Tptk Check-raised On The Flop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($30.65)Hero (CO) ($32.50)Button ($28.10)SB ($25.10)BB ($21.55)UTG ($26.15)Preflop: Hero is CO with Aheart.gif, Kspade.gif2 folds, Hero raises to $1, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75Flop: ($3.10) Qheart.gif, 8diamond.gif, Adiamond.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $3.50Turn: ($15.10) 4heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $15, 1 foldTotal pot: $15.10 | Rake: $0.70Are the two bolded parts ok?BB is 26/22/2 over like 100 hands. I only have about 25 hands or so with him on this table, but I'm about 1k hands into my 4 tabling session and I've seen him on other tables during that time. He multi-tables and seems like a regular. Button is pretty donkish, like 54/18/2. On the flop I thought about folding, but I decided to flat because I felt he could be doing this with something like AJ/AT. I was really only worried about AQ or 88 because I felt he'd reraise everything else.

Folding that flop is too nitty especially for a smallish raise, and three betting seems out of control so I think a flat is the best option. I probably dont bet as much on the turn, more like 10$. It will send the same message as a pot sized bet but if he had raised then its cheaper to get out if you decide to do so.

I think he only had something like $14.50 left. When he didn't shove the turn I pretty much narrowed him to like AJ/AT, I thought there was a slight chance that he'd checked to induce a bet from me but it was more likely he had a naked ace.Since he's only got less than the pot left, what's the best way to induce him to stack off?

Oh, ok -sorry, didn't notice stack sizes. I just put him in like you did, in that case. Without draws on board we can check behind and encourage him to "value bet" his weaker ace or to outright bluff. As is we cannot let him see a free river.btw, signature .gif = LAGGG

Oh, ok -sorry, didn't notice stack sizes. I just put him in like you did, in that case. Without draws on board we can check behind and encourage him to "value bet" his weaker ace or to outright bluff. As is we cannot let him see a free river.btw, signature .gif = LAGGG
This.
I bet less on the turn, $12 or so, to encourage calls / spazz shoves from worse aces or draws.
This^. Don't bet so much on the turn

Am I the only one that finds check raises on the flop to be really strong? I mean I guess you don't really have to a choice on how to play it based on the guys stack size, but I expect him to have a two pair/set a lot.

