Clonie Gowen Suing Basically Everyone At Ftp

This was posted by Barry Greenstein yesterday:------- Originally Posted by Barry Greenstein View PostI don't agree with Daniel about it ruining her for poker, but maybe he just means that is is very tough for the average tournament player to make enough to pay the bills without any sponsorship. I don't get the feeling that Clonie supplements her income with side-game winnings, although she does make something from poker boot camps.For all the criticism about her play, she has won two decent tournaments this year and three (out of three) Poker After Darks. That makes her sixth on the all time money list for women in poker. I wouldn't count invitational events, but even without them she would be in the top ten.I vaguely recall her telling me a few years back that she thought she was going to get some stock, but I would have thought she would have gotten that cleared up within a year of representing the company. It certainly seems strange to bring it up after all these years.I'll invite Clonie to post here, although I assume her lawyers will advise her not to. Just in case, limit the unwarranted personal attacks that always come off as misogynistic so I can sell her on the fact that these are forums where people will give her a chance to state her case without bashing her for no reason.Update: I just got off the phone with Clonie.1. She always thought she had a piece and was told because of the grey area with poker that there were reasons that things weren't in writing.2. She has been pursuing her piece in writing ever since the distributions went out a year and a half ago.3. She had been negotiating in private but she was unable to get anything done so she had to get a lawyer. (They offered a settlement that she rejected.)4. She also questioned why poker players were named in the suit, but her attorney told her that it had to be done that way since they were owners and also so that their paperwork could be subpoenaed.5. Daniel doesn't like her. (no kidding!)Barry------Mark
See, this was exactly the type of thing I was saying.... there's two sides to every story, fellas, you shouldn't necessarily take one of the most biased guy's word for it, just because you like him. The courts will figure out the merit of this. What ever you think of Clonie personally or professional ( as a player) it doesn't mean she wasn't a good promoter for Full tilt, and doesn't mean she wasn't promised things back with Full Tilt was launching.
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this was exactly the type of thing I was saying.... there's two sides to every story, fellas, you shouldn't necessarily take one of the most biased guy's word for it, just because you like him. The courts will figure out the merit of this. What ever you think of Clonie personally or professional ( as a player) it doesn't mean she wasn't a good promoter for Full tilt, and doesn't mean she wasn't promised things back with Full Tilt was launching.
I have to admit, seeing someone of Greenstein's s stature in the poker community giving clonie some support makes me consider that maybe she isn't being dealt with fairly.
I have to admit, seeing someone of Greenstein's s stature in the poker community giving clonie some support makes me consider that maybe she isn't being dealt with fairly.
I think he wants more people to go to poker road and look at his post FWIW...I can't imagine they are giving 1% to all the pros, and if they aren't giving 1% to all the pros than they aren't giving 1% to Cyclorama
I think he wants more people to go to poker road and look at his post FWIW...I can't imagine they are giving 1% to all the pros, and if they aren't giving 1% to all the pros than they aren't giving 1% to Cyclorama
Of course they aren't giving it to all the pros, but they certainly could have been giving it to pros on board in 2004, who helped launch and promote the site. Again, this has nothing to do with pros' talent level. She could be the worst player of all time ( which she certainly is not) and still be a great promoter for the site. Ratwastard might be a little incoherent, but he's right about one thing.. she's has been a better promoter for the site than guys like Siedel and Juanda.

I highly doubt that they would give 1% to anyone just for doing promotion, but I could be wrong...I would think people that got 1% put up cash... who knows.PS and to agree to do all of this "work" without a contract or some form of proof is just silly IMO

I fuc.kin hate cancer. Fuc.k cancer. My father went from 265 lbs to 125 in 8 months. I dont wish cancer on my worst enemies.
Where do I sign up for some of that cancer stuff? Sounds like an awesome diet.

When you sue a company, you also sue all the partners or owners. I'm very curious why they refused to give her a distribution check if everyone else got one? She'll need to prove she's a 1% owner...FTP had to know this would go to court. Very odd. Sometimes, verbal is binding but she should have gotten it in writing.It sounds like they are ganging up on her, quite honestly.

