Florida Vs. Alabama; Sec Title And...

My god dude i ****ing hate Alabama but i respect what they did in going undefeated. If you can't respect that and start making excuses for all their wins then you are a lost cause. They came ready to play every damn game and took care of business. Only a couple other teams did that this year. I'm not bragging on any of there wins either but point is THEY GOT IT DONE. Now they get to play Florida and I think they will lose but up until now how can you not give them respect?And thanks for bringing out you prehistoric "since 1901" numbers for me. I was waitng for that. Sorry the Big 10 doesnt get as much respect as the SEC. Maybe you should email those "numbers" to all the media outlets that create the "SEC hype train".

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god dude i ****ing hate Alabama but i respect what they did in going undefeated. If you can't respect that and start making excuses for all their wins then you are a lost cause. They came ready to play every damn game and took care of business. Only a couple other teams did that this year. I'm not bragging on any of there wins either but point is THEY GOT IT DONE. Now they get to play Florida and I think they will lose but up until now how can you not give them respect?And thanks for bringing out you prehistoric "since 1901" numbers for me. I was waitng for that. Sorry the Big 10 doesnt get as much respect as the SEC. Maybe you should email those "numbers" to all the media outlets that create the "SEC hype train".
Do you guys actually read?I gave credit to Alabama for beating everyone in front of them. I also pointed out how now a couple of those wins are not as impressive as they first appeared due to the teams they beating continuing to suck afterwords. If Clemson was a legit top 10 team like the preseason polls thought they would, that win would carry more weight. If GA played defense like everyone is the SEC is supposed to, that win would carry more weight. IS there something difficult to comprehend about that? I'm not saying that is Alabama's fault, I'm just saying their schedule doesn't look nearly as tough as it once did, and this might be the reason the #1 team in the land is nearly a 10 point underdog this week.
OK the first part i bolded may be one of the stupidest things I have heard. A win is a win dude, and if you go undefeated throughout an entire regualar season then that team has nothing but my praise. And I dont care what conference they are in.Maybe the reason SEC teams that have one loss still get into the National Title hunt is because, well, they win them. The reason big 10 teams dont get respect for title hunt talk is because, well, they lose them. 123ABC
Big Ten is 1-2 in BCS title games. It's not fantastic, but it's not Florida State being 0-9 in their last 9 bowl games, either..and the Big Ten overall has actually done okay in BCS games overall.
All I know is that the SEC is gonna have two teams in BCS bowls and will be playing for it's third straight national title and will be the favorite to do so. Oh, but it's all hype.
1.) The Big Ten has had two teams in the BCS quite a few times, so that must mean they're really good too, right? 2.) Having the best team in the nation in your conference does not mean you have the best conference overall. Talking about national title contenders when talking about conference strength is like saying that because Budweiser is a good beer that Busch Light and Natural Light are also good beers because they come from the same brewer. 3.) Alabama would not be a favorite over anyone they play in a BCS title game.
All I know is that the SEC is gonna have two teams in BCS bowls and will be playing for it's third straight national title and will be the favorite to do so. Oh, but it's all hype.
If Florida loses, do they still get into a BCS Bowl as a 2-loss team?
Big Ten is 1-2 in BCS title games. It's not fantastic, but it's not Florida State being 0-9 in their last 9 bowl games, either..and the Big Ten overall has actually done okay in BCS games overall. 1.) The Big Ten has had two teams in the BCS quite a few times, so that must mean they're really good too, right? 2.) Having the best team in the nation in your conference does not mean you have the best conference overall. Talking about national title contenders when talking about conference strength is like saying that because Budweiser is a good beer that Busch Light and Natural Light are also good beers because they come from the same brewer. 3.) Alabama would not be a favorite over anyone they play in a BCS title game.
The Big Ten has been good in the past. It's not the only criteria for being good. I'm also not arguing that the SEC is a dominant conference this year. If Alabama beat Florida on a neutral field this Saturday, they most definitely will be the favorite over everybody. Right now..everyone has Florida as their best team in the nation it seems like...if Alabama beats them this Saturday...they'll be undefeated with road/neutral wins over LSU, Georgia, Florida, and dominant wins over plenty of other teams..they most definitely would be a favorite over any other team in the nation.
The Big Ten has been good in the past. It's not the only criteria for being good. I'm also not arguing that the SEC is a dominant conference this year. If Alabama beat Florida on a neutral field this Saturday, they most definitely will be the favorite over everybody. Right now..everyone has Florida as their best team in the nation it seems like...if Alabama beats them this Saturday...they'll be undefeated with road/neutral wins over LSU, Georgia, Florida, and dominant wins over plenty of other teams..they most definitely would be a favorite over any other team in the nation.
LSU was not a great win, they are terrible.. and Georgia's defense has all the toughness of an English Muffin..but, either way.. I'd be willing to bet money though, that Alabama would be a dog to Oklahoma or Texas, should the occasion arise, if you're interested. Also, If Florida loses, the SEC will not get two teams in the BCS.
LSU was not a great win, they are terrible.. and Georgia's defense has all the toughness of an English Muffin..but, either way.. I'd be willing to bet money though, that Alabama would be a dog to Oklahoma or Texas, should the occasion arise, if you're interested. Also, If Florida loses, the SEC will not get two teams in the BCS.
LOL, whatever. It's too bad you guys are fooled by the commom misconception that more points scored = better teams. No Georgia and LSU aren't great teams, but they are far from terrible...and Florida and Bama are both great teams. Just because Alabama's offense is focused on controlling the ball and clock more and slowly dominating games instead of scoring quick doesn't mean we aren't as good as other offenses. Our O-line and D-line has completely dominated every unit we've faced this season....and it very well could happen again this Saturday.
Also, If Florida loses, the SEC will not get two teams in the BCS.
I was just looking at the BCS rankings and I think they actually would still have a good chance.It's pretty clear if Florida and Oklahoma win: They're in as conference champs. Big East and ACC champs are in. Penn State and USC are in (assuming USC wins) as conference champs. Alabama is in. Texas and Texas Tech get in. Final spot goes to one of Boise State or Utah. I guess the question is if Oklahoma or Florida loses, would a Bowl choose an undefeated non-BCS school over a 2-loss BCS school? I don't think Ohio State jumps over either of those teams.
LOL, whatever. It's too bad you guys are fooled by the commom misconception that more points scored = better teams. No Georgia and LSU aren't great teams, but they are far from terrible...and Florida and Bama are both great teams. Just because Alabama's offense is focused on controlling the ball and clock more and slowly dominating games instead of scoring quick doesn't mean we aren't as good as other offenses. Our O-line and D-line has completely dominated every unit we've faced this season....and it very well could happen again this Saturday.
Dude..I've watched LSU play three games this year, they're not good. Sorry.
I was just looking at the BCS rankings and I think they actually would still have a good chance.It's pretty clear if Florida and Oklahoma win: They're in as conference champs. Big East and ACC champs are in. Penn State and USC are in (assuming USC wins) as conference champs. Alabama is in. Texas and Texas Tech get in. Final spot goes to one of Boise State or Utah. I guess the question is if Oklahoma or Florida loses, would a Bowl choose an undefeated non-BCS school over a 2-loss BCS school? I don't think Ohio State jumps over either of those teams.
Um..no. Ohio State is almost guaranteed a spot now that Oregon State lost. Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma all three can't get in, so you're already one spot off there. If Florida loses, Boise State or Utah would almost assuredly take their spot and Florida would go to the Cap One.
Um..no. Ohio State is almost guaranteed a spot now that Oregon State lost. Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma all three can't get in, so you're already one spot off there. If Florida loses, Boise State or Utah would almost assuredly take their spot and Florida would go to the Cap One.
I didn't realize a conference couldn't have three teams get in, so Ohio State takes Tech's place. The question is still whether both Boise and Utah get in over Florida. Only one non-BCS school gets the automatic bid for finishing in the top 12. You don't think there's a chance a bowl would pick Florida and reigning Heisman winner Tebow over Boise State?
im almost positive they wont.. if anyone can confirm that im right post, because i would like to know. Texas is way more deserving than USC, but the same thing kinda happened with georgia last year.
If Texas finishes #2 in the BCS (which would almost certainly happen if Oklahoma loses), then they're in. No Conference Title required.
they wouldnt put texas in the NC because they werent even in their conference title game... i it would be usc vs sec champ assuming usc wins next week
no way. USC will not jump Texas if OU was to lose in the big 12 championship game. USC is going to the Rose Bowl, mark it in pen.
If Florida loses, Boise State or Utah would almost assuredly take their spot and Florida would go to the Cap One.
come on dude you know better.......the winner of the bama/uf games goes to the bcs game and the loser goes to the Sugar Bowl.........its guaranteed that this happens and I'm willing to put ANY amount on it
Also, Koop..I'm not dogging Alabama at all. All they've done is win the games they played..can't ask them to do anymore than that. I'd love for 'Bama to roll through Florida, and I'm not even kidding.
You shut the fuck right up....Nice sig and av imo
no way. USC will not jump Texas if OU was to lose in the big 12 championship game. USC is going to the Rose Bowl, mark it in pen.
Not to mention if you start talking about letting USC in you have to do the same for Penn State. Penn State absolutely destroyed the team that beat USC.

