What Happened To Fcp?

I can't speak for anyone else, but my FCP involvement lessened for a couple reasons:1) I used to be heavily active in the strat section. After a while, it seemed like it was only the same few people posting.2) I started exclusively playing HU which doesn't lend itself as well to strategy discussion.I enjoy the Challenge thread because I like the people in it, but I actually find the strategy discussion in there drives me away due to the lack of actual structure. Essentially, at any point, there are a variety of hands being discussed at the same time, all contained within one thread. I'm much more interested in reading trip reports or real life, non-poker stories from the people in the thread than the hands discussed. That said, the players in there are very good and worth getting information from. I haven't visited the strat section in a while, so I don't know if the traffic there has improved or not, but I remember wishing the Challenge guys would post more strat there back when I was active.Also, I find the bad beat posts to be tedious. :)For the record, I love FCP and would gladly wear a FCP visor if I 1) ever final tabled a televised tournament (LOL at playing tournaments) and 2) they ever got around to making a visor (which I was told was coming back in 2005, I think).

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who used to post more than pretty much everyone daily but now can count on one hand how many posts i make per year here I'd just like to throw in my two cents.
Simply stating that you post less nowadays, without relying on hyperbole that completely eviscerates any point that you were trying to make, would be more effective. A quick look at your profile shows a handful of posts this month alone. While your post count indicates that that is a huge decline for you, it would be about standard for me. Why not just say that you post less now?
^^^^^What this guy said exactly (except I just turned 38).Oh, and I would add in the 30-40 some odd FCP'ers and friends whom I met this summer at our FCP WSOP Golf/Poker Meetup Thingy in the "guys whom I look up to." At this event, I had the pleasure of meeting (and playing against) Vick12, RDog, NoSup, Zach6668, nutz, Ozium, GetSprung, CubsFan44, BalloonGuy, chrozzo, loismustdie, GoStags, navybuttons, monix, etc. etc. It was a blast then (Fiji water and one bad bluff easily sniffed out by CubsFan44 notwithstanding) and has, for me, made following these forums--in all their poker or more likely non-poker-related glory--much more the richer ever since.Trust me. Go to the FCP meetup next year and you'll never have to wonder where FCP has "gone."
EDSA(DFG@*#)%*!#@@!# @ being "etc, etc"
I think I do it about once a year.In retrospect, I should have said General Forum in this case, as I have done in the past. But you are right, I'm sure I've done this more then once.I think it's like technology that you are trying to get used to, but you are so familiar with what you had before. Not sure if that's a good analogy.Sometimes Gen Forum is in a pretty bad place when I have created the threads, sometimes I'm just being stubborn I suppose. Perhaps it's a combination of the two.I spend a lot of time on FCP because I'm a mod. Reading e-mails, deleting threads, locking threads, merging threads, etc. But, you're abolutely right. I should never start a thread like this again. I should sit by and watch. Allow the forum to go in whatever direction it goes. Seems like the easiest thing to do.
As someone who's been here every day since the inception, you start to realize after looking back on things that the forum just has an ebb and flow in the long term. There are times when you're like, holy crap, what am I even looking at, everything on this entire page is garbage, then it may continue on for quite awhile, months even, but then one day you're like, wow, there is some epically good stuff going on here right now. It's always tough to see at the time, but it's there, and I think when you're making these type of threads, you're just coming in one of the down cycles. I think a lot could even be due to the fact that talking serious poker day after day can become tiring. I know I don't really come here for knowledge necessarily but I have my time periods where I do try to soak up as much info as possible. But after getting to know so many people on here, mostly I'm here to goof off, and when I do want some information on something, I know where to go for it. But back to my main point, I think there are times when people are just tired from learning and want to goof off. On the same note, there are people who only want to goof off, and some who only want to learn. Most of the latter are the ones who've left I think. You can't look at this place like a training site, or you'll tire yourself out.(This wasn't all directed at Steve, it started that way, but clearly I got into some things that I assume he knows.)Also, if we collected actual pennies from everyone's 2 cents in here, we might be able to quit poker.
