Espn's Streak For The Cash

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Million dollar loss by Carolina. I hope that moron hedged at least $200,000 so he doesn't commit suicide later.
He would have to have $200K in cash just lying around to do that though...
He would have to have $200K in cash just lying around to do that though...
Think about it this way. If you had friends or family and you said "I was just on ESPN and if I bet this I can either win 1 million or $200k if you lend me this money" you don't think people would help him get that money? It's a once in a lifetime situation.

What a bad game to pick. Carolina and Atlanta were fairly even in terms of strengths and weaknesses, and that game easily goes either way. Better off picking Baltimore over slumping Philly.Tomorrow's Packers-Saints game is pretty even too, though I'd go with the Saints. The guy with 24 right now should probably sit on it.

What a bad game to pick. Carolina and Atlanta were fairly even in terms of strengths and weaknesses, and that game easily goes either way. Better off picking Baltimore over slumping Philly.Tomorrow's Packers-Saints game is pretty even too, though I'd go with the Saints. The guy with 24 right now should probably sit on it.
Pretty easy decision whether you like the game or not. You take NO on ESPN, and you hedge in Vegas with GB +1, if the ML is off. NO wins by 1, you win the million and push on the hedge, if they somehow tie, you scoop. You have to play it though and not let the guy at 22 a chance to split it with you on Tuesday.
Think about it this way. If you had friends or family and you said "I was just on ESPN and if I bet this I can either win 1 million or $200k if you lend me this money" you don't think people would help him get that money? It's a once in a lifetime situation.
Think about it this way. How many people do you think you'd have to beg and then receive money to get to 200k? Not to mention in less than 24 hours. Theres no way more than 1% of people in America would be able to hedge this amount of money this quickly
Think about it this way. How many people do you think you'd have to beg and then receive money to get to 200k? Not to mention in less than 24 hours. Theres no way more than 1% of people in America would be able to hedge this amount of money this quickly
Well whatever....put your ****ing life savings on that shit. If you were in this situation you wouldn't pretty much do everything you could to get a large sum of money together? That's all I was getting at.
Well whatever....put your ****ing life savings on that shit. If you were in this situation you wouldn't pretty much do everything you could to get a large sum of money together? That's all I was getting at.
yes but I think if I really tried, the most I could get would probably be 10k and like 8k of that would be me, and is it really worth going through all that trouble?
yes but I think if I really tried, the most I could get would probably be 10k and like 8k of that would be me, and is it really worth going through all that trouble?
You're kinda a tool if you really think this way. Either win a million or lose everything? You'd honestly take that shot? Holy degen batman.
Well I would meet in Vegas to contribute, for a small cut of course. I'm sure you could get more than 10k.
You're kinda a tool if you really think this way. Either win a million or lose everything? You'd honestly take that shot? Holy degen batman.
obviously i'd try to hedge some of it, but itd be such a meaningless sum and it'd be so hard to pool all of my money together
obviously i'd try to hedge some of it, but itd be such a meaningless sum and it'd be so hard to pool all of my money together
When did a guaranteed 14k become meaningless? Did I miss a meeting? Was there a memo?

You all seem to be missing that this isn't a zero risk hedge opportunity.Say he goes to grandpa and takes the 200K in his retirement fund with the promise "We'll double it" then loses the hedge and loses on ESPN because the chick also wins and gets the tie breaker. Now he's out 200K.Even if he won on ESPN it could be months before he had the cash in hand.Certainly worth hedging somewhat but depending on his financial situation doing it for 200K might be crazy.

You all seem to be missing that this isn't a zero risk hedge opportunity.Say he goes to grandpa and takes the 200K in his retirement fund with the promise "We'll double it" then loses the hedge and loses on ESPN because the chick also wins and gets the tie breaker. Now he's out 200K.Even if he won on ESPN it could be months before he had the cash in hand.Certainly worth hedging somewhat but depending on his financial situation doing it for 200K might be crazy.
I'm talking about the new guy who can't be tied today :club:
Should have listened to me, Crew were HUGE favorites over the overachieving Red Bulls, and well SD blew a chance at overtime by calling a timeout on 4th down before their field goal attempt without letting the play clock run down, giving the Colts 90 seconds instead of 60 to drive downfield and attempt a 51 yard FG opportunity that they made.
FYP

This guy is an idiot. He took GB which means if he hedged, he wasted money if he took the ML, and if NO wins by 1, he wins nothing. I doubt he hedged anyway, because taking GB wouldn't make sense, so he's an even bigger moron. So of course he'll win the full million, because that's how the world works.

This guy is an idiot. He took GB which means if he hedged, he wasted money if he took the ML, and if NO wins by 1, he wins nothing. I doubt he hedged anyway, because taking GB wouldn't make sense, so he's an even bigger moron. So of course he'll win the full million, because that's how the world works.
Good times.

This thread simply proves that Teddy is an idiot. I'm not understanding where this tie came into play the other day? One guy was at 24 and picked Carolina, the girl was at 23 and picked the same Carolina game. If they both win one wins a million and the other has 24. Am I missing some fine print here? Say goodbye to the other guys million the Pack are cooked.

This thread simply proves that Teddy is an idiot. I'm not understanding where this tie came into play the other day? One guy was at 24 and picked Carolina, the girl was at 23 and picked the same Carolina game. If they both win one wins a million and the other has 24. Am I missing some fine print here? Say goodbye to the other guys million the Pack are cooked.
ESPN ruins lives.
The girl would have been able to pick the Colts/Chargers game to tie, which would have been settled on best win pct.
The girl would have been able to pick the Colts/Chargers game to tie, which would have been settled on best win pct.
Ah...must've missed that somewhere. The whole you know...first to 25 wins thing threw me off. **** ESPN and their shenanigans.