Clonie Gowen Suing Basically Everyone At Ftp

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose, just to be fair...clonie5.jpg
Yeah I know she can look horrid for sure. I should have qualified it with 'poker hot' :)Mark
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the skinny on this whole mess, from a non-bias perspective (at least I think I am not biased one way or the other, as I have great respect for Daniel and Howard, however, I have very little for the defendant, but she is not the focus of my comments, just the catalyst):Daniel has had problems with Howard in the past (from back in the day regarding Annie). For Daniel to take Howard's side (even though it is most likely through Daniel's associations with many other members of FTP and not because Daniel and Howard are chums), with such vigor and gusto, proclaiming how off the wall the lawsuit is, speaks volumes in my opinion. Daniel has been known to say the first things that enter his mind, regardless of the consequences, many times in the past, however, his gut-reaction comments have seemingly not hurt him in the long run before, and I don't see these particular comments hurting him in this instance either. If I am not mistaken, Daniel made many disparaging comments in the past concerning Doyle and Chip (regarding them being partners/possibly cheaters), and yet Doyle is constantly (playfully) making fun of Daniel's golf game in his blog, so perhaps Daniel has patched things up with Howard (like he seems to have done with Doyle). Nevertheless, even if Daniel and Howard are still at odds, for Daniel to take Howard's side must imply that it is fairly cut and dry in regards to what the defendant is owed from FTP.As for the plaintiff, it appears that the lawsuit has not hindered her tournament poker game at all these past few months, as she has been on a tear. Sure, she may have lost some sponsorship for tourney costs (however, if I recall the case correctly, she claims she was not provided with much of anything all this time anyhow). Not sure of the exact timeline of the beginning of the end for her with FTP, but it probably had something to do with an episode of Poker After Dark where she admitted to cheating in a game (can't recall the exact details, but that was when I lost the little bit of respect I had for her, as it seemed like she was only a known "pro" due to her (somewhat questionable) good looks). Mind you, I may be getting her confused with someone else that was on that episode, so if it wasn't her, I apologize for any confusion or harm this may have caused. Nor do I know what romantic ties she may have had with any members of FTP that may have caused the split (I love gossip though and would love to hear some "true" details). For her to go our on such a limb would indicate that she either honestly believes she is owed something, or she is indeed bat-shit crazy. Should she end up losing the case, I fear the worst may end up happening, which would definately not be good for anyone involved, directly or indirectly.Bottom line is that if someone was owed something from someone else, they should receive it, and if they were not owed owed it, shame on them for trying to steal something that they were not entitled to.

i remember a wsop final table from a couple years ago that Lederer and Negreaunu both made(not hold em, stud i think?) and at the beginning of the broadcast they interviewed Lederer and he said something along the lines of "it's always special competing against the likes of Daniel to win a bracelet" etc etc (paraphrased obv). at the time i thought it was him showing respect to DN for being one of the elite players, but after reading all this stuff, maybe it was more of a "it's always special to beat Daniel because i can't stand that guy and i'd love to rub his nose in it" type of comment.

Here's the skinny on this whole mess, from a non-bias perspective (at least I think I am not biased one way or the other, as I have great respect for Daniel and Howard, however, I have very little for the defendant, but she is not the focus of my comments, just the catalyst):Daniel has had problems with Howard in the past (from back in the day regarding Annie). For Daniel to take Howard's side (even though it is most likely through Daniel's associations with many other members of FTP and not because Daniel and Howard are chums), with such vigor and gusto, proclaiming how off the wall the lawsuit is, speaks volumes in my opinion. Daniel has been known to say the first things that enter his mind, regardless of the consequences, many times in the past, however, his gut-reaction comments have seemingly not hurt him in the long run before, and I don't see these particular comments hurting him in this instance either. If I am not mistaken, Daniel made many disparaging comments in the past concerning Doyle and Chip (regarding them being partners/possibly cheaters), and yet Doyle is constantly (playfully) making fun of Daniel's golf game in his blog, so perhaps Daniel has patched things up with Howard (like he seems to have done with Doyle). Nevertheless, even if Daniel and Howard are still at odds, for Daniel to take Howard's side must imply that it is fairly cut and dry in regards to what the defendant is owed from FTP.As for the plaintiff, it appears that the lawsuit has not hindered her tournament poker game at all these past few months, as she has been on a tear. Sure, she may have lost some sponsorship for tourney costs (however, if I recall the case correctly, she claims she was not provided with much of anything all this time anyhow). Not sure of the exact timeline of the beginning of the end for her with FTP, but it probably had something to do with an episode of Poker After Dark where she admitted to cheating in a game (can't recall the exact details, but that was when I lost the little bit of respect I had for her, as it seemed like she was only a known "pro" due to her (somewhat questionable) good looks). Mind you, I may be getting her confused with someone else that was on that episode, so if it wasn't her, I apologize for any confusion or harm this may have caused. Nor do I know what romantic ties she may have had with any members of FTP that may have caused the split (I love gossip though and would love to hear some "true" details). For her to go our on such a limb would indicate that she either honestly believes she is owed something, or she is indeed bat-shit crazy. Should she end up losing the case, I fear the worst may end up happening, which would definately not be good for anyone involved, directly or indirectly.Bottom line is that if someone was owed something from someone else, they should receive it, and if they were not owed owed it, shame on them for trying to steal something that they were not entitled to.
The episode in question. She described I believe an Omaha hand where she flopped a flush but saw that there were two of the same card in the deck (ace of spades IIRC) and that she didn't mention it until the hand was completed.Other female players including Harmon looked at her in disgust.
  • 1 month later...

According to Daniel Clonie will be ostracized from the poker community!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :club:(sorry Daniel, just have to chuckle at this one. Hot (well, semi poker hot) girls never get ostracized from anything. Especially by the poker community.)Mark

According to Daniel Clonie will be ostracized from the poker community!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :club:(sorry Daniel, just have to chuckle at this one. Hot (well, semi poker hot) girls never get ostracized from anything. Especially by the poker community.)Mark
I'm glad you amended your post from just hot... but even then, I'm not sure.How about 'hottest pick in a crackhead brothel'?
I'm glad you amended your post from just hot... but even then, I'm not sure.How about 'hottest pick in a crackhead brothel'?
That is very fair to her imo, good call :)Mark
already happened.
You mean that Layne Flack won't golf with her any longer ?