All Barry did in his post was repeat what Clonie told him in a phone conversation that just took place, point out that she's had some tournament poker success and vaguely recall that he might have remembered from a conversation a few years ago that Clonie mentioned that she thought she might get some stock.Thinking that you might get some stock and having a 1% ownership in the company are two different things.
PS and to agree to do all of this "work" without a contract or some form of proof is just silly IMO
I'll bet none of them have written contracts.If they were smart they'd have done it through Tiltware which is the legal US business. The original partners/investors/promoters could be given a percentage of Tiltware with the understanding that FTP would be giving a certain percentage of its profits to Tiltware.Really while I usually respect DN I think he's prone to fly off the handle without all the facts. Especially when his friends are being "attacked". BG is way more tactful and deliberate and while BG didn't really provide any strong opinions of his own I think his slant that the case has some merit is probably closer to true than we might have at first believed.
All Barry did in his post was repeat what Clonie told him in a phone conversation that just took place, point out that she's had some tournament poker success and vaguely recall that he might have remembered from a conversation a few years ago that Clonie mentioned that she thought she might get some stock. Thinking that you might get some stock and having a 1% ownership in the company are two different things.
But Barry's not an idiot. He must have know that posting that was basically the next best thing to an a sworn affidavit, and that now he will be called to testify, etc. etc. etc. And if she can knit together some people who recall having conversations back at the time, she's going to have a case. Tilt has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. She's gonna get a settlement just to get this off the "front page."
But Barry's not an idiot. He must have know that posting that was basically the next best thing to an a sworn affidavit, and that now he will be called to testify, etc. etc. etc. "
Wat??-----*Ring-ring Ring-ring*>Hi this is mtdesmoinesHey this is Giggidy>HeyListen I think I'll be getting 1% of FT's profits - Giggidy - >Sweet, gg you, nicelife.netBoom - case closed. It must be true then, see you in courts/w :club:
Really while I usually respect DN I think he's prone to fly off the handle without all the facts. Especially when his friends are being "attacked". BG is way more tactful and deliberate and while BG didn't really provide any strong opinions of his own I think his slant that the case has some merit is probably closer to true than we might have at first believed.
This is not exactly unusual for Daniel right? From what I've seen of him here on the forums, he's a opinionated kinda stubborn guy who is pretty quick to let everyone know what his opinion is and that his opinion is the correct opinion. Not a bash on Daniel, just saying that the fact that him being pretty quick to take a very aggressive line in defense of his friends is pretty standard. I was reading a thread on 2p2 yesterday and (I think in the Daniel vs Lederer thread) someone jokes that the best way to get Daniel to post something is to insult Edog :)Mark
This is not exactly unusual for Daniel right? From what I've seen of him here on the forums, he's a opinionated kinda stubborn guy who is pretty quick to let everyone know what his opinion is and that his opinion is the correct opinion. Not a bash on Daniel, just saying that the fact that him being pretty quick to take a very aggressive line in defense of his friends is pretty standard. I was reading a thread on 2p2 yesterday and (I think in the Daniel vs Lederer thread) someone jokes that the best way to get Daniel to post something is to insult Edog :)Mark
Plus, he's gay, right?
Wat??-----*Ring-ring Ring-ring*>Hi this is mtdesmoinesHey this is Giggidy>HeyListen I think I'll be getting 1% of FT's profits - Giggidy - >Sweet, gg you, nicelife.netBoom - case closed. It must be true then, see you in courts/w :club:
Yeah, I know, but it will add up over time. Plus, BG didn't say she called him up and said she had a %-age He said she told him years ago she had a %-ageHUGE difference.
We should all be so lucky to have friends as loyal as this. :club: That said, BG's post makes me think perhaps Psycholona's claims may get some traction, but also, based on her actions, words, ninja accounts and posts etc. she does seem a bit off her rocker, nice tourney cashes not withstanding obv.
We should all be so lucky to have friends as loyal as this. That said, BG's post makes me think perhaps Psycholona's claims may get some traction, but also, based on her actions, words, ninja accounts and posts etc. she does seem a bit off her rocker, nice tourney cashes not withstanding obv.
Fair and balanced edit:He did once sing to E-Dog poolside about his apparent largess manhood... :club:
But Barry's not an idiot. He must have know that posting that was basically the next best thing to an a sworn affidavit, and that now he will be called to testify, etc. etc. etc. And if she can knit together some people who recall having conversations back at the time, she's going to have a case. Tilt has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. She's gonna get a settlement just to get this off the "front page."
You don't know much about our legal system, do you?
Not all pros. Only the "team full tilt". The other "full tilt pros" only get full rakeback and $35/h as benefits.
You don't know much about our legal system, do you?
I overstated the bolded part, sure. But OTOH, if you think his comments are immaterial ... then ....This isn't hearsay in a criminal trial. This is corroboration of a verbal contract. And, no, I'm not a legal expert.
This link was posts on 2+2 the day it was filed. It was posted by an account with 4 posts, all coincidentally having to do with Clonie and FTP. Coincidence? No, it was her. As or Clonie, naming random people associated with FTP in a lawsuit is extremely irresponsible and inappropriate. It's like she's just throwing darts and guessing. She's not going to make any friends doing that. I mean, Mike Matusow? Like he needs to be on that suit, it's ridiculous.
It's my belief that they were named because they were the ones that supposedly got the 1% but I could be wrong. Anyway, after having read BG's post, I have to think that there's some merit to it. And most lawyers won't take a percentage of a case they think is a loser. That doesn't mean I agree with either side but it's just that sometimes Daniel you're not the most objective person when it comes to your friends. Hell, I'm not the most objective person when it comes to my family and friends so that is certainly understandable.
So how does anyone believe she got "no compensation?" Has she not played a ton of WPT and WSOP events? Where did that money come from?
If FTP sponsored her then there should be a record of that. And it's quite possible that this is why they think they can win this one. But seriously if she was part of Team FTP and the rest of the team got 1% does it not look a bit weird that she would be the only one who didn't. FTP will need to show that this is not a standard thing with Team FTP in order to win this one I think. So guess we'll see in court unless there's a settlement.