Okay i've decided to get Wii mostly to play Rockband and well, I can't think of anything else to get the wifefor xmas that I would enjoy. I also want to get a blu-ray player.I don't have any type of nintendo, PS, or xbox etc.I know PS has blu-ray but I understand it's not a full true blu-ray.I also seen an add advertisment for blu-ray at walmart as cheap as $129for a base dvd player starting Friday.I probably won't play video games if I get this except for Rock Bandand some other Wii games occasionally.What should I get? I don't really know crap about this stuff.thnxs/kisses for replies.

i have a wii and xbox 360. i find rockband is much better on 360. i have one word for the wii....FUN! if you just want to have fun and not worry about too many buttons, get the wii. in fact, just get both. for the wife, maybe the wii fit..seriously.

I'd really suggest getting the PS3.I don't get how it's not full blu-ray though. It plays 1080p, not sure what else you can ask for.If not that, then X360 at least. I have a PS3 and a Wii and I never touch the Wii anymore, there just aren't any good games for it, and the games that are on all 3 systems, such as Rockband, are pretty inferior on the Wii.PS3 + Rockband 2 = You're set.Edit: Make sure to go for RB 2, and not the original. The better instruments alone are worth it, but the 2nd game is better also, and you can just rent the first one and take the songs for 5 bucks. (At least on PS3 and X360, not sure how it works w/ Wii on that front.)

I have a Wii and love it, but you have to be careful. There are a lot of kiddie games for it. I have noticed that they have been releasing some more "grown up" games lately though. Call of Duty is out for Wii and so is Quantum of Solace. Wii Sports is awesome no matter what age, and I would imagine that Wii Fit would be fun for your wife.I get a kick out of playing some of the classics, like Mario Kart, but with the Wii Wheel.Can't really go wrong either way IMO

Thanks.IF I ever play a game it would probably be Madden. Does it matter for 360 or PS3?
i heard 360 is awesome for sports. i have nba 2k9 and absolutely love it
Thanks.IF I ever play a game it would probably be Madden. Does it matter for 360 or PS3?
If you are looking to get a bluray player than just go for the PS3. If you want a stand alone blu ray player than I suggest getting the 360.

Okay, looking at them the 360 looks to be cheaper but it depends on add ons,plus i'd still need to buy a bluray. I see them for around $299 plus the extras.If I get the $399 PS3, what else should I expect to buy like extra controllers and such?

Okay, looking at them the 360 looks to be cheaper but it depends on add ons,plus i'd still need to buy a bluray. I see them for around $299 plus the extras.If I get the $399 PS3, what else should I expect to buy like extra controllers and such?
Just get an extra controller, a cheap hdmi cable, and in the future you can always get a bigger HDD if you need one, but it doesn't sound like you really will. (Mine is only 20GB, which is why that's on my mind.)I can't think of anything else you'd really need.
Just get an extra controller, a cheap hdmi cable, and in the future you can always get a bigger HDD if you need one, but it doesn't sound like you really will. (Mine is only 20GB, which is why that's on my mind.)I can't think of anything else you'd really need.
Cool, thanks!Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
25 dollars for a Blu Ray remote for the ps3, pretty much a must have.
I just use the normal controller. Though having it would be nice I guess. I still think they overcharge for it though.
I just use the normal controller. Though having it would be nice I guess. I still think they overcharge for it though.
I like having it. It's a lot easier to use than the controller, plus I'm a neat freak about my electronics and don't like having my remotes mixed with my controllers. It's also easier for less tech savvy people to use a standard looking remote than a ps3 controller.
I like having it. It's a lot easier to use than the controller, plus I'm a neat freak about my electronics and don't like having my remotes mixed with my controllers. It's also easier for less tech savvy people to use a standard looking remote than a ps3 controller.
My main problem is forgetting what buttons do what. Especially fast forward.
My main problem is forgetting what buttons do what. Especially fast forward.
Isn't it like R1? I remember watching movies on PS2 back in the day and it was miserable. You could always press select and the menu would pop up and annoy the crap out of your movie watching experience.
Isn't it like R1? I remember watching movies on PS2 back in the day and it was miserable. You could always press select and the menu would pop up and annoy the crap out of your movie watching experience.
Yeah, it's one of them, but then you have to decide between like 2x 5x and 10x, and it just never works how i want it to. Then I hit the wrong one and just skip to the next scene. It's lame.

Wii has got some pretty cool games on it, my brother has one but I have a 360. IMO 360 has better games and online service (you pay for what you get at the moment) but the ps3 is pretty cool too. Wii is more of a fun games console, things like mario party games and wii fit etc.

To add a little more:I think the Wii is a little more of an "experience". Some games are best played when standing up and with a lot of room. I know sometimes when Im tired, I just want to lay in bed and play some video games, but Im limited on the Wii. Also, when you guys says PS3 has a limited Blu-Ray, whats that mean?

randy....apply for the sony card and get 150 bucks off the ps3 when they credit your account in 3-4 weeks....sonystyle linkyou're welcome for the info....now i'm gonna need help findin' a 2009 ford edge with the vista roof and sirius radio in it...on the cheap cheap
R1 and L1 are your chapter skipsR2 and L2 are your FFW and REW

Was going to get a Wii until I saw that all the games for it were suited for 10yr olds and now I'm getting a PS3 with the new tv I got and I'm pretty excited. Plus the Bluray is nice as it negates the cost of buying that and the free online play for the system will allow me to play against friends and hopefully crush their soul.