Staking In The $12 45 Mans

I'm wondering what a big enough bankroll is for the $12 45 man turbos on pokerstars. I'm thinking about staking a player and more or less wondering if $300-$500 is enough to successfully 8-12 table these. $300 seems way on the low side but I'm not willing to stake more then $500. Is their a chance that he will go broke on $500 stake in these if he normally maintains 18% ROI in them. Thanks

I'm wondering what a big enough bankroll is for the $12 45 man turbos on pokerstars. I'm thinking about staking a player and more or less wondering if $300-$500 is enough to successfully 8-12 table these. $300 seems way on the low side but I'm not willing to stake more then $500. Is their a chance that he will go broke on $500 stake in these if he normally maintains 18% ROI in them. Thanks
I don't know exactly how to adjust the bankroll requirements based on ROI, but I know that I expect to run around 20% 10-tabling at the 6.50s and make sure to keep 100 buy-ins, mostly due to the fact that they can be high variance. Over my first 500 or so of them I ran close to 30%, but over the last 300 that has dropped to 13%. That in mind, I've run bad late in these for the most part and that has led me to make some mistakes/tilt off in a few. If the guy doesn't tilt ever and plays perfect push/fold his chances of going broke on 500 would be less, but 42 buy-ins just isn't enough in these 45 man turbos.
If the guy doesn't tilt ever and plays perfect push/fold his roi in the $12s would be higher than 18%.
fypjust sayin..
but 42 buy-ins just isn't enough in these 45 man turbos.
This part I agree with. For single tables it would probably be fine, but the 45s can be hugely variant. I was looking at sharkscope and saw that my longest losing streak at sngs was 21 straight (and another for 17 straight), and that was a mix of 45s and 9s, albeit at a higher buy-in.