Are the two bolded parts ok?BB is 26/22/2 over like 100 hands. I only have about 25 hands or so with him on this table, but I'm about 1k hands into my 4 tabling session and I've seen him on other tables during that time. He multi-tables and seems like a regular. Button is pretty donkish, like 54/18/2. On the flop I thought about folding, but I decided to flat because I felt he could be doing this with something like AJ/AT. I was really only worried about AQ or 88 because I felt he'd reraise everything else.
I think it's OK, but if we're calling, we're marrying the hand and shoving any non-flush turn. I think we need to make a note that villain can check raise/fold, and we need to see what the means over time.
Am I the only one that finds check raises on the flop to be really strong? I mean I guess you don't really have to a choice on how to play it based on the guys stack size, but I expect him to have a two pair/set a lot.
I pretty much agree. I suspect villain butchered some kind of draw here and looked at the turn, his odds, his stack, and regretted the flop CR
Am I the only one that finds check raises on the flop to be really strong?
Flop check-raises are the weakest of check-raises.Here's villain's "reasonable" range on the flop (which includes no outright bluffs, doesn't contain non-draw pairs below top pair, and leaves out some of the worst offsuit rag aces):AcAs,QcQd,QcQs,QdQs,8c8h,8c8s,8h8s,AcKc,AcQc,AsQs,AcJc,AsJs,AcTc,AsTs,Ac9c,As9s,Ac8c,As8s,Ac7c,As7s,Ac6c,As6s,Ac5c,As5s,Ac4c,As4s,Ac3c,As3s,Ac2c,As2s,KdQd,KdJd,KhJh,KdTd,Kd9d,Kd7d,QdJd,QdTd,Qd9d,Qc8c,Qs8s,JdTd,JhTh,Jd9d,Jh9h,Td9d,AcKd,AcKh,AsKc,AsKd,AsKh,AcQd,AcQs,AsQc,AsQd,AcJd,AcJh,AcJs,AsJc,AsJd,AsJh,AcTd,AcTh,AcTs,AsTc,AsTd,AsTh,Ac9d,Ac9h,Ac9s,As9c,As9d,As9h,Ac8h,Ac8s,As8c,As8h,Ac7d,Ac7h,Ac7s,As7c,As7d,As7h,JToWe have 62.5% equity. You want to fold?By my count, there are 95 hands in that range. 7 of those beat us. 6 of those tie us. Against the rest, we currently have the best hand.
Flop check-raises are the weakest of check-raises.Here's villain's "reasonable" range on the flop (which includes no outright bluffs, doesn't contain non-draw pairs below top pair, and leaves out some of the worst offsuit rag aces):AcAs,QcQd,QcQs,QdQs,8c8h,8c8s,8h8s,AcKc,AcQc,AsQs,AcJc,AsJs,AcTc,AsTs,Ac9c,As9s,Ac8c,As8s,Ac7c,As7s,Ac6c,As6s,Ac5c,As5s,Ac4c,As4s,Ac3c,As3s,Ac2c,As2s,KdQd,KdJd,KhJh,KdTd,Kd9d,Kd7d,QdJd,QdTd,Qd9d,Qc8c,Qs8s,JdTd,JhTh,Jd9d,Jh9h,Td9d,AcKd,AcKh,AsKc,AsKd,AsKh,AcQd,AcQs,AsQc,AsQd,AcJd,AcJh,AcJs,AsJc,AsJd,AsJh,AcTd,AcTh,AcTs,AsTc,AsTd,AsTh,Ac9d,Ac9h,Ac9s,As9c,As9d,As9h,Ac8h,Ac8s,As8c,As8h,Ac7d,Ac7h,Ac7s,As7c,As7d,As7h,JToWe have 62.5% equity. You want to fold?By my count, there are 95 hands in that range. 7 of those beat us. 6 of those tie us. Against the rest, we currently have the best hand.
Bah, adding suits makes my brain hurt.For speculation's sake, what about if he shoves the turn? I think his range is a lot stronger when he follows up the check-raise with a shove than when he checks the turn.
Flop check-raises are the weakest of check-raises.Here's villain's "reasonable" range on the flop (which includes no outright bluffs, doesn't contain non-draw pairs below top pair, and leaves out some of the worst offsuit rag aces):AcAs,QcQd,QcQs,QdQs,8c8h,8c8s,8h8s,AcKc,AcQc,AsQs,AcJc,AsJs,AcTc,AsTs,KdQd,KdJd,KhJh,KdTd,Kd9d,Kd7d,QdJd,QdTd,Qd9d,Qc8c,Qs8s,JdTd,JhTh,Jd9d,Jh9h,Td9d,AcKd,AcKh,AsKc,AsKd,AsKh,AcQd,AcQs,AsQc,AsQd,AcJd,AcJh,AcJs,AsJc,AsJd,AsJh,Ac8h,Ac8s,As8c,As8h,,JToWe have 62.5% equity. You want to fold?By my count, there are 95 hands in that range. 7 of those beat us. 6 of those tie us. Against the rest, we currently have the best hand.
I think what I have up there is a closer range to what he might show up with IMHO
For speculation's sake, what about if he shoves the turn? I think his range is a lot stronger when he follows up the check-raise with a shove than when he checks the turn.
To be honest, he really shouldn't be check-raising here with really anything without intentions of shoving the turn. That said, if he does check, it is considerably weaker.
I think what I have up there is a closer range to what he might show up with IMHO
Still 50% equity, which means we can't fold with all the money in the pot and that smallish raise.

If he shoves the turn I think you insta fold it.Otherwise I probably play it similar. It does seem odd to me that we just flat the flop then put him all in on the turn when he could have a draw. I have a lot of sympathy for re-raising the flop. Kinda read dependant though.

Given that the board is drawy plus he could be a donk with a worse A who would stack off with it, plus he has 80bbs, I reraise the flop.Normally I just call the flop raise and fold to any more aggression or possibly call a turn bet. I don't particularly like your bet on the turn, if you're going for value the bet small. If you are going to bet the turn I'd raise the flop in general. (unless your plan was to wait for safe turn card before getting your money in, which isn't a bad plan)Mark