What Happened To Fcp?

But my bad...wtf do I know...a guy who has like 300 posts can feel free to tell others how much they are "contributing"... :club:
I think crazy Karl ( privy) has a point, and I think his post count is utterly irrelevant to it. Obviously you consider Steve a friend/mentor/father figure/savior, and you are only sticking up for your friend by attacking Privy in all kinds of ways in this thread. However, while your fervor in defending steve is an admirable quality in a friend, it's a poor quality in a debater. Privy has been extremely not rude in his comments, he's just saying things you don't like. You can address the points you disagree with without attacking him. I realize that might sound hypocritical, coming from me who will flame at a drop of a hat for reasons that are much more petty than friendship, but I really don't think Privy deserves your flames. He's made some good points in an intelligent manner.
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think crazy Karl ( privy) has a point, and I think his post count is utterly irrelevant to it. Obviously you consider Steve a friend/mentor/father figure/savior, and you are only sticking up for your friend by attacking Privy in all kinds of ways in this thread. However, while your fervor in defending steve is an admirable quality in a friend, it's a poor quality in a debater. Privy has been extremely not rude in his comments, he's just saying things you don't like. You can address the points you disagree with without attacking him. I realize that might sound hypocritical, coming from me who will flame at a drop of a hat for reasons that are much more petty than friendship, but I really don't think Privy deserves your flames. He's made some good points in an intelligent manner.
And to think, this e-fight of the day isn't even the most retarded.

FCP is alive and kicking, IMO. We have some poker discussion, some nonsense, staking/railing threads, organized challenges, transexuals, personal ribbing and teasing, people who come and go, people who stay, small stakes, large stakes, and with all of this a very strong sense of community. As a living, breathing, organism the relative proportions of these activities changes over time, things ebb and flow, but that is part of it all and I think we are doing well. The fact that many of us have met IRL and continue to do so is a huge meter of success for an online forum, many of which degrade into nothing but puerile nonsense.

My 1st name is NOt Fartgo!!!Look...my views are mine alone and don't have to include everyone on s7s. I am a douchbag at times...not much I can say to argue otherwise. I think anyone who has interacted w/ s7s members like myself, checky, aasnake, nosup, tb17, cobalt, pocketdeuces, nutz, etc. etc. etc. knows we are generally a great group of guys who have very little ego considering how much success many of us have had. I am personally working on my owne ego every day because I realize that I do have a much larger ego today than I did before I was a success...for that I am truly sorry.My point is this Pivvey or whatever the heck his name is, just keeps coming after Steve and me and I will defend myself. I personally interview every prospective s7s member before they are accepted just so Steve has an idea of what WE think of that guy. (I am not the only one who interviews...just 1 of many who do) So again...I will agree I am being a douchbag to Pivvey...but only because he continued to bash me EVEN AFTER I AGREED W/ WHAT MARK SAID ABOUT THE SUBJECT.Steve himself has spoken and his thoughts echo the basic sentimant here. I also agree that I am a little too biased and can come off as a douche...but considering what Steve and the rest of s7s have done for me in both my poker life AND my personal life...I will continue to back them up. I mean..HE DID PAY FOR MY SON'S COLLEGE EDUCATION!!!! (My son is only 7 and will never have to worry about having money for college)
As your BFF, do I get anything? :club:
Pot meet kettle.
Oh sweet, it appears Pivvy thinks someone other than ME is a dick. Now THAT is exciting.
if it helps, I think Vick is a much bigger dickat least you responded harshly to me after I attacked you; here, I merely disagreed with Vick and he flew off the handle; the good news is that my post count is growing from this e-battle with Vick and so not only did I clearly score the decision on the judge's scorecards (kudos to you Vick for making it so easy by using no logic and simply relying on anger), but I also got above 300 posts and that much closer to one day having a post count that would scratch the surface of what Vick considers worthy of comment on the Internet
Don't u and Gallo have to meet in the schoolyard later?I also didn't think I "attacked" pivvey until my last post or 2. The only attack I made was telling him he would never be in s7s...But...I agree and will drop it...I'll just add him to my ever expanding "ignore" feature...
Oh sweet, it appears Pivvy thinks someone other than ME is a dick. Now THAT is exciting.
*tears in eyes*....I have made it to Rdog dick levels...weeeeeeee!!!!!
I think that Adam is speaking is mind and so Privy(sp?).Adam is a passionate guy, and I think that passion is great. He has been an amazing friend, wonderful student, excellent teacher and a solid contributor to the forum. In addition, he is always willing to help someone if and when they need help. Those are admirable qualities.I understand his frustration with the situation at hand because some people don't know me. And it seems like I am being attacked, which I am from time to time.But don't blame Adam, he's a REALLY GOOD GUY. Blame me if anyone. It's easier that way. Just focus all the blame on one person. But not Adam.Lets not turn this into an argument about taking sides, etc.Lets work to make things better.
As your BFF, do I get anything? :club: Pot meet kettle.
Hey, genius, read the sentence that is right fucking after the one you bolded, Jesus Christ, you are desperate to get something on me today. Give it up, you fail, life goes on.
Mark is probably the nicest person on the internet
A real asshole in person though.
and he never wants you to forget his name......so he signs off of every post. :club:
Mark
I think that Adam is speaking is mind and so Privy(sp?).Adam is a passionate guy, and I think that passion is great. He has been an amazing friend, wonderful student, excellent teacher and a solid contributor to the forum. In addition, he is always willing to help someone if and when they need help. Those are admirable qualities.I understand his frustration with the situation at hand because some people don't know me. And it seems like I am being attacked, which I am from time to time.But don't blame Adam, he's a REALLY GOOD GUY. Blame me if anyone. It's easier that way. Just focus all the blame on one person. But not Adam.Lets not turn this into an argument about taking sides, etc.Lets work to make things better.
such a hippy, steve. I wasn't really trying to blame adam, just trying to say that privvvvyee doesn't warrant being attacked, since he's presenting his points in an intelligent and respectful manner, he's not just trolling or flaming or what ever. I know Adam's fervor is borne out of friendship, and thus admirable, but he can tone it down a notch and save it for people who warrant it.
Hey, genius, read the sentence that is right fucking after the one you bolded, Jesus Christ, you are desperate to get something on me today. Give it up, you fail, life goes on.
Oh, I did. Just thought it was still bold worthy. No need to get your panties up in a bunch though.Your pussy must hurt alot today.

