December 2008 4.40 Challenge

December 2008 4.40 ChallengeRules• The entry fee is $50. You may split it with one other player and enter as a team of two, or pay the full amount yourself and enter as an individual, in which case you will play all 30 games yourself. • There are no separate prizes for teams and individuals, each $50 entry is competing for the same prize. • Maximum of 30 games played, best 25 scores counted.• Teams may split the 30 games however they want. Team score is a simple sum of individual scores. • Each tourney you enter must be entered on the tracker website (information below) before the tournament starts. • When you are done with a tourney, you must enter your finish place on the tracker website. • Points will not count towards your total until your finish has been confirmed by another player. • Payouts will be determined once the total number of entrants is finalized. • The challenge begins December 01 at 12:00 AM PokerStars time, and ends December 31st at 11:59 PM. Any tournaments you register for before or after that period will not count. • Points for finishes are awarded according to the table found here: http://www.nautiluspoker.org/fcptourney/dec08/rules.phpThe Tracker• All scores will be tracked on the website: http://www.nautiluspoker.org/fcptourney/dec08/index.php• Scores for the previous tournaments are archived here: http://www.nautiluspoker.org/fcptourney/index.php• You must register yourself on the tournament tracker website. If you have previously registered, you do not need to register again. • If you are on a team, you must set up your team via the tracker website by logging in and clicking on "my team". If you had a team in the previous challenge, you will need to set up your team again for this challenge. • Once you enter a tournament in the tracker, it cannot be changed for obvious reasons. If you make a mistake and need something changed, use the "request change" button on the tracker. Entry• FCP Bob will be holding the money. Send your $50 entry fee to Big_M (Scarborough) on PokerStars, and then send an e-mail to pokermanager@fullcontactpoker.com letting him know about the transfer and including both your FCP name and PokerStars name. Please email him and do not PM him. • If you are playing as part of a team, please post in this thread who your teammate is. • In order to get as many entrants as possible, entry will stay open until Dec 10th at 11:59PM. Misc• If you want the challenge leaderboard in your signature, use the following code:

[url=http://www.nautiluspoker.org/fcptourney/dec08/leaders.php][img=http://www.nautiluspoker.org/fcptourney/dec08/images/leaderboard.png][/url]

_______________________________________________________Payment confirmed from:Team McLovin: outsider13 + throwemawayTeam Bored: Deftones150 + BellaireDrewMother Puckers: SBrianD + sergeThe Fashion Police And Ray: troyomac + checkymcfoldTeam TheresKnox: therescav + Knoxxxy Team Feral Cow Poker: vbnautilus + qyayqiThe Dub Spewtards: TrueAce13 + TheUTRocketRose's Fan Club: TwstdWrstr + GalloTwo Mannings One Cup: Napa_Don + SilentButDeadlyking_tannerHighwaystar Whalers2005 aussiedonk rcgs59 XXEddieKnollie919KrownKickinkobe2odom8Total teams entered: 18Total prize pool: $900Payouts:1st: $4252nd: $2503rd: $1504th: $75

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ray/troyomac and i would like to pwn some souls, if you'll have us.
GTFO OUT. NO GOOD POKER PLAYERS ALLOWED(edit) DN just pm'ed me and asked me to be his partner. Book it.

2 questions..are the payouts negotiable or are you the sole decision?? also, where did the point scale come from? would it not make more sense to simply add up your best 25 places and lowest score wins?

2 questions..are the payouts negotiable or are you the sole decision?? also, where did the point scale come from? would it not make more sense to simply add up your best 25 places and lowest score wins?
This is the 5th or 6th 4.40 challenge that has been run...tried and tried again, so the payouts and point scale are based off previous challenges. It's weighted towards cashing, final tabling, and winning (as are all payout structures in any tourney) No chance in getting anything changed in that regard.I think if enough people ask for payout change, it would be seriously looked at.
also, where did the point scale come from?
For the very first $4.40 challenge, I proposed a point scale that was more or less the same one that Stars uses for their tournament leader boards: the points scaled as 1/SQRT(position). It turned out that that was reasonable but not perfect for $4.40s; in particular, most people felt that near the top places it had to be made a bit steeper. So for the second challenge, some small changes were made by hand [insert well-earned reference here - I forgot who made the second scale], and basically everyone was happy then and it has been like that ever since.
If we are flying solo can we still have a team name? I was thinking of "The Skeetrags"sent $50 to FCP Bob
$50 received from king_tanner
Money shipped, Team McLovin - me/ Throwemaway
$50 received from superjeff13
11:59 EST or PST?
EST
The points system works quite well tbh, even though my team finished with the highest roi last time and lost (I was robbed)
some small changes were made by hand [insert well-earned reference here - I forgot who made the second scale], and basically everyone was happy then and it has been like that ever since.
The points system works quite well tbh
the point system is, indeed, spectacular.

Who wants to team up?I warn you.A) Ive played maybe 50 donkaments this yearB) I won't have a lot of timeC) I kinda suck.PM me! Only requirements are I have to like you.

As others have said, the point system is well vetted. The version we settled on was created by qyayqi. As for the payouts, in the past its been pretty obvious how it should be but if there are any questions we'll discuss it. My role is as organizer, not dictator.

Come on people. Get in!Just a reminder as to who expressed interest in the other thread - outsider13/throwemaway (team)Highwaystargatortom64 (As a team)king_tannerTrueAce13 (as a team/looking for teammate)JustLikeNegs (as a team/looking for teammate)roccoarrg (as a team/looking for teammate)FARGOpokerNDShip Itt (Maybe)Largetotals (Maybe)Piddleduck/Serge (Team)Knollie919 (Maybe)ClingfreeWhalers2005 (possibly as a team)aussiedonkPoker Addict/Kobe2odom8 (team)GeneralGeeWhiz (aka. Mr Superduper Signature) - Maybe