Almost gametime. Regardless of what happens....what a great freaking game this should be...hopefully it lives up the hype.I think the real key to this game is Alabama's running game. If they can run the ball and put together long drives..I think they can frustrate Florida's offense and contain them well enough to win. If Florida can get Bama's offense off the field and get a lot of possessions..I think they are bound to hit some home runs at some point..I don't think any defense can prevent that if Florida's O gets enough opportunities. I think Bama's D can do better than just about anyone else against Florida's D..but they'll get their points if they have the ball enough.

10-7 Bama after Bama's D forces a three and out and then a nice punt return. Our RB Coffee didn't get in the game that series and I saw trainers working on him after his TD...I hope he's not hurt, b/c that'd definitely be significant.First time Florida has trailed in a game since September....that's sick. Man Florida's run has been impressive.

If Florida loses, do they still get into a BCS Bowl as a 2-loss team?
Probably. A loss to #1 wouldn't drop them that far.
Depends who they play. If Bama wins today, I think they'd still be a dog to Oklahoma.
Dude..I've watched LSU play three games this year, they're not good. Sorry. Um..no. Ohio State is almost guaranteed a spot now that Oregon State lost. Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma all three can't get in, so you're already one spot off there. If Florida loses, Boise State or Utah would almost assuredly take their spot and Florida would go to the Cap One.
BFTI think the last spot (assuming USC wins today) is between Boise St. and Ohio St. I think Boise deserves it and Ohio St. will get it.