy were just arguing if it were possible to make 40$/hr at 1/2nl in vegas if u can crush the game. I think it is. Downswings happen you cant play poker for a living and not go thru a downswing, its impossible. By downswing im not talking ur small downsings tho. By downsing im talking 6 month downsings or more which could happen. So i guess it depends on what you consider a downsing. Month to month variance imo is not considered a downswing i.e losing months

It's also important to your 1/2 win rate to not tilt.
A+ As for retard boy....The reason you are not getting many 'real' answers is cause anyone that is as good as you claim to be would already know that winning $40 an hour at 1/2....Wherever it is....Is...Wait for it.......Wait for it..........Impossible. And further more I would rather gouge my eyes with flaming sticks then sit at a 1/2 game for 8 hours a day 6 days a week to squeek out a pittance of a living. Grind your local 1/2 game untill you have a bankroll and can consistently beat 5/10 and up and then maybe consider moving to Vegas to attain your Matt Damon from Rounders little dreams. There is a reason that no one plays 1/2nl for a living and it has nothing to do with skill. As far as your little head up for rollz challenge that I know is coming in your next post because of your inability to say "Hmmm I may be wrong about this whole 1/2nl for a living thing." I politely decline
Do I think im top 95% of 1/2nl in vegas, yes without a doubt.
You're in the top 95% of 1/2 nl in Vegas? -------------------------------------------------Top 95%-------------------------------------------------Bottom 5%-------------------------------------------------So you're better than 5% of the field?Okay. Where do you play and how can someone find you?
VBNAUTILUS thank you for the response. Yes I completely agree with what your saying downswings are inevevitable. Me and a buddy were just arguing if it were possible to make 40$/hr at 1/2nl in vegas if u can crush the game. I think it is. Downswings happen you cant play poker for a living and not go thru a downswing, its impossible. By downswing im not talking ur small downsings tho. By downsing im talking 6 month downsings or more which could happen. So i guess it depends on what you consider a downsing. Month to month variance imo is not considered a downswing i.e losing months
Maybe the problem is that you dont understand what a winrate is.....

LOL CAUSE IM SURE WHAT YOU DO ISNT A PITTANCE OF A LIVING RIGHT?????IS THIS WHY YOU BROWSE FCP FORUMS AND OFFER ZERO POKER KNOWLEDGEYOUR RIGHT MY LIFE SUCKS I WORK WHEN I WANT I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DO WHATEVER I WANT AND GO WHEREVER I WANTMY LIFE SUCKS LOL COMPARED TO YOURS

LOL CAUSE IM SURE WHAT YOU DO ISNT A PITTANCE OF A LIVING RIGHT?????IS THIS WHY YOU BROWSE FCP FORUMS AND OFFER ZERO POKER KNOWLEDGE IN THREADS THAT ARE COMPLETELY RETARDEDYOUR RIGHT MY LIFE SUCKS I WORK WHEN I WANT I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DO WHATEVER I WANT AND GO WHEREVER I WANT. MY LIFE SUCKS LOL COMPARED TO YOURS
Why are you moving then?
There may be a couple fewer seated ATMs at your average 2/5 table than there are at your average 1/2 table, but after thousands of hours of live play in both games, I really have not seen more than a marginal skill difference between 1/2 and 2/5. So as long as you could find good CAPPED buy in games, why play 1/2? Also, I think $40/hr is not totally unrealistic in a place like Vegas if you were a hit and run master and knew the floor in every room and got on tables without waiting, etc etc etc. The only bad part is the waiting lists, and distance between rooms.
you be surprised at what kind of crazy games you can find on a vegas night. Drunk guys at the table who go allin and tell you what they have and people playing 2/5nl that dont know how to post blinds...only in vegas
You're in the top 95% of 1/2 nl in Vegas? -------------------------------------------------Top 95%-------------------------------------------------Bottom 5%-------------------------------------------------So you're better than 5% of the field?Okay. Where do you play and how can someone find you?
Lol you know what i meant

you would of got alot better responses if you didnt post some douchy remarks .. thats what brought all the flamers to you dude.you have gotten alot of great responses telling you its gonna be very hard but you ignore tham and try to factor that your superior to others in 1/2 nl.this is not gonna prove anything either challenging hu4rollz thats just silly and immature "much like the ones your calling out" pot meet kettle type thing.just a quick question how old are you ?