Returning To The Magical Realm Of Online Poker

For the record mods- I posted this in the "online poker" forum but got one response that didn't really help me at all. Thus, me posting it here.I'm looking to put some money back online after brushing up my game live in Vegas. I'm pretty much going to be sticking to low limit (.5/1 or 1/2) holdem, and mixed games of similar limits. I'm going to probably play a sit-n-go here or there and every now and then play in a tourney, but that's really not my main goal. I'm just looking to start up an online bankroll again, and work my way up (hopefully) from the low limits. I feel as if I have a much better grasp on LHE out of all the games, and pretty much want to know which site has softer low limit games- Full Tilt or Stars?I realize there are other sites out there, but I've played on both of these before and am comfortable with the software. I also don't adjust well to change. or new underwear.

Ah, nevermind. :club:
Yeah, I've tried to set it up before but because I've had accounts there before it won't let me, which sucks.I might just put a little on both, I haven't decided, but I am definately going to put money on stars. I actually think I like the FT software better, because it was the first software I ever used and used it for the majority of my online "career", but I've also played stars on and off for a while, so I am comfortable with that as well.I know there are some players that swear by game selection and it's correlation to success in online poker. Any tips as far as what I'm looking for when picking my table? I took a long break from poker and am just now getting back into it, so this is why some of these questions seem rather noobish.

If it weren't for rakeback I wouldn't bother with FT at all. The selection on Stars just dwarfs what's available on FT. Take LO8 as an example on both sites. On Stars you can play micro stakes and can easily get a seat at any level. On FT the cash games start at .25-.50 and there are usually only two tables going with a waitlist on each table (in the evenings, when I play).

On Stars you can play micro stakes and can easily get a seat at any level. On FT the cash games start at .25-.50 and there are usually only two tables going with a waitlist on each table (in the evenings, when I play).
Wow - I had no idea.I did notice that over 180,000 people were online at Stars yesterday afternoon. I think they've been averaging over 140,000 during the weeknights that I play.

I don't have any real experience with Stars recently, but I would suggest FullTilt. The rakeback is huge. I came back recently playing similar limits to what you want to play and I'd say rakeback has accounted for more than half of my profit so far. I actually tend to think it's kinda foolish to play low limits without rakeback. Of course, if you already have a Tilt account and don't have rakeback for whatever reason, then I guess you're just screwed.

Wow - I had no idea.I did notice that over 180,000 people were online at Stars yesterday afternoon. I think they've been averaging over 140,000 during the weeknights that I play.
Yup, Stars averages about twice as much traffic as FT does.If you're purely a holdem player, it doesn't matter much. But if you like variety then Stars is way, way better.

I have an account on FTP but I hardly ever play there. Probably played 5 sng's lifetime there. So, how do I know if I've got rakeback or not? I signed up through pokerlistings but I'm still not sure if I have rakeback. I entered a promotion code and that's it.

I have an account on FTP but I hardly ever play there. Probably played 5 sng's lifetime there. So, how do I know if I've got rakeback or not? I signed up through pokerlistings but I'm still not sure if I have rakeback. I entered a promotion code and that's it.
You don't have rakeback. If you did, you would know. You also may be screwed on getting it since you signed up through an affiliate.
I started and have always played on Stars. I have had to grind up a roll many times in the low LHE games there and find them to be very very soft. If you play enough, the VIP program there can be very good, but if you aren't going to consistently put in decent volume, you may want to find a site where you can get rakeback. Rake is an incredibly large factor in small stakes LHE, as I'm sure you know.
X-posted. Gl. Post in the LHE challenge thread. It's the best thread in GenPop imo.

If you cant get rakeback Stars ftw...If you havent played on your Full Tilt account in 6 months though email them and tell them you will come back if you can get rakeback...after a few emails it tends to work...if you havent played in 6 months or didnt sign up through an affiliate they are able to take you away from your original affiliate and put you with one that offers rakeback...its def worth giving it a try...then if it works put money on both sites and then mainly play your cash games on FT and Sngs and Tourneys on PS...