People expand and/or move on. This was the first poker forum I ever visited, and was the only one I read for a very long time. I don't post much (and it was several months before I actually did) but I find that I probably come here maybe twice a week as opposed to the several times a day in the past. It's not that I don't like it here, its just that I have discovered probably a dozen other poker related sites/forums I frequently visit. That all being said, this forum really got me going with poker outside the local games I was playing in 2004. First place I ever received outside thoughts on the game. Also met some really good people through here.

The (LHE) challenge thread is as good as it is because of the extra stuff we discuss, not because of singular hand discussion.
Wait, so in defense of the LHE challenge thread, you present: fruiting, dragons, and razor frugality? :club:
Oh, I did. Just thought it was still bold worthy. No need to get your panties up in a bunch though.Your pussy must hurt alot today.
So, you thought it was bold worth and worth saying "pot meet kettle" ( a phrase to denote hypocrisy) when in the paragraph you quote, my very next sentence acknowledges my hypocrisy? Really? Here's another word you might want to familiarize yourself with...http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/redundancyMy pussy does not hurt, as a matter of fact, as I keep it clean and fresh. My brain does hurt a little from reading your nonsense and idiocy all day, but other than that I'm ship shape.
Don't u and Gallo have to meet in the schoolyard later?I also didn't think I "attacked" pivvey until my last post or 2. The only attack I made was telling him he would never be in s7s...But...I agree and will drop it...I'll just add him to my ever expanding "ignore" feature...*tears in eyes*....I have made it to Rdog dick levels...weeeeeeee!!!!!
glad that I could bring you some joy and even happier to learn that I will be part of your ignore featureit is too bad that it is your ignore list rather than your mental capacity or debate skills that are ever expanding as it is very much the latter two items that could use the helpyou went on the attack from step one, had your arguments rebutted, found no agreement from anywhere, got defensive and lashed out - but I am glad that it is you that will be ignoring meI guess I will have to consider myself both barred not only from S7S because you are involved with the interview but also from your BFF list..... dammitsadly though, you caused me to stoop to your level; I mean, I did a better job of it, but at your level nonetheless
But don't blame Adam, he's a REALLY GOOD GUY. Blame me if anyone. It's easier that way. Just focus all the blame on one person. But not Adam.
I respect the rest of your post here Steve and I want to be clear that I was just stating things how I saw them and not attempting to attack you. As for blaming Adam, the blame arises from his comments and conduct. So no, I will not blame you for someone else's actions.