Forums evolve and change over time, FCP surely has. No matter where we are now as players we at least have this forum in common. I look up to guys like WhatArunAA, Vick12, BKice (when he was here), Zach6668 and many more. I read your strategy discussions and watch online on the rail to pick up what I can in the time I have. It's made me a better player. I sure as hell don't have 300-500 bucks to spend on live training or cardrunners or the like, although I sure wish I did. But I'm fine with that.
Thanks man! It feels good to know I help inspire anyone to get better. I know when I 1st started here, if it weren't for great players like PMJ and Bizzle helping me out and inspiring me...I would have never become the player I became.
^^^^^What this guy said exactly (except I just turned 38).Oh, and I would add in the 30-40 some odd FCP'ers and friends whom I met this summer at our FCP WSOP Golf/Poker Meetup Thingy in the "guys whom I look up to." At this event, I had the pleasure of meeting (and playing against) Vick12, RDog, NoSup, Zach6668, nutz, Ozium, GetSprung, CubsFan44, BalloonGuy, chrozzo, loismustdie, GoStags, navybuttons, monix, etc. etc. It was a blast then (Fiji water and one bad bluff easily sniffed out by CubsFan44 notwithstanding) and has, for me, made following these forums--in all their poker or more likely non-poker-related glory--much more the richer ever since.Trust me. Go to the FCP meetup next year and you'll never have to wonder where FCP has "gone."
Was a great time meeting and playing with you as well!!! The Fiji water will live in infamy forever!!! (Also...solid job excluding Suited Up!!)Since others have chimed in, lemme chime in on my view of fcp that isn't defending Steve...lol.I love this place and am happy to call it home. If I didn't have fcp to visit on a daily basis...my life would have a serious void. Now...this is "just" a forum to some people, but to me it's waaay more than that. It's a community and in this community I have made a ton of friends. I think it's pretty telling that I lost my cell phone a few weeks ago...maybe a month. I have been trying to get my address book back in shape and I have gotten about 50 numbers back so far. Of those 50 numbers...over 1/3 of them are fcp members. Some are obv s7s guys, but they also include many non s7s guys as well. I also know people enjoyed my bff bracket and what that turned into, and save for a few guys on there who I "TRUST" but aren't people I would consider a friend...the rest are guys who I would have zero problem calling "friend". Not just 'some dude I met on the internet"...but "friend" like I call any of my non-fcp friends.I also can count on both hands how many people on this forum I genuinely dislike. There are few worthless posters etc., but as far as guys I just can't stand...I could barely get to 5 I think. Of those 5, two of them were people who ended up being scammers. So if I have irritated more than 5 people along the way here...so be it. It's kinda like having aces...they only win 80% of the time! I would like to think I have made more than enough friends here to make up for the few eggs I break along the way.So...just so nobody is mistaken...I <3 FCP and a good majority of the people here. I consider many of the people here my friends...and not just my "internet" friends either. I doubt too many other forums produce these kinda friendships and for that I am thankful for fcp!!!
Thanks man! It feels good to know I help inspire anyone to get better. I know when I 1st started here, if it weren't for great players like PMJ and Bizzle helping me out and inspiring me...I would have never become the player I became.Was a great time meeting and playing with you as well!!! The Fiji water will live in infamy forever!!! (Also...solid job excluding Suited Up!!)Since others have chimed in, lemme chime in on my view of fcp that isn't defending Steve...lol.I love this place and am happy to call it home. If I didn't have fcp to visit on a daily basis...my life would have a serious void. Now...this is "just" a forum to some people, but to me it's waaay more than that. It's a community and in this community I have made a ton of friends. I think it's pretty telling that I lost my cell phone a few weeks ago...maybe a month. I have been trying to get my address book back in shape and I have gotten about 50 numbers back so far. Of those 50 numbers...over 1/3 of them are fcp members. Some are obv s7s guys, but they also include many non s7s guys as well. I also know people enjoyed my bff bracket and what that turned into, and save for a few guys on there who I "TRUST" but aren't people I would consider a friend...the rest are guys who I would have zero problem calling "friend". Not just 'some dude I met on the internet"...but "friend" like I call any of my non-fcp friends.I also can count on both hands how many people on this forum I genuinely dislike. There are few worthless posters etc., but as far as guys I just can't stand...I could barely get to 5 I think. Of those 5, two of them were people who ended up being scammers. So if I have irritated more than 5 people along the way here...so be it. It's kinda like having aces...they only win 80% of the time! I would like to think I have made more than enough friends here to make up for the few eggs I break along the way.So...just so nobody is mistaken...I <3 FCP and a good majority of the people here. I consider many of the people here my friends...and not just my "internet" friends either. I doubt too many other forums produce these kinda friendships and for that I am thankful for fcp!!!
