Hero has been playing TAG. Took big pot off of villain AA>AK AIPFVillain is FCP's own Aimhigher. Definitely a $25 reg who plays TAG PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flowButton ($26.25)SB ($27.50)BB ($29.60)Hero (UTG) ($61.60)MP ($26.75)597013.gifPreflop: Hero is UTG with 4club.gif, 4heart.gifHero raises to $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75Flop: ($3.10) 8heart.gif, 9diamond.gif, 4spade.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, Button calls $2, 1 foldTurn: ($7.10) 5heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($7.10) 10heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button raises to $23.25 (All-In), Hero calls $17.25Total pot: $53.60 | Rake: $2Is the check on the turn ok? Comment on all streets please

I'd bet that turn almost everytime - you have to try and extract value for strong hands, unless you were planning to c/raise and he's shown to be aggressive n you think he'd stack off with 2pair or a draw, I don't like that checkWhen you called the raise on the river what did you think he had? You can't think 'I has the set, I call' - assign him something based on play. Flopped 2pair, he'd raise flop or bet turn - picked up a set, he'd likely bet turn or raise flop - overpair, he'd do the same....As it is, you've let him draw cheap and he's probably backdoored a floosh or straight...or he's on complete air, but it's such a weird line for a bluff i'd likely look him up fairly light there if there was metagame

Bet, bet, bet.Bet 5.50-6 on the turn and re-eval river.As played, I have a hard time folding, but it's probably the right play, poker forum reg or not you just don't see bluff shoving on the river at 25nl enough for it to be a profitable call long-run.

Bet, bet, bet.Bet 5.50-6 on the turn and re-eval river.As played, I have a hard time folding, but it's probably the right play, poker forum reg or not you just don't see bluff shoving on the river at 25nl enough for it to be a profitable call long-run.
This.Is there a specific reason you checked the turn?
This.Is there a specific reason you checked the turn?
I put villain on a pair such as TT-JJ and was looking for the CRAI. I didn't know if I could induce a shovel by betting, but obv. that is the right move?

Would Aimhigher really call a CRAI on the turn with TT? I don't think so...you stackadonk actual donks, not thinking players. With that said I think the turn check is fine because you want to represent worse than a set of fours. If he knows you barrel only with big hands or air, then you can definitely mix it up and check here when strong to represent a "pot control hand" like JJ. As played the river is a fold...I suppose he could be putting you on JJ+ and thinks he can bluff you off your overpair. But we're just losing to so many legitimate hands that make the same move; other than bluffs, we have to pray that he's severely overplaying top two pair here.

Hero has been playing TAG. Took big pot off of villain AA>AK AIPFIs the check on the turn ok? Comment on all streets please
checking the turn is awful. some might quibble with 4x BB PF UTG with 44. the river is awful. I get folded when I time bank out.

Turn check is bad.I like ch/c on the river much better than bet/call. I like bet/fold better on the river than b/c. Actually I think open folding is the only thing I like less than b/c.

Villain is FCP's own Aimhigher. Definitely a $25 reg who plays TAG
Just another point why are you playing at a table with another FCP'er. I dont know if you or him are a 20 tabler so there are no tables without you or him on it but at 25nl there is no need to sit at a table with anyone who can tie their shoes, let alone a fcp grinder.In otherwords make sure you both table select.

I would only check the turn with a set against someone I know is super floaty. As long as you bet the turn with other hands reasonably often you shouldn't feel the need to try to disguise your hand. Plus I'm not sure calling the river shove is a good thing, villain (seeing his stats confirms this) is a bit of a nit. Having said that, not really sure what he shows up with, and due to that fact I think I do call here sometimes. I mean apart from backdoor hearts what could he possibly have. Wouldn't he bet the turn sometimes with heart overcards?

Just another point why are you playing at a table with another FCP'er. I dont know if you or him are a 20 tabler so there are no tables without you or him on it but at 25nl there is no need to sit at a table with anyone who can tie their shoes, let alone a fcp grinder.In otherwords make sure you both table select.
I actually tied my shoes for the first time earlier this week. We had a party to celebrate.
MP was like a 73/6 so there was plenty of free moneys!
dont stop betting.
Bet, bet, bet.
Is there a specific reason you checked the turn?
Think you get the point...
I put villain on a pair such as TT-JJ and was looking for the CRAI. I didn't know if I could induce a shovel by betting, but obv. that is the right move?
People would much rather call than bet at lower limits. Do remember that.:club:

True, I haven't taught AH the river bluff-raise yet. =)(And he doesn't overvalue hands like he once did.)You said that you put him on JJ/TT on the turn. If so, CRAI is a bad line. Also, if that's his range, why call the river?

True, I haven't taught AH the river bluff-raise yet. =)(And he doesn't overvalue hands like he once did.)You said that you put him on JJ/TT on the turn. If so, CRAI is a bad line. Also, if that's his range, why call the river?
B/c I'm a spew donk and just wanted to see the TT :club: But in all honesty, I don't really know why I called the river, I really was telling myself that the only card I didn't want to see was the T, but it came. I know think I definitely should have bet the turn after talking with him about the hand b/c of my aggro tendencies that he knows I have. But the hand wasn't posted b/c he won the pot, I my biggest question was seeing how horrible I actually played the turn. I guess, move on and play another day