December 2008 4.40 Challenge

I needed 30 to warm up
know that well. it took 15 games for me to see a final table loland I still didn't win it
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't fathom why anyone would want to torture themselves like this. I mean I joined only cause of Checky and Troyo. This way there would be some proof of who is actually better. :club:
I remember after the last one ended, I told myself I'd never do it again. I guess it's the challenge that's fun, but HAVING to play 4.40s and take them somewhat seriously is what tilted me the last time. I don't really mind playing them otherwise.
Can I enter again with another $50?
TBH I don't mind if Whalers is allowed to do this again.
I dont mind either..Adds more to the prizepool
I'm not in favor of allowing this. Sure it would increase the prize pool, but it would also change the nature of the challenge. Essentially it makes it more like a rebuy tournament. If players know that they can re-enter for another buyin, they can play a riskier style to try and catch some positive variance and if not simply rebuy. It also favors those with deeper pockets and more time on their hands. My vote is for not allowing rebuys.
awwwwww but I wanna
Sorry Whalers I don't think it's really fair either, it's meant to be one entry per person/team. I do think it's something to consider doing for the next 440 challenge. It's like changing a freezeout into a rebuy after someone busts out, it changes the entire complexion of the game.
I'm not in favor of allowing this. Sure it would increase the prize pool, but it would also change the nature of the challenge. Essentially it makes it more like a rebuy tournament. If players know that they can re-enter for another buyin, they can play a riskier style to try and catch some positive variance and if not simply rebuy. It also favors those with deeper pockets and more time on their hands. My vote is for not allowing rebuys.
But he would start as new, no points.
Sorry Whalers I don't think it's really fair either, it's meant to be one entry per person/team. I do think it's something to consider doing for the next 440 challenge. It's like changing a freezeout into a rebuy after someone busts out, it changes the entire complexion of the game.
But he would start as new, no points.
So I guess I'm Tony Randall and you're Jack Klugman.
So I guess I'm Tony Randall and you're Jack Klugman.
Wow, how old are you? And am I old if I know EXACTLY what you're talking about and I have seen that show?

best misclick ever... damn screen popped up as i was clicking....*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Knollie919 [3s 8d]evang1986: folds lapointbush: folds Lifegoals: folds aero_plane: folds AtoZZtoA: folds YoungGifted: raises 945 to 1095 and is all-inKnollie919: calls 1020kcallme: folds *** FLOP *** [Qd 8c 4d]Knollie919 said, "wow misclick"*** TURN *** [Qd 8c 4d] [2c]*** RIVER *** [Qd 8c 4d 2c] [Tc]*** SHOW DOWN ***Knollie919: shows [3s 8d] (a pair of Eights)YoungGifted: shows [Ks Jd] (high card King)Knollie919 said, "sorry dude"Knollie919 collected 2340 from pot

best misclick ever... damn screen popped up as i was clicking....*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Knollie919 [3s 8d]evang1986: folds lapointbush: folds Lifegoals: folds aero_plane: folds AtoZZtoA: folds YoungGifted: raises 945 to 1095 and is all-inKnollie919: calls 1020kcallme: folds *** FLOP *** [Qd 8c 4d]Knollie919 said, "wow misclick"*** TURN *** [Qd 8c 4d] [2c]*** RIVER *** [Qd 8c 4d 2c] [Tc]*** SHOW DOWN ***Knollie919: shows [3s 8d] (a pair of Eights)YoungGifted: shows [Ks Jd] (high card King)Knollie919 said, "sorry dude"Knollie919 collected 2340 from pot
Soooo gross, I'm calling shenanigans if you win this one :club:
I remember after the last one ended, I told myself I'd never do it again. I guess it's the challenge that's fun, but HAVING to play 4.40s and take them somewhat seriously is what tilted me the last time. I don't really mind playing them otherwise.
The challenge is the fun part. My Final table game was the one game that Tanner was in as well so I had the side bet plus I was on a steamer from the game before.I did get to play briefly with Tanner, but not much action with him lol.
awwwwww but I wanna
I have to agree, that it would not be fair at this point to have you rebuy. So wait till the next Challenge Your coming off as a whinning Whaler, lol
loll, good stuff, im sure many were wondering! me and pokeraddict will be registering tomorrow to defend our title, im sure you were all wondering that as well :club:
<-------Ex-Champion