Clonie Gowen Suing Basically Everyone At Ftp

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is about the latest news about Daniel's opinion/comment (whatever you wanna call it) about Clonie Gowen's lawsuit against Full Tilt Poker. It's an ongoing debacle (I guess) because of what Daniel's comments recently posted here: http://www.pokernetwork.com/news/clonie-go...part-ii3071.htmMy two cents:I don't know the details about what the whole background of the situation, so I may be biased on what I'm about to say. Needless to say, I'm terribly disappointed with DN's careless and irresponsible comments about Clonie.Before I discuss the topic, I want to make one thing clear first. I can honestly say that I'm a HUGE DN fan. I follow every tournament he goes to, read his blogs, articles, books, subscribe to PokerVT, watch videos and even get email alert each time "Daniel Negreanu" is mentioned in any articles. I met DN in Vegas also during WSOP signing (last 10 minutes left after he's been sitting there for 4 hours!) and to my surprise...really upstanding guy. I was expecting him to be cranky after hours of signing and picture taking., but he was ear to ear smile an took time to sign shirts and take multiple pictures with us (awesome!). Anyway, I became more of a fan (so as my wife). I look up to him as a poker player buy more importantly as a person because he seems so modest, humble, sincere and overall just a nice guy. So bottom line, I like the guy A LOT!However, I start noticing some not so nice stuff from DN lately. Maybe it's just me, but I'm just not used to the stuff I read coming from him. The last straw was about his remarks on Clonie's lawsuit against FTP (which is highlighted in above link). Now, I don't care if he's involved as a defendant, or just simply voicing his opinion, but to call someone names on a widely read forum with words like "ding bats, extortionist, idiot, liar, etc" is to me, just simply uncool, irresponsible and careless. Clonie might have gone overboard with her lawsuit claims or whatever she did is not the point here...the point is DN just came-out of his shell and acted (rather wrote) so carelessly without consideration of his past friendship (or acquaintanceship) with Clonie. Quite frankly, I was really disgusted with his remarks! It was so unlike DN.I recently read on his blog commenting about Phil Hillmuth's rant on ESPN calling a player an "idiot" on national TV (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1225778852&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&). Those kind of comments is what, I think, makes Daniel such a modest guy because he hates seeing people getting bullied by others. But in this case (Clonie), he seems like he's being the bully!You might have read from the above link what Barry and Kevin said about Daniel's remark, which to me, sounds supporting of Clonie, or just being neutral...however you want to view it. The point is, DN has millions of followers (and he knows it!) so naturaly, these people, like me, read his blogs/comments/articles. So I was really surprise that he made such a foul comment about Clonie, who I think, still is a good poker ambassador, especially for women in the arena. The point is, it's Clonie's battle, it's her career, it's her reputation, it's her life....DN should leave it at that, it's not his life!I wish DN didn't make those comments or I simply wished I never read them. But I did and it really troubled me as a fan. His stock definitely went down in my portfolio and my friends share the same feeling.And on a side note, DN seems to start becoming like the guy he always rants about. This guy (PH) always flaunts his brand, high style of living, limos, private jets/parties, not to mention his feat of the "greatest Hold 'em player" he claims he is. I noticed that almost every blog, DN saturates his blog with some sort of plugging pokervt.com, his books, Pokerstars, etc. I understand he's a human brand, but you can take it down a notch, you're becoming the guy that I (and others) despise! Not being so humble, are we?To sum up, I hope I'm mistaken to what DN really said about Clonie. If those remarks are really true...I've lost my faith in him. If they're not true or I took it out of context, I still think he's becoming too much of a brand, not a person he was known to be. Again, just my two cents. x supreme x

This is about the latest news about Daniel's opinion/comment (whatever you wanna call it) about Clonie Gowen's lawsuit against Full Tilt Poker. It's an ongoing debacle (I guess) because of what Daniel's comments recently posted here: http://www.pokernetwork.com/news/clonie-go...part-ii3071.htmMy two cents:I don't know the details about what the whole background of the situation, so I may be biased on what I'm about to say. Needless to say, I'm terribly disappointed with DN's careless and irresponsible comments about Clonie.Before I discuss the topic, I want to make one thing clear first. I can honestly say that I'm a HUGE DN fan. I follow every tournament he goes to, read his blogs, articles, books, subscribe to PokerVT, watch videos and even get email alert each time "Daniel Negreanu" is mentioned in any articles. I met DN in Vegas also during WSOP signing (last 10 minutes left after he's been sitting there for 4 hours!) and to my surprise...really upstanding guy. I was expecting him to be cranky after hours of signing and picture taking., but he was ear to ear smile an took time to sign shirts and take multiple pictures with us (awesome!). Anyway, I became more of a fan (so as my wife). I look up to him as a poker player buy more importantly as a person because he seems so modest, humble, sincere and overall just a nice guy. So bottom line, I like the guy A LOT!However, I start noticing some not so nice stuff from DN lately. Maybe it's just