More Important Than Poker

I had to take a half day off work today, I went to Sylmar this morning to look for my Aunt who were affected by the fires. My Grandpa texted me from the Philippines saying to look for my Aunt in Sylmar Highschool and to check for there condition. Coming from a broken family I'm not that close to my Father's side of the family but seeing the devastation on TV I was compelled to drive down there.Before I went there I cooked some porridge and put it on a big crock pot, it was hell getting to that area not only because of the traffic but some parts of the area you can't get into because the police considered the area a crime scene, apparently somebody set this fire intentionally. So when I got there, I brought the copy of the picture of my Aunt that I got from Friendster and start looking at the people. I saw my Aunt and she was so happy to see me, she gave me a hug and told me that her house is not burnt but they are not allowing them to go back at the moment.She introduced me to her husband and 3 young kids, she said that Red Cross has been feeding them cold cut sandwiches and they seem satisfied. I told them that I cooked some porridge for the kids, My aunt helped me carry the porridge and when I opened the lid the aroma spread to the whole gym and immediately there are other people who wanted to partake. So I hurried up and gave my Aunt's kids plastic bowl and gave them bowl of porridge, I looked on to my Aunt and she gave me the look that they're ok and its ok to give away the remaining porridge. I explained to the other people that I didn't bring much and that the food would be beneficial to the children and they complied, there must have been at least 12 kids that went running and I gave them food until its all empty, I also gave a bowl to an elderly woman who said that she's a having a hard time chewing food, one parent cried thanking me.I talked to my Aunt for almost an eternity, we exchanged call numbers and gave her the remaining supplies I bought for them. when I left the area, I saw a lot of people with worried look and most of them seem tired of crying, reminded me of my past when I could not afford anything, I still dont have much but I'm sure I'm better that some of these people who lost their houses on this fire. While I'm driving home there, I noticed that I could not stop crying.I know yall accustomed to seeing funny anectdotes from me but today I wont, let's just pray for these people and more strength for the Firefighters who's putting there life on the line to put this fires out.

I had to take a half day off work today, I went to Sylmar this morning to look for my Aunt who were affected by the fires. My Grandpa texted me from the Philippines saying to look for my Aunt in Sylmar Highschool and to check for there condition. Coming from a broken family I'm not that close to my Father's side of the family but seeing the devastation on TV I was compelled to drive down there.Before I went there I cooked some porridge and put it on a big crock pot, it was hell getting to that area not only because of the traffic but some parts of the area you can't get into because the police considered the area a crime scene, apparently somebody set this fire intentionally. So when I got there, I brought the copy of the picture of my Aunt that I got from Friendster and start looking at the people. I saw my Aunt and she was so happy to see me, she gave me a hug and told me that her house is not burnt but they are not allowing them to go back at the moment.She introduced me to her husband and 3 young kids, she said that Red Cross has been feeding them cold cut sandwiches and they seem satisfied. I told them that I cooked some porridge for the kids, My aunt helped me carry the porridge and when I opened the lid the aroma spread to the whole gym and immediately there are other people who wanted to partake. So I hurried up and gave my Aunt's kids plastic bowl and gave them bowl of porridge, I looked on to my Aunt and she gave me the look that they're ok and its ok to give away the remaining porridge. I explained to the other people that I didn't bring much and that the food would be beneficial to the children and they complied, there must have been at least 12 kids that went running and I gave them food until its all empty, I also gave a bowl to an elderly woman who said that she's a having a hard time chewing food, one parent cried thanking me.I talked to my Aunt for almost an eternity, we exchanged call numbers and gave her the remaining supplies I bought for them. when I left the area, I saw a lot of people with worried look and most of them seem tired of crying, reminded me of my past when I could not afford anything, I still dont have much but I'm sure I'm better that some of these people who lost their houses on this fire. While I'm driving home there, I noticed that I could not stop crying.I know yall accustomed to seeing funny anectdotes from me but today I wont, let's just pray for these people and more strength for the Firefighters who's putting there life on the line to put this fires out.
I was almost expectig one of the kids to be named goldilocks.
I bet you guys all feel like a-holes for always belittling the OP's other threads, huh? Really touching story chuck. You're funny and poignant, the total package, much like your name sake.
I found "The World Series Of Vagina" thread to be very poignant.
gruel?
nutz your mushNice gesture any ways