Very Difficult Flop

i am loathe to discuss hands like this too much, but this one felt too interesting to not share. assume 2 calling stations except utg who is a very good, tricky player. what do i do here? am i happy to get it in three ways? do i get it all in one way?what about the turn? if i pot the flop and then pot the turn ive about priced myself in. what turns do i like? what turns do i hate? what turns do i fold if im bet into? Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $65.10UTG+1: $44.25CO: $30.55Hero: $50.90SB: $54.40BB: $61.30Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 3 :D 5 :5c 3 :D 4 :4h UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: 7 :club: 3 :D A :ts ($2, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero ?

Strange that nobody would take the lead on that flop. Is nobody holding a 2 low? No low+FD? No higher set? Is it unusual for all the players to be this passive?Are you concerned about a check-raise? Or check-calling with a stronger hand?How about checking behind on the flop and then potting a safe turn? We don't want to see a diamond, obviously. Other than that there really isn't another scary card. You have the counterfeit protection if a 4 or 5 falls, so that's not a concern.

I suppose you really like the three of diamonds on the turn. :club: You've got the 3rd high and the 3rd low right now.You hate most diamonds.You are cautious of an Ace or 7 - they decrease the flush/straight draws against you, but also lower your hand ranking, and also increase the outs for higher boats.You dislike 4, 5 or 6, though they could counterfeit someone else's low.You love/like the non-diamond two's. You're OK with the 2d, if the other three are chasing only the high.There are many ways where you're ending up only with half the pot, or a quarter. The times you scoop though, likely outweigh the times you win nothing.The non-diamond 8-K likely don't hurt you at all.I figure you hate less than half the deck...if you pot it and get three callers you're ahead of the game.

with $2 even in the pot here, I'd make it between 1.00 and 1.50 to go to see who tags along. Just doesn't feel like it'll alter what you're up against much, other than knowing a little bit mroe where your opponents might be. If a diamond drops and pairs the board, or a 2 of diamonds drops, I'd check here and elt someone else lead on the turn. What you want to aovid is someone holding k-k-, q-q-, etc and getting a free ride to higher trips on the turn.

we are on the button so the action coming to us will lead us to our decision. Did you mean UTG+1 is the tricky one or UTG?If UTG it is then all u have are some calling stations left in the hand w/ you. I think I would go with the 1/2 to 3/4 bet on the flop and make my decision on the turn depending on who/ how many come along. I'd take any non lo non diamond card (actually I might even like the diamond if they all check again:-) on the turn and be happy. (other than the 2 obv.)O and to take a page out of your book. "not raising preflop is teh suck!" :club:

• 2 weeks later...
we are on the button so the action coming to us will lead us to our decision. Did you mean UTG+1 is the tricky one or UTG?If UTG it is then all u have are some calling stations left in the hand w/ you. I think I would go with the 1/2 to 3/4 bet on the flop and make my decision on the turn depending on who/ how many come along. I'd take any non lo non diamond card (actually I might even like the diamond if they all check again:-) on the turn and be happy. (other than the 2 obv.)
i'm quite new to o8(and new to the forum) so bear with me here...the part of your comment here that says "other than the 2 obv", does this mean you like or dislike the 2? i would think the 2 is ideal on the turn or river, just a little confused i guess.