What Happened To Fcp?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To remain in contact with me so you can make me spaghetti some day?
Absolutely!Hey...I'm going to get Yoda or Seacucumber or 3s to enter the 4.40 challenge with me.... now that you are in it :club:
and to take troyo's and the rest of pound's moneyHey brad left a pic for you and Austin a few pages backit belongs in your thread
I don't know why, but I'm okay with Rose.
your attention please:Rose is real...ive talked with her, she is a nurse and understands all my medical issues[/thread]
Yes, but does she share the same taste in beer? Let that sink in for a while.
Right Guard Sport.Wait, where am I?
LOL, the off topic people keep growing on me...this made me laugh for like 5 minutes. It took till like 6k posts. Before that I hated all of them.

You guys are all arguing about an older canadian lady nurse?I'd store myself in her cupboard ifyaknowhatimean

I :club: Rose
thx Ozi I :ts Ozi tooand FCP

I'm also in the Rose fan club. One of the nicest ladies on the forum if a bit naive. I like SA too. I think he's pretty hilarious. Their fight is actually quite entertaining.

LOL, the off topic people keep growing on me...this made me laugh for like 5 minutes. It took till like 6k posts. Before that I hated all of them.
I like specbrad. The rest of them still scare me.Mark

The fact that this thread has about 500 posts since 11/28 kind of discredits the lack of activity Steve is talking about. :PHowever, as someone who has not been to the site if probably over a year, and who just randomly came back to see this thread, I think I can comment.My reason for stopping activity on the site was primarily to get Keller's site up and running, and all of my effort went into that to make it work. When his site eventually closed down, I was on a down trend in my interest in poker, and pretty much stopped playing for a year and also stopped visiting the various forums.After a while, one of the 2+2 mods convinced me to go back there and at least keep posting in their off topic forum, which I did. I like a lot of the people here, but when it came to off topic conversation, I honestly am not a big fan of the 500+ page FCP army threads which go by so fast I feel like I can't keep up. OOT in 2+2 does that now as well, but it goes by less quickly and seems "manageable" in my mind. Even my "i'm back" post I contemplated posting in the FCP army thread, then decided it would just get lost there, and made a new thread instead.When I did start playing poker again, I was already in 2+2, so I just stayed there and started posting strat there. I thought of FCP, but the actual strat threads in FCP always seemed to lack a lot of response compared to 2+2, so I leaned to there. I always thought of "General" here as my home and the strength of the forum at the time. so, to give Steve some credit to his concern, if there are other's like me for whom general was the place they gravitated, there may be things lacking for them right now. I honestly have not had time to look around and see.Steve, another thing to keep in mind is with the World Series finally behind us, the forum may just be taking a much needed breather. And I'm sure the holiday season doesn't help either. Perhaps January will see a nice resurgence...Ray

FCP is by far, BY FAR, the best forum on the internet. I've been involved in quite a few forums over the years, and FCP is so many heads and shoulders over most that it's not funny. The poker content may not be the absolute best, but it's not terrible, especially if you know where to look. There is noise, for sure, but not nearly as much as on many other forums. The moderation is usually reasonable, fair, and unnoticed, as it should be. But most of all, the sense of community here is unmatched. Unmatched.There are people who are missed who used to post here. Perhaps FCP would be even better if they had remained. But the fact remains, this is the BEST forum, the BEST community of strangers and 'real-life' friends, who assemble on the internet.Or, at least Off Topic is.
I stay out of most of this stuff usually, and probably would have here too but I feel compelled to say amen so....AMEN.