Florida Vs. Alabama; Sec Title And...

Congrats to Florida. Both teams played really well I thought. Those who thought Florida would just rout us were just being ridiculous...two extremely good teams out there today. Great football game.
That was with Percy Harvin. He makes it a whole different game. That being said, Alabama is probably at worst the 4th best team in the country.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, Alabama is probably at worst the 4th best team in the country.
Sounds about right.I don't like Alabama, but I can definitely sympathize with their fans. Why aren't they still in the mix? Their only crime was losing late. Now everything has played out and they're like everyone else at the top - a really good 1-loss team.Assuming Oklahoma wins tonight, it's going to be Okla-Fla in the title game. And a big part why is the stupid pre-season polls. Okla and Fla were ranked higher than Texas, Bama, Texas Tech, Penn St, Utah, Boise, etc....So everyone lost once and we're back where we started. Silly.
Gotta love that classy Florida player kicking an Alabama player on the ground on the final play.
No, the kick/knee wasn't necessary. Neither was pushing through the line with all your might down 11 with 19 seconds left. Let them snap it, down it, and say good game. Don't be a poor loser. No excuse to kick/knee though.Kind of suprising. I thought Alabama's style of play would wear down Florida, but it was the other way around. I would have taken the 10 points all day, good thing I didn't bet.Both teams looked great. I would like to see Bama/Texas so Bama can shut up all the TX fans that think they got jobbed.
That was with Percy Harvin. He makes it a whole different game. That being said, Alabama is probably at worst the 4th best team in the country.
Percy's been in question all week and everyone still assumed Bama would get routed. I don't think it would've been much different had he played, yeah, he's great, but he's still just one player. Florida won today b/c of Tebow's passing game today...they didn't get much on the ground b/c our D-line did extremely well against the run. Harvin wouldn't have just magically found a ton of holes that weren't there. I'd definitely agree that Alabama is probably the 4th best team.
No, the kick/knee wasn't necessary. Neither was pushing through the line with all your might down 11 with 19 seconds left. Let them snap it, down it, and say good game. Don't be a poor loser. No excuse to kick/knee though.Kind of suprising. I thought Alabama's style of play would wear down Florida, but it was the other way around. I would have taken the 10 points all day, good thing I didn't bet.Both teams looked great. I would like to see Bama/Texas so Bama can shut up all the TX fans that think they got jobbed.
Big difference between linemen pushing each other during a play and kicking players after the play is over. Sure, the pushing might have been a bit much..but the kick is clearly the much more serious offense, that we can clearly agree on.
Percy's been in question all week and everyone still assumed Bama would get routed. I don't think it would've been much different had he played, yeah, he's great, but he's still just one player. Florida won today b/c of Tebow's passing game today...they didn't get much on the ground b/c our D-line did extremely well against the run. Harvin wouldn't have just magically found a ton of holes that weren't there. I'd definitely agree that Alabama is probably the 4th best team.
no one is faster with the ball than P Harv. no one. and its not even close. he scores at least two tds.
no one is faster with the ball than P Harv. no one. and its not even close. he scores at least two tds.
That's just a guess in a hypothetical situation. He has 16 TDs all year in 12 games (not counting today's game). That's an average of much less than 2 a game....so there's simply no way to just randomly state that he would've scored "at least two tds." Yes, he's a great player..but he's only even averaged 5 rushing attempts and 3 catches per game this year. That's 8 touches a game. Acting like he's the difference between a close battle all game and a Florida rout is overstating things.
That's just a guess in a hypothetical situation. He has 16 TDs all year in 12 games (not counting today's game). That's an average of much less than 2 a game....so there's simply no way to just randomly state that he would've scored "at least two tds." Yes, he's a great player..but he's only even averaged 5 rushing attempts and 3 catches per game this year. That's 8 touches a game. Acting like he's the difference between a close battle all game and a Florida rout is overstating things.
obviously. but i still believe it.
Almost gametime. Regardless of what happens....what a great freaking game this should be...hopefully it lives up the hype.
It did....Cross posted from Army thread, just cause.....SEC CHAMPS!!!!!!!!Should be.....HEADED TO NATIONAL TITLE GAME!AAAGators2.jpgGator_Cheerleader_britany_raymond.jpgBritany_Raymond-Florida-15_.jpgGatorGirlHOT.jpggatordazzlers.jpg006759681.jpg016671278-760320.jpghgxx0.jpg
20-17 Alabama. Nice drive. Bad play call on that last play. Let's see if this defense can get the ball back.I have a feeling that this thread would have a lot more attention right now if we were down by 24.
I was posting all game in another thread......posted every score.....regardless who it was.
I was posting all game in another thread......posted every score.....regardless who it was.
that's fine..but you're still just one person. You know that if Florida was routing Bama....there would've been quite a few people stopping by to let me know about it...but since I was right in that Bama could hang with Florida..there's not much to rub in my face.
that's fine..but you're still just one person. You know that if Florida was routing Bama....there would've been quite a few people stopping by to let me know about it...but since I was right in that Bama could hang with Florida..there's not much to rub in my face.
I was at the cardroom watching the game. At least it was an actual game unlike the Big-12 game.Congrats FL.
No reason for me to rub it in. I already said a long time ago in the SEC thread that Florida wins it all this year.