me, but I'm just not used to the stuff I read coming from him. The last straw was about his remarks on Clonie's lawsuit against FTP (which is highlighted in above link). Now, I don't care if he's involved as a defendant, or just simply voicing his opinion, but to call someone names on a widely read forum with words like "ding bats, extortionist, idiot, liar, etc" is to me, just simply uncool, irresponsible and careless. Clonie might have gone overboard with her lawsuit claims or whatever she did is not the point here...the point is DN just came-out of his shell and acted (rather wrote) so carelessly without consideration of his past friendship (or acquaintanceship) with Clonie. Quite frankly, I was really disgusted with his remarks! It was so unlike DN.I recently read on his blog commenting about Phil Hillmuth's rant on ESPN calling a player an "idiot" on national TV (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1225778852&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&). Those kind of comments is what, I think, makes Daniel such a modest guy because he hates seeing people getting bullied by others. But in this case (Clonie), he seems like he's being the bully!You might have read from the above link what Barry and Kevin said about Daniel's remark, which to me, sounds supporting of Clonie, or just being neutral...however you want to view it. The point is, DN has millions of followers (and he knows it!) so naturaly, these people, like me, read his blogs/comments/articles. So I was really surprise that he made such a foul comment about Clonie, who I think, still is a good poker ambassador, especially for women in the arena. The point is, it's Clonie's battle, it's her career, it's her reputation, it's her life....DN should leave it at that, it's not his life!I wish DN didn't make those comments or I simply wished I never read them. But I did and it really troubled me as a fan. His stock definitely went down in my portfolio and my friends share the same feeling.And on a side note, DN seems to start becoming like the guy he always rants about. This guy (PH) always flaunts his brand, high style of living, limos, private jets/parties, not to mention his feat of the "greatest Hold 'em player" he claims he is. I noticed that almost every blog, DN saturates his blog with some sort of plugging pokervt.com, his books, Pokerstars, etc. I understand he's a human brand, but you can take it down a notch, you're becoming the guy that I (and others) despise! Not being so humble, are we?To sum up, I hope I'm mistaken to what DN really said about Clonie. If those remarks are really true...I've lost my faith in him. If they're not true or I took it out of context, I still think he's becoming too much of a brand, not a person he was known to be. Again, just my two cents. x supreme x
I would said something nice about the guy whos owns this forum for my 1st post......rip him after you have posted at least 100x.
I would said something nice about the guy whos owns this forum for my 1st post......rip him after you have posted at least 100x.
In fairness to that poster, he said several nice thing, and one crazy thing about DN"
even get email alert each time "Daniel Negreanu" is mentioned in any articles.
Email alerts? really? Just wow. Also, I'm sure the "ripping" this guy is giving DN will be salved by the fact he's a team PokerVT Member. But if it's not, I'm sure the guy can mend some fences with making DN a nice piece of pottery.What I found more interesting was from the link that guy posted, from Kevin O'Donnell:
There has been more mud thrown around on this than the presidential election. Only this time, Negreanu, you have thrown most of it, in a race you're not even in.I have always found Clonie to be not only a good person, but a great ambassador for FT.I do know that she has been in every TV ad and picture as a member of team Full Tilt until a little while back. I don't know (nor do you), what the arrangement that she had with FT was, but to assume there was nothing at all, would be a little naive.I think the best thing you can do Daniel, is go have your mom make you lunch, chill out, and mind your own business. All the people I have had the pleasure of meeting on "The FT Team" are very nice people with more integrity and manners than you have shown here. They all seem, intelligent and capable enough of dealing with any issues they might have with Clonie, one on one in private.I might not be much of a poker player, but, I do know right from wrong, and you are WAY wrong in your attempted public assassination of a nice person."
LOL at the bolded. But yea, pretty much.
You're assuming he has very little fact to back it up.
I worded that post very poorly. I meant to say he has very littlefact that he is willing to/morally can share. If that is the case, that he has info he cannot share, then the mostrational/moral thing to do would be to not publicly out that person.

I just read poker advice from Clonie Gowen and it was hilarioussssssss. Apparently she is a red pro on pokerroads poker pro forum. And she advocated the worst tourney play ever and talked down to a bunch of great internet players, but ended her post with something along the lines of one day they'll be good because they're thinking hard about the game. LOLZ

the nice guy thing is all an act so he can take your chips if he ever sits with you at a tournament. read the whole RGP thing about him and annie duke. yes he can be very nice. he can also be a jerk. kind of like....everybody else in the worldarent celebrities disappointing?
the nice guy thing is all an act so he can take your chips if he ever sits with you at a tournament. read the whole RGP thing about him and annie duke. yes he can be very nice. he can also be a jerk. kind of like....everybody else in the worldarent celebrities disappointing?
