$10 Freebie On Ps

In 1967 there was a popular TV band touring America.In NY, their opening act was so frustrated with hearing "Davey....Davey" the lead singer of the opening act flipped the crowd the finger and walked off.For a $10 freebie...... name the headlining band and the opening act that walked off.One of the most bizarre coupling acts of bands in music history.

Okay, it's getting late and I need to go to bed.I'll declare a tie. The correct answer is: The Jimi Hendrix Experience opening for the Monkees.So no_neck and bdc30 each get a free $5.But seriously...... I know I took a lot of drugs back then. Who in the hell thought having Jimi opening for the Monkees was a good idea?Lemme know yer PS names and I will ship.

damn, was pretty sure on the monkees, couldn't figure the second one (a lot of good wiki is when you need it...lol)bdcfcp on stars - thx poto
YW..... best of luck.WOO HOO!
But seriously...... I know I took a lot of drugs back then. Who in the hell thought having Jimi opening for the Monkees was a good idea?Lemme know yer PS names and I will ship.
Watch the Monkee's move "Head" and maybe that will clue you in for why.

It's all good. Mickey Dolenz, Peter Tork and Michael Nesmith all loved Jimi. And the Monkees made some good music. All I'm saying is that there could not have been more polar opposites of music at the time.On that note..... I'm popping the Monterey Pop DVD into my player and cranking it up. So when my neighbors complain, I' m blaming you guys.WOO HOO!

On that note..... I'm popping the Monterey Pop DVD into my player and cranking it up.
Good idea. 45 minutes 48 seconds of beauty. Not listened to him in a while.Also the Monkees sound like a cross between the Beatles and the Kinks with all the good bits of the 2 removed. (in my opinion)Hendrix tuning at the start of Killing Floor > their discography.

All I have to say is amazing.Just got done watching the Monterey gig that put Jimi on the map. For all you youngsters, check it out.What an event for music. Jimi, Janis, Otis... so many others. And they all played for free. Rarely has there been a meeting of so many talented and unique individuals at one time.Those were truly the days.

Good idea. 45 minutes 48 seconds of beauty. Not listened to him in a while.Also the Monkees sound like a cross between the Beatles and the Kinks with all the good bits of the 2 removed. (in my opinion)Hendrix tuning at the start of Killing Floor > their discography.
Frank Zappa was a master. Of all the concerts I have seen, he was consistently the most perfectionist performer I ever saw.