What Am I Missing Here?

So, I was browsing around the PokerStars FPP Store and saw that one of the items you can purchase is a $7.50 Step 1 ticket for 500 FPP, but you have to be at SilverStar status. Since I don't play much I usually am a BronzeStar, however, I can still just use 500 FPP and register into a Step 1 SNG. I'm confused, so what am I missing here?

So, I was browsing around the PokerStars FPP Store and saw that one of the items you can purchase is a $7.50 Step 1 ticket for 500 FPP, but you have to be at SilverStar status. Since I don't play much I usually am a BronzeStar, however, I can still just use 500 FPP and register into a Step 1 SNG. I'm confused, so what am I missing here?
I think you're missing a feather

The PS store sucks. They value the items with their eyes closed an 2 fingers in the nose. I'm a real book addict and a while ago I could purchase 3 good books (2 HoH and Ace on the river) for 4500 points. Now if I want to buy 3 good books I have to earn over 6000 points.I don't know, maybe they made it easier to earn the points?Jan

The Réunion Sacred Ibis or Réunion Flightless Ibis (see below) (Threskiornis solitarius), is an extinct bird species that was native to the island of Réunion. It is probably the same bird discovered by Portuguese sailors there in 1613 and until recently assumed by biologists to be a member of the solitaire family and called the "Réunion Solitaire" (Raphus solitarius), classified as a relative of the Dodo.Painting of an albino dodo, previously mislabeled as "Raphus solitarius".That bird was at various times classified as Victoriornis imperialis (the "Réunion Solitaire" or "White Dodo" of descriptions and paintings - the latter obviously show an albino dodo from Mauritius) and Borbonibis latipes (from the first ibis bones found, before a connection to the solitaire reports had been made). The epithet solitarius derives from the Raphus solitarius description of Baron Edmund de Sélys-Longchamps in 1848, but the species' existence was not confirmed until the discovery of bones on Réunion in the late 20th century. The discovery that it actually was an ibis perfectly fits what the early travellers said about its plumage and habits. The confusion can be explained by the fact that solitaire was used by the writers of the descriptions as a term indicating a birds' solitary lifestyle, which the ibis happened to share with the Rodrigues Solitaire, but was interpreted by the scientists as an indication of a taxonomic relationship.The Réunion Sacred Ibis lived solitarily in deep forests near freshwater, where it fed on invertebrates like worms and crustaceans which it caught or dug out of the soil with its long beak. If threatened, it tried to get away mainly by running, using its wings for assistance and to glide short distances, especially downhill.It had a white plumage, with black wingtips and tail, and a dark, naked head. Bill and legs were long, the former slim and slightly downcurved. All in all, it looked much like a small Sacred Ibis with short wings.The last account of the "Réunion Solitaire" was recorded in 1705, indicating that the species probably became extinct sometime early in that century.The vernacular name "Réunion Flightless Ibis" is misleading, since travellers' reports as well as bone measurements indicate that it was well on its way to flightlessness, but could still fly some distance after a running take-off.Dodo_reunion-Rothschild.jpg

if it says you have to be silver star my guess would be No
No, I'm BronzeStar and I can register and play with 500 FPP. I've done it before at my status. My question is why do you have to be SilverStar to buy a ticket for the same Step in the FPP Store.
The Réunion Sacred Ibis or Réunion Flightless Ibis (see below) (Threskiornis solitarius), is an extinct bird species that was native to the island of Réunion. It is probably the same bird discovered by Portuguese sailors there in 1613 and until recently assumed by biologists to be a member of the solitaire family and called the "Réunion Solitaire" (Raphus solitarius), classified as a relative of the Dodo.Painting of an albino dodo, previously mislabeled as "Raphus solitarius".That bird was at various times classified as Victoriornis imperialis (the "Réunion Solitaire" or "White Dodo" of descriptions and paintings - the latter obviously show an albino dodo from Mauritius) and Borbonibis latipes (from the first ibis bones found, before a connection to the solitaire reports had been made). The epithet solitarius derives from the Raphus solitarius description of Baron Edmund de Sélys-Longchamps in 1848, but the species' existence was not confirmed until the discovery of bones on Réunion in the late 20th century. The discovery that it actually was an ibis perfectly fits what the early travellers said about its plumage and habits. The confusion can be explained by the fact that solitaire was used by the writers of the descriptions as a term indicating a birds' solitary lifestyle, which the ibis happened to share with the Rodrigues Solitaire, but was interpreted by the scientists as an indication of a taxonomic relationship.The Réunion Sacred Ibis lived solitarily in deep forests near freshwater, where it fed on invertebrates like worms and crustaceans which it caught or dug out of the soil with its long beak. If threatened, it tried to get away mainly by running, using its wings for assistance and to glide short distances, especially downhill.It had a white plumage, with black wingtips and tail, and a dark, naked head. Bill and legs were long, the former slim and slightly downcurved. All in all, it looked much like a small Sacred Ibis with short wings.The last account of the "Réunion Solitaire" was recorded in 1705, indicating that the species probably became extinct sometime early in that century.The vernacular name "Réunion Flightless Ibis" is misleading, since travellers' reports as well as bone measurements indicate that it was well on its way to flightlessness, but could still fly some distance after a running take-off.Dodo_reunion-Rothschild.jpg
Good read.
My question is why do you have to be SilverStar to buy a ticket for the same Step in the FPP Store.
To make it seem like Silverstar is a status worth having, of course.

Right now the only thing I use the fpp points for is the turbo takedown once a month. I blow the rest in satellites because I suck at poker. If I ever make platinum I think I'll just buy the $285 cash bonus for 25k fpps every chance I get and continue playing in the takedown.

Stars VIP is only worthwhile if you manage to get up to Supernova. If not, you're better off with rakeback at other sites.As a Silver Star, if you buy the $50 bonus, you're getting 1c per FPP. As a Gold Star, if you buy the $285 bonus, you're getting 1.1c per FPP. As a Platinum Star, you're getting 1.3c per FPP. As a Supernova, you're getting 1.5-1.6c per FPP.