EDIT: Bleh on the title too. Can't correct the subject title now.Villain is 80/12/1.57 over roughly 50 hands or so. I played this hand so badly that I am still bleeeeh.Advice on all streets appreciated. Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (MP): $10.00CO: $8.25BTN: $7.25SB: $15.05BB: $10.00UTG: $3.50Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with A :club: Q :D1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, SB calls $0.30, 1 foldFlop: ($0.80) 9 :ts 3 :D 6 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.80) 7 :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($0.80) A :5c(2 players)SB bets $2.30, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds

i really think you need to call this river. I mean I don't hate it but I don't love it. Against a player like this I think he is going to be make big bets with bluffs thinking he has too. Also he called in the SB so his range is really really wide here. What range are you putting him on?

EDIT: Bleh on the title too. Can't correct the subject title now.Villain is 80/12/1.57 over roughly 50 hands or so. I played this hand so badly that I am still bleeeeh.Advice on all streets appreciated. Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (MP): $10.00CO: $8.25BTN: $7.25SB: $15.05BB: $10.00UTG: $3.50Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with A :club: Q :D1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, SB calls $0.30, 1 foldFlop: ($0.80) 9 :ts 3 :D 6 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.80) 7 :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($0.80) A :5c(2 players)SB bets $2.30, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds
I've never called in this spot and not seen the backdoor flush.

I think this is a good fold. Either has a crappy 2 pair or a backdoor flush most of the time and he is probably hoping you cannot lay your ace away if you have one.If the bet in the end was smaller I'd def call here but why take the risk in a cashgame if you can wait for better spots.

Yes, there should've been a c-bet the majority of the time, but because it's a calling station, I didn't think it would be a good idea since he would be uncapable of laying down any mid to top pair. Maybe my thinking is wrong here.

Really? There's no action on the flop or turn. Spades might get fruity somewhere along the line here I think.
your right it was late I was confused, but I still call here Folding to a 82/12/1 or whatever is silly.

I think calling or folding will depend on your read on the guy and how he has been playing. Is he up or down money? Against a normal player i prob fold here. I would have had to see this guy pull off other weird plays to think my aq is good here.

I just call. Villain could flip anything here. true I feels silly when he shows me two hearts, but i think he has crap more than half the time.

I would call here for two reasons:We probably have the best hand some percentage of the time but not a tonIf we don't, we find out cheaply what a huge overbet on the river means from this villain, which is SO key imo to know about people.Mark

A couple of things: 1) What are his call open and fold to CB percentages?2) When people bluff in micro stakes cash games, they usually do so on the flop or turn. Massive bets on the river are almost always big hands trying to look like bluffs or trying to squeeze more money when the pot is small. The times he makes that bet with the flush or AK greatly, greatly outnumber the times he does so with a bluff or a weaker hand.