In Daniel's defense, I think he really is a nice guy at heart. He just has that "I'm famous now and kind of get a little arrogant and full of myself" thing going sometimes. I do sometimes and I'm only slightly online famous so I try and cut him some slack :club: I think he did go a bit off his rocker with the Clonie comments though. I can't imagine any scenario where a hot woman gets blackballed from the poker scene, its just never going to happen.Mark
In Daniel's defense, I think he really is a nice guy at heart. He just has that "I'm famous now and kind of get a little arrogant and full of myself" thing going sometimes. I do sometimes and I'm only slightly online famous so I try and cut him some slack :club: I think he did go a bit off his rocker with the Clonie comments though. I can't imagine any scenario where a hot woman gets blackballed from the poker scene, its just never going to happen.Mark
i had something in there about how he is probably nicer than most people but it just didn't fit in with the whole thing.
why wasn't daniel part of the original FTP lineup? seems like he would have been a natural choice considering so many of his buddies are involved
Serious Answer. Around the time FTP was starting up Daniel was trying to make a go of it as the headlining promoter of a site called Poker Mountain. I think he and TJ Cloutier were the only ones attached to Poker Mountain. It never caught on and went under shortly after it started. Daniel then tried to open a poker room on his own site here. We actually had an FCP Poker Room for like a year or so that was a skin of Pokerroom.com. Unfortunately, that ultimately went away after the UIGEA passed and Pokerroom.com decided not to allow U.S. players anymore. They tried to move FCP to another network but ultimately had to fold it up as the online poker market got smaller and Pokerstars and FullTilt emerged as the only two major players left.It was after all that that DN eventually signed on with PokerStars. I have no idea whether he was ever offered a spot with FullTilt, but I do know that he and Howard Lederer have (at least reportedly) never really gotten along. Especially after the whole RGP thing with DN and Annie Duke that I believe was linked to somewhere in this thread. Lederer pretty much owns FTP, so I always assumed that the DN/Howard feud was the main reason why he never signed on with FullTilt (which always seemed like a logical choice since they had virtually all of the other big name pros).
Serious Answer. Around the time FTP was starting up Daniel was trying to make a go of it as the headlining promoter of a site called Poker Mountain. I think he and TJ Cloutier were the only ones attached to Poker Mountain. It never caught on and went under shortly after it started. Daniel then tried to open a poker room on his own site here. We actually had an FCP Poker Room for like a year or so that was a skin of Pokerroom.com. Unfortunately, that ultimately went away after the UIGEA passed and Pokerroom.com decided not to allow U.S. players anymore. They tried to move FCP to another network but ultimately had to fold it up as the online poker market got smaller and Pokerstars and FullTilt emerged as the only two major players left.It was after all that that DN eventually signed on with PokerStars. I have no idea whether he was ever offered a spot with FullTilt, but I do know that he and Howard Lederer have (at least reportedly) never really gotten along. Especially after the whole RGP thing with DN and Annie Duke that I believe was linked to somewhere in this thread. Lederer pretty much owns FTP, so I always assumed that the DN/Howard feud was the main reason why he never signed on with FullTilt (which always seemed like a logical choice since they had virtually all of the other big name pros).
That's probably all true, but I think there's something more to be said. Daniel is not only a top flight player but is one of the top two most marketable professional players. I'm guessing that while FTP most likely made him an offer at one point or another, he probably thought it best to blaze his own path at the time, rather than be a part of a "team" and have to chop up the limelight. I think the same could be said for Hellmuth and Doyle who probably had similar beliefs about their own endorsement power, and for good reason.
That's probably all true, but I think there's something more to be said. Daniel is not only a top flight player but is one of the top two most marketable professional players. I'm guessing that while FTP most likely made him an offer at one point or another, he probably thought it best to blaze his own path at the time, rather than be a part of a "team" and have to chop up the limelight. I think the same could be said for Hellmuth and Doyle who probably had similar beliefs about their own endorsement power, and for good reason.
People are forgetting that Full Tilt came very late to the online poker market and they were far from being a guaranteed success. In their early days players weren't being paid by them for endorsements but were investing in them.They basically copied the UB plans of using famous players and people like Hellmuth and Duke were already at UB which was already a successful site when Full Tilt launched. I always find it funny when people ask why Annie didn't get involved in Full Tilt since her Brother was there. UB was what Full Tilt was trying to become and there was no guarantee that they were going to be a success.
sorry for not reading the whole thread, but can someone give me a brief summary? why is clonie gowen suing?
she says FTP owes her 1% of the company, FTP says they don't. supposedly she hasn't been paid what had been agreed upon