Adam.jpgjustin_gay_small.jpg
I literally have no idea if you are being serious, condescending, or sarcastic with statements like this.I am guessing this is 90% of the reason people jump all over you.
This. It's really hard to understand people on the interwebs in certain situations.
<3
Atleast Im not a bottom
<3 u both...you will both getting text bombed soon!!!=P

Wow - can't believe I read the whole thing (did a bit at work yesterday....Friday).I have been confused over the years as to what to post (content, tone, etc). Started out like all other noobs and got flamed a fair bit. As post count grew started gaining some acceptance, but then blew a lot of cred trying to stoke my own threads into superthreads <== FAIL.Lately, have taken a stance (privately and publicly) against some of the better know members, on minor things. Have ultimately agreed to disagree (or been placed on ignore). Still can coexist.To sum things up, FCP reminds me a lot of Junior High School. When you are a noob, you get the typical freshman treatment. As you move up in grade and size (and fresh noobs come in), your status grows a bit. You can choose how you wish to treat the noobs - you can be a wise, talented, cool guy who treats all with respect (TJ, BG, Q etc..), you can be a bully ( .....), you can be plain retarded (.....), or whatever. But you learn to fit in as time goes on and understand.Having said that, I have had some of the biggest laughs in my life from this forum (I still cry over the TALKING IN CAPS to deaf guy bit). Learned a fair bit about strategy, enjoyed watching others have success, and have also enjoyed being cheered on myself (TY TY Q!).Plus I made one lasting contribution, giving FARTGO his new name. <=== Proud of that one - that sucka was riding me hard for quite a while so glad I branded him good.One other thing that may get me banned, but there was talk of shilling earlier in this thread, and of poker being a grift. That was helpful, in that it made me realize the money I shelled out for STACKED was just part of a natural process, of which I should be more accepting.<3SC.p.s. could someone pm please with how to spell the F word without using PF?

I know I don't really come here for knowledge necessarily but I have my time periods where I do try to soak up as much info as possible. But after getting to know so many people on here
I come here to bang people's wivesPeople used to complain when Royal Tour and I gayed up every thread in general back in the day. Oh wait, nobody complained.Carry on
Wow - can't believe I read the whole thing (did a bit at work yesterday....Friday).I have been confused over the years as to what to post (content, tone, etc). Started out like all other noobs and got flamed a fair bit. As post count grew started gaining some acceptance, but then blew a lot of cred trying to stoke my own threads into superthreads <== FAIL.Lately, have taken a stance (privately and publicly) against some of the better know members, on minor things. Have ultimately agreed to disagree (or been placed on ignore). Still can coexist.To sum things up, FCP reminds me a lot of Junior High School. When you are a noob, you get the typical freshman treatment. As you move up in grade and size (and fresh noobs come in), your status grows a bit. You can choose how you wish to treat the noobs - you can be a wise, talented, cool guy who treats all with respect (TJ, BG, Q etc..), you can be a bully ( .....), you can be plain retarded (.....), or whatever. But you learn to fit in as time goes on and understand.Having said that, I have had some of the biggest laughs in my life from this forum (I still cry over the TALKING IN CAPS to deaf guy bit). Learned a fair bit about strategy, enjoyed watching others have success, and have also enjoyed being cheered on myself (TY TY Q!).Plus I made one lasting contribution, giving FARTGO his new name. <=== Proud of that one - that sucka was riding me hard for quite a while so glad I branded him good.One other thing that may get me banned, but there was talk of shilling earlier in this thread, and of poker being a grift. That was helpful, in that it made me realize the money I shelled out for STACKED was just part of a natural process, of which I should be more accepting.<3SC.p.s. could someone pm please with how to spell the F word without using PF?
Id have been able to take this post much more serious had you filled in the (....) with actual names